RLWC Final may struggle to sell out.

Scubby

52 minutes ago, DiH68 said:

I’m a bit ###### off as I bought my ticket in the cheapest category a few weeks ago and the best they could give me was near the back in the very top tier near the corner behind the sticks. Now there are the same category available in the next tier down and more central. It’s probably happened to a lot of people, which is quite annoying 

The RFL do it all the time Di. Is it common practise when selling out a large venue or is it just a RL thing?

rldfsignature.jpg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

The RFL do it all the time Di. Is it common practise when selling out a large venue or is it just a RL thing?

Its a slightly different thing that theg are doing in Oz. Thet have been putting seats on and off sale to manage where they fill. They have howevet done it very poorly and in the semi had full sections up high and empty sections down low.

A big difference is that they have been changing prices for same blocks, making premium blocks the same or lower than others they have sold.

The RFL do at least focus on lower tiers first, this WC is a whole new level of incompetence around ticket sales!

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Its a slightly different thing that theg are doing in Oz. Thet have been putting seats on and off sale to manage where they fill. They have howevet done it very poorly and in the semi had full sections up high and empty sections down low.

A big difference is that they have been changing prices for same blocks, making premium blocks the same or lower than others they have sold.

The RFL do at least focus on lower tiers first, this WC is a whole new level of incompetence around ticket sales!

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the crowd hoping to creep over 40k. I really hope we don't see 15k of those in the cheap seats in the gods (like the semi) or it will look very disappointing.

12 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the crowd hoping to creep over 40k. I really hope we don't see 15k of those in the cheap seats in the gods (like the semi) or it will look very disappointing.

Yup, if we have over 10k empty seats I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that these jokers have sold upper tier before lower.

Anfield for the 4N was a perfect example of how this kind of crowd should look in a ground, even if the RFL did micro-manage the ticket sales too much.

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yup, if we have over 10k empty seats I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that these jokers have sold upper tier before lower.

Anfield for the 4N was a perfect example of how this kind of crowd should look in a ground, even if the RFL did micro-manage the ticket sales too much.

I find it unbelievably dispiriting  that it's a world cup final in Australia and we are having this kind of conversation. This should be the biggest ticket in Australian sport. What a culture we have.

13 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

It depends who the "we". The English 2013 team would have sold twice as many tickets. It isn't cultural and it doesn't reflect a lack of demand, it reflects incompetence among the NRL administrators and short sightedness from the NRL hierarchy. 

It is the clearest example of incompetence as the 2008 Final had sold out before we even knew who was in the final at the same ground. 

The two directly comparable games from 2008 (Oz v Eng in Melbourne) and the WC Final in Brisbane have shown dramatic drops (expected for tomorrow).

57 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Apparently only 44,000 get put on general sale. The rest is corporate.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, Dave T said:

It is the clearest example of incompetence as the 2008 Final had sold out before we even knew who was in the final at the same ground. 

The two directly comparable games from 2008 (Oz v Eng in Melbourne) and the WC Final in Brisbane have shown dramatic drops (expected for tomorrow).

Lets be honest, the FIFA world Cup final is sold out before the event even starts.

In the one part of the world where RL gets top billing in their flagship event where the host nation is fairly well guaranteed to be in the final from the start where the locals are sports oriented and the weather is likely to be good it should not be particularly tricky to sell the tickets. I can only presume incompetence, apathy or deliberate actions to reduce the importance of the RLWC to preserve the sanctity of Origin as the pinnacle of Rugby League.

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Apparently only 44,000 get put on general sale. The rest is corporate.

I'd be interested to see an official quote of that dp - if we have sold 40k of 44k I'd expect a notice of almost sold out get your tickets quick - that isn't happening though.

The alternative is that the 40k sales includes the 6-8k corporate (if that is the accurate number).

Just now, Dave T said:

I'd be interested to see an official quote of that dp - if we have sold 40k of 44k I'd expect a notice of almost sold out get your tickets quick - that isn't happening though.

The alternative is that the 40k sales includes the 6-8k corporate (if that is the accurate number).

Just going by what the Aussie posters on LU are saying Dave, one of whom is Yakstorm who is usually very reliable.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, deluded pom? said:

Just going by what the Aussie posters on LU are saying Dave, one of whom is Yakstorm who is usually very reliable.

yeah i've seen that thread too, 8k corporate seems pretty high though. It would be similar to the Club Wembley section proportionally - and I'm not sure that is the case.

EDIT: Just looking at the Suncrop website it suggests that there are:

44.3k general seats.

5k members seats (I wouldn't expect members get automatic admission to the RLWC final - but they may be on a different pax system).

1500 corporate seats and 900 box seats.

So in reality it is around 2.5k true 'corporate' seats. It'll be interesting to know whether memberships included the RLWC for 2017 - it does include Origin.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

yeah i've seen that thread too, 8k corporate seems pretty high though. It would be similar to the Club Wembley section proportionally - and I'm not sure that is the case.

EDIT: Just looking at the Suncrop website it suggests that there are:

44.3k general seats.

5k members seats (I wouldn't expect members get automatic admission to the RLWC final - but they may be on a different pax system).

1500 corporate seats and 900 box seats.

So in reality it is around 2.5k true 'corporate' seats. It'll be interesting to know whether memberships included the RLWC for 2017 - it does include Origin.

It does not include RLWC, but does include first offer of purchase.

which passed months ago, I should add.

3 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

It does not include RLWC, but does include first offer of purchase.

which passed months ago, I should add.

So i would assume the quotes of hopes of pushing 40k will include those sold?

Cheers.

46 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Maybe that's the issue though. Because the final sold out in 2008 and they got more then 30,000 to Eng v Oz they just assumed it would happen again and did nothing to promote these events. 

It might be a lesson for 2021 that we can't take an Old Trafford final sell for granted and need to push all the way. 

One thing that really annoys with both the Sky,'BBC and Oz RLWC promotion is the use of faceless automata to portray our players. I can't think of another sport (not that I follow many) which would not market their games around the human beings taking part. Sky instead use robots or a woman in a launderette. How can we expect our players to be recognised if we never put them out there? 

Channel 7 have treated this world cup with a great deal of respect and seem to have been rewarded with very healthy viewing numbers. Almost like there is a relationship between the two things ?

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Archived