Saturdays Grand Final

Blue Pike

13 hours ago, Squidward said:

I don't understand how a true Fev fan can hope for a Cas win in just about any circumstance, let alone a Grand Final. After the Fev result my next thought is to find out what Cas have done, hoping they've lost. I've  grown up watching Fev since the mid 70's so for the first 20 years (until Super League) Cas have been proper local rivals and the rivalry is ingrained in my consciousness. Is it possibly a generation thing with many of those pulling for Cas being supporters who started watching Fev post Super League?  Can't say I'm proud of wanting Cas to lose no matter who they're playing or for what but I think I'd rather be this way than not. I think it makes me more passionately loyal to Fev! Come on Rhinos 

What’s your definition of a “ true Fev fan” ??

ive watched Fev since I was taken in my pram over 60 years ago, I follow them both Home and away and rarely miss a match unless I’m on holiday, I’ve spent thousands of pounds following my beloved Fev around this country and in France, I buy the merchandise and also kit sponsor, so all in all I consider myself a “true fan” I’ve been to loads of derby matches with Cas pre super league and witnessed some cracking games. I’m not particularly fond of them, as I’m not fond of Leeds either, I think some people are frightened of Cas winning due to the bragging rights etc. I won’t be gutted if they lose either, I’d rather channel my energy into something more positive like supporting rovers foundation that in turn helps people in the wider community 

Im Fev and im proud

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want leeds to win cos i like them and they are pretty much my second team.

Don't have anything against cas really....i just hope leeds win.

I place little value in winning the league now cos it's not a proper league.......the top sides treat it as a qualifying exercise.

Cas finished top cos they took every league game week in week out more seriously than anyone else.

I think they will win tomorrow though unless Leeds are far more direct than they usually are.......saints showed them how to beat cas..... they just had a terrible goal kicker.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Been a Fev supporter since 1939, during my working life I had to work in Leeds for quite a while. The attitude of the Leeds supporters was much the same as the attitude described about the Cas ones. You get it wherever you go. Had aggro in Hull in the past etc. Let's look at the situation without emotion. The exploits of the Castleford team this season have been superb. To win the final would be a good reward for their efforts. Our attitude then is a superior one of non aggression but polite applause. End of story. New season coming. UTR.

Question, to put it into perspective. If the Premier League said to Chelsea, no, you didn't win it last season, you now have to go into a play off, with teams finishing miles behind you. What do you think the reaction would be?

19 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Hated Cas since supporting Rovers nearly 40 years ago, therefore I don’t care that they’ve been the best team or that they are coached by Powell, I just want them to lose. And I’d expect any proper Fev fans to feel the same.

Guess I’m not a proper Fev fan either 

Im Fev and im proud

To clarify. I didn't say or mean "a true Fev fan can't want Cas to win" I said I couldn't understand how they could feel that way. Maureen's potted Fev history unquestionably makes her a true Fev fan no matter what her thoughts are about Cas and that will apply to many other true Fev fans who have her point of view. Like Monkey he "expects" a true Fev fan to share my viewpoint but I doubt he would argue against some of the fans who post on here, as above, that they are not true Fev fans simply because they have a different take on Cas results. The main thing is we all share a common bond, that being the support of Fev.

I'm really surprised that so many people seem to want Cas to win.  I've no problem that everyone has a right to their own opinion but it's as if wanting them to win is the right thing to do and taking the high ground.  I don't think we should be ashamed of our rivalry or be made to feel like we're just being narrow minded.  I think it's a healthy thing.  Rivalries in football are as strong as ever - whether it's the Liverpool or North London derby or whatever.

Any team that has performed as Cas have this season deserves praise. It is nothing to do with being a true Fev supporter. I have followed Fev through thick and thin for many seasons and am just looking at the situation from a logical point of view. They have done extremely well  and that is how  I see it. If Leeds had accomplished the same feats then I would have said that they deserved  it. The situation has nothing to do with being a true Fev fan. Having watched them from being a five year old and am now 83 I think I can claim to being a true Fev supporter. I have raised money for them, been and still am a volunteer and have served on the board. I also help lay the first terracing and gave a hand with the first floodlights. Sleepers from Acton Hall Colliery for terracing and floodlights from Hunslet .  To admire another teams performance does not undermine my loyalty to Featherstone Rovers. 

55 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I’m not backing down, I still can’t understand why any Fev fan would want Cas to win. Wanting Cas to win tomorrow?, why?.

I’ve 2 of my Grandsons who unfortunately for me support Cas, so I’d like them to witness them winning something like I’ve done in my years of following Fev. That’s my reasons why, although I don’t see why I should have to justify myself 

Im Fev and im proud

There is no denying that some people on here are true fans and have gone above that with their undoubtable loyalty BUT on this topic of hating our rivals just look at the bigger picture; Saints, Wigan ,Hull,Hull KR then move on to a set of fans where hatred due to rivalry is bigger than any Celtic ,Rangers .My mate was a Celtic fan and told me many tales about the rivalry.My favourite one is when he was at a petrol station near Glasgow whilst off to the old firm game and the garage was attendant service and when a young lad came out to fill his car up he noticed my mates Celtic scalf near his car window and quickly shouted to his Dad “There HERE DAD “ and all of a sudden his Dad came running out with a baseball bat to attack him and my mate drove away with burnt rubber.To have a rivalry is natural in Sport and the Hatred does add to it over time.I ,like Monkey and others HATE Cas with a passion and I know my deceased father and Grandfather would turn in their graves if I didn’t.

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

There is no denying that some people on here are true fans and have gone above that with their undoubtable loyalty BUT on this topic of hating our rivals just look at the bigger picture; Saints, Wigan ,Hull,Hull KR then move on to a set of fans where hatred due to rivalry is bigger than any Celtic ,Rangers .My mate was a Celtic fan and told me many tales about the rivalry.My favourite one is when he was at a petrol station near Glasgow whilst off to the old firm game and the garage was attendant service and when a young lad came out to fill his car up he noticed my mates Celtic scalf near his car window and quickly shouted to his Dad “There HERE DAD “ and all of a sudden his Dad came running out with a baseball bat to attack him and my mate drove away with burnt rubber.To have a rivalry is natural in Sport and the Hatred does add to it over time.I ,like Monkey and others HATE Cas with a passion and I know my deceased father and Grandfather would turn in their graves if I didn’t.

My Dad will be turning in his grave knowing that Two of his Great Grandsons have turned out to be Cas fans. But their Dad and his family are Cas fans, but my Granddaughter (their Sister is a Fev fan) and we have some right banter. I’ve made  some lovely friends who support a variety of clubs during my time as a Fev fan, I’ve even had them to my house for tea (HKR fans) we’ve met up at games and had some banter. Like I’ve said on numerous occasions I don’t particularly like Cas, if they win they win, if they lose they lose, I for one won’t be losing any sleep over it, and the same goes for Leeds, Some people get to embroiled in it till it tantamounts to an obsession. There’s more to life than hating Cas!! 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

My Dad will be turning in his grave knowing that Two of his Great Grandsons have turned out to be Cas fans. But their Dad and his family are Cas fans, but my Granddaughter (their Sister is a Fev fan) and we have some right banter. I’ve made  some lovely friends who support a variety of clubs during my time as a Fev fan, I’ve even had them to my house for tea (HKR fans) we’ve met up at games and had some banter. Like I’ve said on numerous occasions I don’t particularly like Cas, if they win they win, if they lose they lose, I for one won’t be losing any sleep over it, and the same goes for Leeds, Some people get to embroiled in it till it tantamounts to an obsession. There’s more to life than hating Cas!! 

My daughter married a Cas lad, I suppose you could call it a mixed marriage. You couldn't really call his family Cas supporters though, but when my grandson Joe was only a toddler his other granddad gave him a Cas Tigers baseball cap that he'd had given. As soon as I heard about it I took him down to the Fev club shop to buy him a shirt and as many other souveniers as I could afford. The following week I took him to his first ever game, earlier than I had planned as I thought he was too young at the time, but he's been coming ever since. He lived in Nottingham at the time, then moved to Kippax to go to school with Cas and Leeds fans and took some proper ribbing cos Fev were in League 2 at the time. Then he moved to the Halifax area where he went to school and played for Greetland All Rounders amongst ardent Fax fans at a time when there was real hatred between the two sets of supporters. He remained loyal to Fev throughout however and comes along to assist Jo on the RoversTV commentary whenever other student or journalistic commitments allow him. He doesn't hate Cas either, there are bigger problems within the game and a Cas victory would be a slap in the face for Big Nige and his cronies.

7 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

There certainly is Maureen it's not like it used to be we played them, the thing I don't like is the fans who don't go they do the most shouting! 

Since they started winning games and looked like going places I have never seen as many people getting on the bandwagon wearing Cas tracksuit tops when they haven’t bothered supporting them before. God knows how many supporters they would have if they were in our division for the last nine years.

Ho!, come on lads and lasses. If every team played the style of footie that Cas play, the game would not be in the state it is in now. My wife and I have supported fev for many years, my grandson played for the academy, but I can still appreciate and enjoy the fast flowing, off the cuff rugby being dished out by Cas. It is a joy to watch no matter how hardened a Fev supporter you may be. Credit where credit is due.

enjoyed game today until the last couple of minutes (when they scored ) ,i think i may have something wrong with me because them losing today  nearly made me feel as happy as when fev win and believe me im really happy when fev win 

Archived