6 Jul: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Guess the other top 4 sides will take good heart from that game.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

The game changed when Arundel dropped the ball under the Cas posts when Wakey looked as though they should have put a bit more distance between the two team's scores.

Was he a dummy runner or was he just cr ap?

And what gives with Fafita celebrating big style towards the Cas fans after his try?, there was clearly enough time for Cas to win and make him look foolish which they did.

Has Daryl Powell finally decided to stop complaining about refs now they have Chris Kendall on a weekly basis?

Yes he gave Cas everything, we are so lucky to get him.

I see you have your pet again tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

The game changed when Arundel dropped the ball under the Cas posts when Wakey looked as though they should have put a bit more distance between the two team's scores.

And what gives with Fafita celebrating big style towards the Cas fans after his try?, there was clearly enough time for Cas to win and make him look foolish which they did.

Has Daryl Powell finally decided to stop complaining about refs now they have Chris Kendall on a weekly basis?

Joe made up for it with the ball steal? We still should have won after Cas came back into the game. Gutted to lose a game in which we played our best 40 minutes this year.

f3gms4.jpg

6 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Guess the other top 4 sides will take good heart from that game.  

Not sure why you think that. I'd have preferred a Wakey win, personally.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

6 hours ago, Davc1h said:

Yes he gave Cas everything, we are so lucky to get him.

I see you have your pet again tomorrow.

:D Thank goodness for that, I don't know how we'd cope if he wasn't fit.

Having Bentham and Tuimavave back in our squad makes us that much stronger.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

53 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Not sure why you think that. I'd have preferred a Wakey win, personally.

Not the result.  

I think it was another example of Cas's recent vulnerability.  Unfortunately Wakefield weren't clever enough to take advantage fully.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I thought Fifita was just firing up the crowd to try and get them over the finish line

13 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I thought Fifita was just firing up the crowd to try and get them over the finish line

Well, if memory serves he was looking towards the Cas fans and cupping his hands round his ears because they'd gone silent after his try.

Like I said, just plain daft.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 05/07/2017 at 0:52 PM, Kirmonds pouch said:

Seeing as nobody can be bothered to start a thread. Biggest game of the week, possibly decides where at least one team finishes but still not important enough to wake up the people at Total RL - tells you all you need to know about the nature of our game. Imagine them forgetting Wigan v Saint ;->

It's my job to post the match threads each week, but unfortunately I've been on sick leave for the past week after an operation in hospital.

It's good to know the regular match threads are appreciated and missed when they do not appear, but there's no TRL rule that means someone else can't start them off if they haven't been posted on the usual schedule by me. If they don't appear, there will be a good reason, as above, and not because we don't care about a particular game or round.

3 minutes ago, Converted Northerner said:

Not seen the game or caught any highlights yet, but heard that Fifita was impeded at the drop goal at the end. Anything in it?

He was probably impeaded (although chucked himself on the floor like he'd been shot) but had he not been a clearly offside (no where near square) then he wouldnt have been impeaded.

If minded to give the obstruction penalty, you would have to give Cas the penalty for the offside anyway, so it would have simply been a 2 point Cas win.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

It's my job to post the match threads each week, but unfortunately I've been on sick leave for the past week after an operation in hospital.

It's good to know the regular match threads are appreciated and missed when they do not appear, but there's no TRL rule that means someone else can't start them off if they haven't been posted on the usual schedule by me. If they don't appear, there will be a good reason, as above, and not because we don't care about a particular game or round.

May you have a speedy recovery and thank you to you and anyone else for your work on these forums.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Converted northern, Watched the game on Sky and no there was nothing in the obstruction on Fifita.He was clearly offside anyway and it would have been a penalty to Cas.if he had missed. Mind you that would have been the correct decision but the way this game was reffed anything could have happened.The two tackles in the air were ridiculous decisions,one so blatant ,one never a tackle in the air.Why he did not go to the VR. also for the decision on Webster losing the ball over the line was also a mystery.Wakey certainly played well though and were very unlucky to lose.By the way I am not a Cas. or Wakey fan. Just a R.L supporter and neutral.Have to agree though something needs to be done about the present standard of R.L. It is a hard,thankless task but at the moment even though there is a shortage of Refs.the standard needs to be raised one way or another,would two refs. help? Who knows but it has to be worth the experiment.

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

:D Thank goodness for that, I don't know how we'd cope if he wasn't fit.

Having Bentham and Tuimavave back in our squad makes us that much stronger.

Lol taken in the way it was meant.

FWIW Don't think you will need him tonight. Too strong for Saints IMHO.

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

.the standard needs to be raised one way or another,would two refs. help? Who knows but it has to be worth the experiment.

Is the current pool of referees even big enough for two on the pitch at once? We seem to be struggling to find 6 decent ones per weekend. I hate to criticise refs, they do a really difficult job in a fast moving game, but something does need to happen. There's got to be a root cause of the problem, whether it be referee positioning etc. Are all the SL ref's full time? (sorry for slightly digressing from last nights game). 

7 hours ago, Oxford said:

Just so good from both sides this one!

That's how I view it, I thought it was the most skillfull game of the year. I say that because the defences of both teams were so tough it was amazing anyone scired. Nearest you'll get to an NRL game in SL this year. I loved it even though we lost. Electric atmosphere as well.

On 7/7/2017 at 10:39 AM, John Drake said:

Best place for operations, IMO of course.

Get right soon John.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived