Rochdale predictions

graham fisher

First of 7 massive games. This won't be a easy game far from it,but be prepared for a long day as seams to happen when Rochdale are playing. With Walshaw suspended I'd put Hallett back in centre's other than that I wouldn't tinker too much.

Rams 28

Rochdale 14

FTS Guzdek

MOM Moore

Att 804

10 hours ago, DaveButt said:

14-26 to Hornets, I hope.

Me too :clapping:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On another thread I referred to the recent games between Whitehaven and Barrow in C1. Haven thrashed Barrow in their meeting just a few weeks ago yet lost at home to them last weekend. In other words our overwhelming victory also just a few weeks ago shouldn't be taken as any indicator of form for this match.

Having said that we really should win this game if we are building a team with some serious intent for the shield. Rochdale are a good side with a well-practised style but we should have enough guile to overcome them if our forwards can dominate once more.

Rams 28 - 16 Hornets

Att: 795

FTS: Brown

MoM: Moore

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, no Rob Massam or Gaz Middlehurst. Saving them for Batley next week ?

You won't need them to beat losebury 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Need no complacency with this one. We have to be tighter with our defence, but I think that might be next season before we see much improvement with that. 

Dewsbury 32-16 Rochdale

FTS: Hallett

MoM: Sykes

Att: 784

Player most unlikely to score: Sheriffe

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Well apparently they are missing 3 of their better players. 

Ram's win gap 16-20 points 

But I do expect us to be behind at one stage. 

Morton to score first

Man of the match

Depends who the sponsors pick because as we've seen

Just because your the best player on the day doesn't mean you'll be man of the match.

Attendance 

Actually there 623 

;)

6 hours ago, coolie said:

You just get swinton nailed this afternoon... Possible banana skin for you today ;)

Ha you must be supping the same stuff as me Coolie 

Another great team performance today .I want to pick out Sam Day for the way he dives low for his tries,bravely.

Looks like the bulls are doomed.A great shame really .I remember Mick Stephenson on sky saying this is how all super

league clubs should be run.I bet there are few grins on the faces down at Keighley.How they were treated at the start of sl was shameful thanks to likes of morris lynsey.  

A depressing attendance.i wonder if the bulls match will now be less than a 1000.

Looking forward to Neils lads grinding Batley into the dust in our next encounter.  

Excellent display today from 1-17. What a difference from the GM days to how we performed today. We look fit, keen, fast and have a great team spirit for all to see. Yes Rochdale were poor but we never really gave them a sniff. We could have had 70 today quite easily. Wonderful to watch and although we went through a 15 minute quiet period in the second half we still managed to match our first half points tally. We will take some beating in the play offs and who knows we may just go all the way. 

Given todays results think we are safe from relegation now, whereas a few months ago we were nailed on for relegation. It would take a remakable series of results for Oldham Swinton and Rochdale to win enough game to all finish ahead of us,

But we are four points plus points difference behind Sheffield so effectively 5 points. So lets hope we can stay 4th and have an away day at Toulouse and a good pay out for the club from central funds for next year.

Tpdays performance was great all round effort, good defence and great on attack, to think we could barely score a try at the beginning of the season. Glover was great value for his hat-trick, Potts scored 4 without having to do anything spectacular, Sykes is a class act and the forwards dominated the Rochdale pack. Toulouse will be interesting next week.

A good win and a pretty enjoyable match. I thought that Ned's comments on R Leeds (eventually, after the Cas lovefest had finished) were spot on in that his job now is to get their feet back on the floor and concentrate upon the Toulouse game.

I thought that Rochdale were very disappointing and not really worthy of their dedicated band of fans who turned out today.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

55 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Looking forward to Neils lads grinding Batley into the dust in our next encounter.  

Ha wot just like last time !!

If it wasn't for a couple of Batley cast-offs you'd be joining the bulls :butcher:

1 minute ago, Piggy's mate said:

Ha wot just like last time !!

If it wasn't for a couple of Batley cast-offs you'd be joining the bulls :butcher:

And if it wasn't for half a dozen Dewsbury cast offs... You'd be going to Gloucester with doctor foster ;)

Great game and result today. Took our chances well. Standouts for me were Toby  E, Brown, Glover and Sykes. Some great tries, Glovers from his own half is one of the funniest I've seen with their kick off!! Sets us up nicely for next week, just need to try and get more paying punters through the gate. Great 2nd half of the season. Well done all involved!! 

Archived