Bradford at home

Logic

sat in the stand in my usual place scott Naylor was walking towards the tunnel at half time and two of our idiots in the stand started hurling vile abuse at him.  Naylor gestured for them to come down and say it to his face not threatening  them they did not accept his offer then I heard him say to them tell me what you would do with no players and no money. just to had this in the first half when the Bradford player kicked high towards the corner and  their winger caught it and scored he was yards offside I was bang inline with it. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, tandle said:

sat in the stand in my usual place scott Naylor was walking towards the tunnel at half time and two of our idiots in the stand started hurling vile abuse at him.  Naylor gestured for them to come down and say it to his face not threatening  them they did not accept his offer then I heard him say to them tell me what you would do with no players and no money. just to had this in the first half when the Bradford player kicked high towards the corner and  their winger caught it and scored he was yards offside I was bang inline with it. 

And therein lies the problem...no players, and no money.

I feel sorry for Naylor, its an absolutely thankless task.

The club really is in dire trouble.Once again feel for the loyal fans- Naylor is obviously frustrated, but what can he do? He cant turn to the chairman for cash, there is none..

11 minutes ago, tandle said:

naylors remark made me completely change my opinion of him things do not bode well for Oldham. 

Its obviously frustration, it must be difficult treading water.He has no money and a big injury list, the problems stem from not having the money to build a winning team and sign the players he would like to?

I might be wrong but one more defeat and its very likely the team will be relegated back to oblivion. :(

I too was sat behind the 2 numpties! They were complaining that he should be sat in the dugout and that he didn't care. They asked him to resign in which he replied...if that's what you want then yes I will....hes done a fantastic job as he stated with no money and the injury list.....the lads put in a massive 2nd half stint and I for one was very proud!.

Fell just short again. But good effort nilling them in the 2nd half. 

If only leatherbarrow (v featherstone) and Hewitt (v London) would have kicked those relatively easy goal attempts we'd be sitting a bit more comfortably.

Still not over and some winnable games coming up and and a healthy Tyson returning next and possibly Neal. Always struggle at Batley though so not holding my breath 

Another game we could and probably should have won. The same as a number of games this season. Dewsbury and Rochdale (twice) spring to mind.

Unfortunately another patched up side took half an hour to gel properly and then it was too late. Possibly more injuries as well with Grimshaw and Hughes going off. Pity as I  thought Grimshaw was playing particularly well in the halves.

We looked good in parts in the second half and with a little bit of patience and better decision making we could have scored the winning try.

Five games left and they are all massive - and winnable.

I heard the rumours (since confirmed here) of someone having a pop at Naylor from the main stand. Sad that, even though us lot who stand may not agree with everything he does, it's pointless at this stage to have a go at him. For what it's worth I thought today showed the good and bad of Oldham. First half was dire, second half we could and should have won it. The ref was pretty fair although missed a blatant forward pass for a Bradford try. Our shortcomings showed when Sid was held up over the line, we had at least a 5 on 3 from the resulting play the ball on the open side yet still passed to the short side!! That sums our tactics up. On the plus side Grimmer was immense today.

It don't look great but Swinton lost also which keeps it as you were, problem is we are running out of games. Can't see us getting much at Batley next week, it's gonna go down to the wire. 

There is no doubt we were very unlucky today as we have been in quite a few games this season.

Some Bulls supporters told me that their first half was the best they have played all season! However, their second half was how they have been playing recently. I feel Swinton will turn them over next weekend and sadly I can't see us winning two more games than them to escape the drop.

But I still feel that the RFL will do something to keep the Bulls up. One Bull fan said if they go down there is a question of where they will be playing because they won't be able to pay the rent for Odsal on 1st division gates.

Rumours bouncing about yesterday saying that Naylor will not be here next season and Lee Greenwood from Gloucester is taking over.

A bit disappointed in fans having a go at Naylor, the club is skint and he probably can't do what he'd like to do.Dreading the end of the season as I worry what the end of the season might bring,relegation, end of the club,whatever, I don't think it's going to be pretty.On record I must say that the Bradford team for a full time outfit who don't have to worry about work the next day,they were very poor,probably one of Bradford's worst ones. We should've won that one.

13 hours ago, tandle said:

Let's get one thing straight there was no vile abuse.  It was fans who pay there money entitled to an opinion like Asreholes everyone has one including you. They were saying the team is clueless with no direction and a coach is responsible who's sat upon high sending messages down to an assistant. His job is to motivate players and give them direction.  surley if it was abusive stewards would have pounced and had words. Naylors rugby is 5 drives and a kick everytime. Their pace is slow and telegraphed. Would you call yesterday's performance acceptable no. Bradford had nothing to gain but just get winning pay. We are playing for survival. 

Calling people numpties and idiots because they challenged the coach on his playing style  

Do we know the real reason spanner left as those rumours are interesting to  

A coach on a radio does nothing. 

The match has already been summed up on here; shocking first half with a much improved second. Unlucky not to get the result when (I think it was) Wardy was judged to be held up at the side of the post, 50/50 call.

one question I've got is who makes the decision to close the far end stand and why? This decision could have cost us 2 points yesterday. 

Just imagine the roughyeds are 20 nil down at half time and claw their way back into the game during the second half to make it 16-20. There's 10 minutes to go and the Roughyeds are attacking the opponent's try line in front of 500 away fans, due to the far end stand being cordoned off before the match... the gap opens up under the sticks for Wardy, he throws himself towards the line and puts the ball down on the whitewash, 3 defenders jump on top of him. The referee's view is obscured by the padding around the post and looks towards his touch judge for assistance. The vast majority of fans in front of the action are either quiet or screaming no try. The referee has to make a quick 50/50 decision and no try is given. The bemusement is written all over Wardy's face. The game finishes 16-20.

In another world, the decision is made to open up both ends, the away fans move to the far end at half time. It's 16-20, Ward puts the ball down in front of the roughyeds faithful, the roof of the stand is nearly blown off with cheer that goes up. Referee gives a try. Roughyeds win 22-20 and move above Swinton in the league. 

The club cannot underestimate the value of our home support and the edge it can give us.

Bad call not to open all sections of the ground. 

Just now, studmuffin75 said:

Let's get one thing straight there was no vile abuse.  It was fans who pay there money entitled to an opinion like Asreholes everyone has one including you. They were saying the team is clueless with no direction and a coach is responsible who's sat upon high sending messages down to an assistant. His job is to motivate players and give them direction.  surley if it was abusive stewards would have pounced and had words. Naylors rugby is 5 drives and a kick everytime. Their pace is slow and telegraphed. Would you call yesterday's performance acceptable no. Bradford had nothing to gain but just get winning pay. We are playing for survival. 

Calling people numpties and idiots because they challenged the coach on his playing style  

Do we know the real reason spanner left as those rumours are interesting to  

A coach on a radio does nothing. 

I've no dog in this fight but most coaches today like to sit high up so they get the best overall view of play. We had one coach who sat as high up as he could behind the sticks. He thought that gave him the best view.

37 minutes ago, R0ughyeds said:

In another world, the decision is made to open up both ends, the away fans move to the far end at half time. It's 16-20, Ward puts the ball down in front of the roughyeds faithful, the roof of the stand is nearly blown off with cheer that goes up. Referee gives a try. Roughyeds win 22-20 and move above Swinton in the league. 

The club cannot underestimate the value of our home support and the edge it can give us.

That's a really good point.  I don't like it when the top end is cordoned off but I'd not considered the dispersion of the away fans to the top end and its possible effect on the game.  I suppose referees would argue that the crowd has no influence but those officiating games are only human.

It's probable that a lack of available stewards meant the top end had to be closed.  Financial constraints must have had a lot to do with that.  Still, the 18th man is worth his weight in gold sometimes and even pays to get in.

14 hours ago, chiefgeneral said:

Fell just short again. But good effort nilling them in the 2nd half. 

If only leatherbarrow (v featherstone) and Hewitt (v London) would have kicked those relatively easy goal attempts we'd be sitting a bit more comfortably.

Still not over and some winnable games coming up and and a healthy Tyson returning next and possibly Neal. Always struggle at Batley though so not holding my breath 

Don't forget the postponed game against dewsbury when they were at their lowest. The rearranged match came at time of their resurgence. 

One of the stewards did say yesterday, that it was due to the shortage of stewards. However, the number of stewards is based on a specific ratio to fan numbers, but that is surely based on larger groups of people than we ever get at our matches. With only a few hundred at matches, common sense says that it would be preferable to spread the numbers out over 4 sides of the ground rather than 3. That would surely eliminate any tension between rival fans and give freedom to change ends to the advantage of the attacking team. 

I spoke to the fat controller dressed in, black glasses, black cowboy hat, black jacket and an even blacker mood.

I asked him why the top end was closed he said "because I said so!" I asked why when probably one of the biggest crowds could have been evident he said "because I said so!" No discussion, no brain, no sense and really a very poor representative for Staleybridge FC and our club. As ROghyeds says HE played a big part in us losing that game.

Sadly, he will be there for our remaining games saying and doing the same garbage because he says so. 

I too had the misfortune to be sat directly in front of those morons. They are entitled to their opinion but they were abusive and very rude to scott and the stewards should have evicted them from the ground. There is no place for that its hard enough as it is for scott and the players. Luckily the two idiots removed themselves from the ground just after half time.  the future does not look rosy but the team played much better second half and if only they had taken their chances we could hv been feeling more hopeful today. 

2 hours ago, R0ughyeds said:

The match has already been summed up on here; shocking first half with a much improved second. Unlucky not to get the result when (I think it was) Wardy was judged to be held up at the side of the post, 50/50 call.

one question I've got is who makes the decision to close the far end stand and why? This decision could have cost us 2 points yesterday. 

Just imagine the roughyeds are 20 nil down at half time and claw their way back into the game during the second half to make it 16-20. There's 10 minutes to go and the Roughyeds are attacking the opponent's try line in front of 500 away fans, due to the far end stand being cordoned off before the match... the gap opens up under the sticks for Wardy, he throws himself towards the line and puts the ball down on the whitewash, 3 defenders jump on top of him. The referee's view is obscured by the padding around the post and looks towards his touch judge for assistance. The vast majority of fans in front of the action are either quiet or screaming no try. The referee has to make a quick 50/50 decision and no try is given. The bemusement is written all over Wardy's face. The game finishes 16-20.

The "try" you are talking about was Matty Wilkinson's and the hooker showed the referee that he had put the ball down on/over the line. Wilkinson was adament that he had scored and from where I was stood it looked a genuine claim.

Wardy had had a similar try allowed prior to this and the Bulls Fans went ballistic when the ref awarded it.  I wondered if that was the reason the ref didn't award the Wilkinson try.

I'm sure the fans influenced the ref but, when you are down, everyone wants a kick.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

14 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

At least swinton keep losing too...looks like it's gonna come down to the swinton & Rochdale games

Sadly I agree we (Swinton) like Oldham seem unable to win games so I see the second relegation place being filled by Oldham, Swinton or Rochdale - which for all our rivalries cannot be good.........:(

4 hours ago, J Dyson said:

I too had the misfortune to be sat directly in front of those morons. They are entitled to their opinion but they were abusive and very rude to scott and the stewards should have evicted them from the ground. There is no place for that its hard enough as it is for scott and the players. Luckily the two idiots removed themselves from the ground just after half time.  the future does not look rosy but the team played much better second half and if only they had taken their chances we could hv been feeling more hopeful today. 

What was the vile abuse you alledgely heard please tell on this group.  Calling people morons surley a moderator should interject and if you didn't like what your though u heard why didn't you complain, there where stewards a plenty  surely if any rules where broken they'd of been ejected  Basically you didn't like what they said  tough get over it and let's see at the end of the season.  

As a supporter who goes to every home game I find it an absolute farce that one of the stands behind the sticks was closed. We are fighting for our lives and Hamilton says we need our fans to get behind us with there superb vocal support. Good point Chris,but to not open one of the stands is a kick in the teeth for us loyal fans. That's why we are losing supporters week by week. I'm for one will not be treated like a joke anymore. Like the other 2000 missing fans I've had enough of the set up. I say fold the club,start again and let somebody proper run the club who cares about the fans!

Archived