EMBARRASSING

Blue Pike

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, haskey said:

Question. Should we keep Duffy or not ?

We've to give the bloke a fair crack of the whip, it must not be easy coming into a coaching situation as late on in the season as he did. But it's clear that there are areas he must work on and surely he knows that 

Im Fev and im proud

Its difficult to understand why sharp wasnt given till the end of the season and his contract before sacking him he got us here along with his squad whether there were issues with certain players etc is neither ere nor there 

Duffy became available and the club moved quick  that sort of appointment under those sort of circumstances is bound to have an effect ....some one cant come in and change things overnight its been badly managed for my money

this performance would not have been so hard to stomach if we at least showed the grit and pride we has supporters expect from our players 

I said in an earlier post appointing a guy whos team are bottom of the league with the quote (swinton) are the best attacking team in the competition was baffling..I guess now we are going to see how good a coach he really is because truth is we have made our bed and now we have to lie in it........

a penny for the thoughts of MC and Longo now 

To be fair he is a young coach who is learning his trade.Lets see how we stand threequarters through next season.What i can't fathom is how the players who defended reasonably well under Sharp,better than of late can forget their defensive structure.I still think we need a pack leader who can play at least 60min to organise on the field.Tim Spears is younger than some forwards under contract and he alway tackled his b-ll-cks off.

16 hours ago, Phil Loxton said:

Blue Pike I walked out of the ground twenty minutes before time. First time I've ever done that in fifty four years. They embarrassed the fans today. Something didn't add up with that effort.

I was sat at home with my feet up and there was still 15 mins left and I don't live in Fev

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

To be fair he is a young coach who is learning his trade.Lets see how we stand threequarters through next season.What i can't fathom is how the players who defended reasonably well under Sharp,better than of late can forget their defensive structure.I still think we need a pack leader who can play at least 60min to organise on the field.Tim Spears is younger than some forwards under contract and he alway tackled his b-ll-cks off.

any coach of any team in any sport needs a full pre-season, his own players and at least half a season before he is judged

Absolutely howling at some of the comments on here.....In all seriousness why are people surprised we were absolutely smashed by a SL side? We are a part time side with part time players who have to go to work on a Monday, dont give me the some players don't work garbage because they do, they are not afforded the luxuries SL players get in the sense of the physio and rehab facilities etc. So to go up against a side who admittedly have been awful this season and lose in the manner we did is of no surprise they have some very good players so don't forget it.

Slagging players like Misi off is shameful he's had some great games for us better than some others you could mention. The fact remains there is not an abundance of players to look at proven in the fact he has been offered another year, again admittedly  he is on the wrong side of 30 but he will not disgrace us. I wonder if some of the keyboard warriors would have the balls to speak to him face to face in the manner they are speaking about him on here.

Sick of hearing about the "I pay my entrance so I am entitled to an opininion garbage" get a reality check we are a part time side with players who have to get up and go to work today no doubt battered and bruised...looking at the result this coach Duffy doesn't seem to be getting much of a reaction does he?

As for changing the coach in the manner the club did wasn't great was it? Clearly something has gone on due to the rumour mill being in overdrive.

25 minutes ago, Vanderhagen said:

Absolutely howling at some of the comments on here.....In all seriousness why are people surprised we were absolutely smashed by a SL side? We are a part time side with part time players who have to go to work on a Monday, dont give me the some players don't work garbage because they do, they are not afforded the luxuries SL players get in the sense of the physio and rehab facilities etc. So to go up against a side who admittedly have been awful this season and lose in the manner we did is of no surprise they have some very good players so don't forget it.

Well said...but don't forget also some fans think WE ARE Super League material...and they call me delusional ?

1 hour ago, Vanderhagen said:

Slagging players like Misi off is shameful he's had some great games for us better than some others you could mention. The fact remains there is not an abundance of players to look at proven in the fact he has been offered another year, again admittedly  he is on the wrong side of 30 but he will not disgrace us. I wonder if some of the keyboard warriors would have the balls to speak to him face to face in the manner they are speaking about him on here.

Sick of hearing about the "I pay my entrance so I am entitled to an opininion garbage" get a reality check we are a part time side with players who have to get up and go to work today no doubt battered and bruised...looking at the result this coach Duffy doesn't seem to be getting much of a reaction does he?

As for changing the coach in the manner the club did wasn't great was it? Clearly something has gone on due to the rumour mill being in overdrive.

We are airing our views as is our democratic right to do so whether you like it or not. Incidentally we are voicing our concerns as we dont want to end up like your team Bradford Bulls ( presumably) in the s##t.

I enjoy democratic debate but its getting boring listening to " I pay my money so I can have my say" Say something constructive instead of attacking players who put it on the line for us.Or better still call the coach and get yourself down training.

Im no bulls fan as you can see by my image of Eddie Rombo (assuming you know who he is)

We will never be a SL side, pay respect to those who don the jersey.

As for walking out before the end of the game like thats going to achieve anything. I'll stand there and clap them off because they are the ones running into full time athletes.

20 minutes ago, Vanderhagen said:

I enjoy democratic debate but its getting boring listening to " I pay my money so I can have my say" Say something constructive instead of attacking players who put it on the line for us.Or better still call the coach and get yourself down training.

Im no bulls fan as you can see by my image of Eddie Rombo (assuming you know who he is)

As for walking out before the end of the game like thats going to achieve anything. I'll stand there and clap them off because they are the ones running into full time athletes.

Sorry about not recognising Eddie .Saw him score his best try at Widnes away.As for walking out early its like this.How much pain do you wish to endure cos that what it felt like to me .I have heard of many doing the same as me and walking out .It was like watching my wife get beat up and some have been watching the game longer than you and me so you have to respect their judgement. About people having work to do . I know one player who gets on the phone and sells insurance for a couple of hours a day.Thats not a job surely that knackers him up for the weekend is it ?.Dont want to sound old but in the seventies and early eighties they worked down the pit and did other grafting jobs and played with pride in their shirts .When alls said and done it doesnt bother me losing against a sl Team its the manner of the defeat that does me.

10 minutes ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

To put yesterday into a quick summary, there a quality side bigger stronger faster, but some of our defending was terrible on the fringes didnt get anywhere near them on a few occasions. But it will be a distant memory sunday when am at fax cheering the lads on again. #UTR.

That's just it.  I don't have a problem with us losing to Warrington - it was the manner of the defeat and the lack of commitment shown yesterday that I have a problem with.  Especially given what was potentially at stake.  Our defence just didn't move across quickly enough and it looked like it was 13 v 11 most of the time.  When they made breaks down the middle there were 2 or 3 men in support with our defence walking back in time for the conversion to be taken.  Yes Warrington looked really fast and slick at times but they would do with the time and space we gave them.  I honestly can't remember all the tries but I can think of at least 4 where I could have made a better attempt at tackling (seriously).  I just don't think we should ever be losing by that scoreline to anyone.

1 hour ago, Vanderhagen said:

As stated previously I walked out early for the first time in 54 years. Today I don't know whether I feel embarrassed for doing it or whether I feel more embarrassed for the players that made me do it. Believe me I've seen some ###### in those years and have been mightily out weighed by the glory. I attend regularly home and away and I don't want a blue Peter badge for doing it but any one who knows me personally will be just as shocked as I feel for myself. But yesterday right from the outset the players did not  intend putting up more than a token resistance. Putting your eggs in one basket expecting to win next week is robbing spectators of their hard earned brass for many of whom also go out to work. I didn't go expecting Fev to beat Warrington but I expected the players to make me feel proud.

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Sorry about not recognising Eddie .Saw him score his best try at Widnes away.As for walking out early its like this.How much pain do you wish to endure cos that what it felt like to me .I have heard of many doing the same as me and walking out .It was like watching my wife get beat up and some have been watching the game longer than you and me so you have to respect their judgement. About people having work to do . I know one player who gets on the phone and sells insurance for a couple of hours a day.Thats not a job surely that knackers him up for the weekend is it ?.Dont want to sound old but in the seventies and early eighties they worked down the pit and did other grafting jobs and played with pride in their shirts .When alls said and done it doesnt bother me losing against a sl Team its the manner of the defeat that does me.

Yeah but so did every other player, Warrington like Leeds last year shouldn't be in this position the middle 8's weren't designed for the Leeds and Warringtons to play in.

4 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Yeah but so did every other player, Warrington like Leeds last year shouldn't be in this position the middle 8's weren't designed for the Leeds and Warringtons to play in.

Don't understand what you mean Jacko but the previous two posts by Rob and Phil are absolutely spot on . Weve all had time to get over this one lets all move on and hope somehow we can beat Fax and get an extra 50K plus wipe the smug smile away from Oxy boys face .

1 minute ago, Blue Pike said:

Don't understand what you mean Jacko but the previous two posts by Rob and Phil are absolutely spot on . Weve all had time to get over this one lets all move on and hope somehow we can beat Fax and get an extra 50K plus wipe the smug smile away from Oxy boys face .

Working down pit.

Embarrassing has become something of a keyword at Fev over the last 10 years or so. No matter how well the side has been playing they've always had a performance like that in them, even when Daryl Powell was coach. In 2011 they were practically  unbeatable in the Championship yet Saints put 70 past them with no reply. The following season while they were beating Cas and running Wigan close they suffered embarrassing drubbings at home to Sheffield and Halifax. And the malaise has continued, no matter how well the team has been playing there's always been the odd game where they've rolled over and had their bellies tickled, and its not just against the best, who can forget the feeble surrender against Whitehaven a few weeks into Jon Sharp's tenure? It's happened under every coach so why call for Duffy's head, although he will be under pressure if the side don't do what they've always done in the past- Put it behind them and come back with a win in the next game. 

Right !!! 

Back in the day when Rovers players worked at physical jobs week after week they played against teams who's players also worked at physical jobs, so basically a level playing field. Yesterday we were up against a S.L. full time team who this morning will have a session with a masseur and a top notch medical team for knocks and bruises etc. Whilst most of our players will be at work whether its a physical job or not !! Then this afternoon they, as a team will be working on plays and tactics. Then the same tomorrow and the day after etc. And as somebody as already stated, week after week after week is not good for part timers. We don't get time to recover/train/work on plays and tactics together as a team 

Also, talking to one of Warringtons officals at full time he stated "this is the best we've played all year" the Warrington players have let the coach down all season we've played one man rugby and made no yardage at all. Tony Smith wants to go out on a high on his last two games and is fielding his strongest side to prove a point. Yes it was a bit embarrassing. But Hey !!! not unexpected,

And so to next weeks game, have Halifax  played a clever game saving themselves and hoping we've burnt ourselves out against a team who have under performed all year only to come good in the qualifiers.  We will have to wait and see !!

The players looked tired and beaten before kick off. The effort was poor and it was embarrassing (had loads of stick at work today). To be fair though Warrington had 6 England players on the pitch at one point if I weren't mistaken. 

Currie, Ratchford, Hill, Cooper, Clarke and Brown. No wonder they put 68 past us! 

I do believe there is a bad vibe around post office road at the moment though.

Just watched JD,s post match interview and he himself looks completely embarrassed and makes no excuses for the players performance. I like how he comes across honestly and I feel for him.As said before me we will judge him not now but after a good pre season and three quarters through the season.He has inherited this Team and he needs to be given a chance and our .support throughout the season.Its crazy for murmurs for his head.Good luck to him for next week and the 2018 season.I would guess he knows our weaknesses now but he now has the dilemma of finding good players to fit into those roles from where is a nightmare.

Archived