Jon Sharp Removed as Fev Coach

DOGFATHER

Maguire & Burrows??

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Must have money to burn or at least like to keep the tills ringing and not believe in rainy days!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

40 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Moving fast is this story

Yep. If I was a rich foreign investor looking to take over a RL club with huge potential then Fev would be the obvious choice.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Statement from the Batley Chairman that there is no chance of any club pinching Dicko from under your noses as he is signed up to a watertight three year contract.

Now relax!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Statement from the Batley Chairman that there is no chance of any club pinching Dicko from under your noses as he is signed up to a watertight three year contract.

Now relax!!

In times like these I really appreciate what a well run club Batley is...

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Very shocked they have got rid of john sharp and appointed duffy, mind boggles??

I reckon Swinton play some of the best football I've seen in our division, but it must be said that there results have been disappointing, but with the money troubles they have, it makes you wonder whether it has played its part during the season and affected the results.

Fev's decision still seems crazy, given they are part time and achieved a top 4 finish, it makes you wonder what has gone off for them to make this decision.

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I reckon Swinton play some of the best football I've seen in our division, but it must be said that there results have been disappointing, but with the money troubles they have, it makes you wonder whether it has played its part during the season and affected the results.

Fev's decision still seems crazy, given they are part time and achieved a top 4 finish, it makes you wonder what has gone off for them to make this decision.

I agree that Swinton play a great brand of rugby, but it doesn't win them much. They need to remember that tackling is an important part of the game. I am not sure what Duffy has shown the management at Fev to suggest he is a better coach than Sharp, but I am only a simple spectator and could well be proven wrong.

8 hours ago, distantdog said:

I agree that Swinton play a great brand of rugby, but it doesn't win them much. They need to remember that tackling is an important part of the game. I am not sure what Duffy has shown the management at Fev to suggest he is a better coach than Sharp, but I am only a simple spectator and could well be proven wrong.

It does seem to be a makeshift/ trial appointment,  on a one year contract, supported by a bold statement by the owner of 'aiming high and leaving a mark this time around '  in the Middle 8's. 

Maybe there are still financial issues lurking around at Fev, and they are desperate to achieve more victories in the 8's to maximise income from the RFL prize money. I imagine that players booking holidays on their week off has not helped this cause in the eyes of Mark Campbell, and possibly Jon Sharpe has taken the hit on this.

Archived