Ike southward trophy

havenhater

38 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Should be Boxing Day 

Yeah lets spoils the players Christmas aswell as their summer. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, westizbest said:

Oh do say sorry to all the players down the years who have had to curb their drinking Christmas Day in order to do their job they're paid to do ???

Ok will do... thing is this isn't their job is it,this is on top of their job and i think they deserve Christmas off 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

15 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Would be a pretty low quality game if played boxing day given the players would have only just started back for pre season.

pre season games will have to begin a week after in january for teams wanting 3 or 4 fixtures as the season starts in Feb , many clubs have started pre season this weekend Ive noticed on twitter 

3 hours ago, westizbest said:

Oh do say sorry to all the players down the years who have had to curb their drinking Christmas Day in order to do their job they're paid to do ???

Do you really want to travel to the wreck on boxing day when there will be limited public transport? Not for me marra. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

9 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Well they seem to have done a good job of booking holidays through the season in the past few years ??

who has ? who are "they " ?  one during super 8's maybe by not working out end of season properly and maybe a wedding planned etc , who are " they " who has been on holiday in season recently ?

6 hours ago, westizbest said:

Well they seem to have done a good job of booking holidays through the season in the past few years ??

Bit of a pattern emerging here--- we get rid of one irritating poser and his clone pops up. Cue the response " Oh here he is " from the Siamese twins, with a possible reference to Homer Simpson and the rest is elementary Watson?

1 hour ago, wonky said:

What’s the chances of a game being played Boxing Day anyhow, pitch will be either frozen or with it being at the Rec probably water logged. 

Yes those were the problems with the pre Summer rugby league era....and the' Ike trophy' can't obviously be a Boxing Day event with regard to the current format.

But ..as a long in the tooth Townie..I did indeed enjoy the olden days Boxing Day fare...made sure the kids had a good Christmas day, while always keenly looking forward to the next day and a RL match. Even more excited if it was versus Haven.

One match forever etched in my memory was a 20-14 win v Whitehaven at DP on 26/12/1987...this win took us to top of the table...I went home and downed a few Babychams after that..I loved a Babycham...the attendance of 2455 was about 2000 up on Towns' average gate for that season. Sadly while winning the next two games Town then slid down the table losing 10 of the next 13 matches...oh dear...

Archived