Elite 1 follow-up

Hvy wg

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short of numbers, they finished the qualifiers first in their group which included carcassonne and Toulouse 2, then their better players moved up to the first team, they've a great coach in Daniel wagon but short of players they beat baho with 40 points last week and baho beat my team and ran the Catalans close in the qualifiers, but we beat limoux 42 12 two weeks ago, 

Yes he only did one season he came back and played up until last year, we both played a final for villeneuve minervois and then both went into coaching, he was asked to play for limoux on Sunday along with Tyrone pau and Michael Murcia but he said no! He could probably still do a job! 

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

New changing rooms and stand to watch the game, it should have started last year and be finished for the begining of the season but there was a problem with the tendering process and had to be resent out for tender, it should be ready for next season! I'm happy I've got the plumbing job! 

image.png

Looks impressive!

The stand above the new changing rooms?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Didn't go had a birthday thing to attend. Is Costelloe the Australian lad? Whats your take on VM this year.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

Yes he's in the elite team of the week, Villeneuve minervois are struggling due to injuries and the crisis at carcassonne, so they've moved up to.elite 2 with a team of young ex juniors and older players from the original team, carcassonne was supposed to send squad players every week but as the players weren't being paid this couldn't be imposed, I've only seen one or two games and they struggled a little in both, next year will be alot better I reckon if Carcassonne get through their problems and the new changing rooms 

One of the results of the season last night with little Palau turning over Albi up in the Tarn (22-28). Marginet and Miloudi recent arrivals has lift them but Olivier Elima as coach earning some plaudits. Disappointing that a couple of games are not holding up - David Ellis group-up at Villeneuve sur Lot crushed by the Baby Dracs (70-4) in Perpignan while as I tap away TO reserves struggling at competition leaders Lezignan (68-16 FT). Elima continues the line of former Dragons players becoming coaches - Fakir, Guigue, Bosc and Cologni also.

Limoux-St Gaudens read FCL( 58-6) without doubt best offering locally was up at Villegailhencc (Elite 2) v comps front runner Villefranche. The vistors led by the hosts  by two scores with less than 5 mins to go saw the last years Champions storm home with a late penalty (22-24) displaying their creditionals.

Interim results after first part of Round 5:

Huncho Kallum has taken the lead with 25 points (followed by Magic XIII with 23 points and Gerrumonside Ref and Yorkie 44 with 22 points)

Right now, the best score for round 5 is 5 points, 5 people got that score. but the round is not over...

5a9c3f9295328_Round5summup.png.cb7c77ee8d15bdb3adebfa9b24854569.png5a9c3f8eb74f6_Ranking20180304.png.06e8ce41cffb42bb75de96ec946e99fc.png

5 hours ago, audois said:

One of the results of the season last night with little Palau turning over Albi up in the Tarn (22-28). Marginet and Miloudi recent arrivals has lift them but Olivier Elima as coach earning some plaudits. Disappointing that a couple of games are not holding up - David Ellis group-up at Villeneuve sur Lot crushed by the Baby Dracs (70-4) in Perpignan while as I tap away TO reserves struggling at competition leaders Lezignan (68-16 FT). Elima continues the line of former Dragons players becoming coaches - Fakir, Guigue, Bosc and Cologni also.

Limoux-St Gaudens read FCL( 58-6) without doubt best offering locally was up at Villegailhencc (Elite 2) v comps front runner Villefranche. The vistors led by the hosts  by two scores with less than 5 mins to go saw the last years Champions storm home with a late penalty (22-24) displaying their creditionals.

TO Broncos were 40-0 down after 34 minutes, not sure what happened there as they've been competitive. As for St Esteve, I reckon there's a chance they would beat the Dragons SL team at the moment.

20 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

TO Broncos were 40-0 down after 34 minutes, not sure what happened there as they've been competitive. As for St Esteve, I reckon there's a chance they would beat the Dragons SL team at the moment.

Been a bit bizarre when in R1 Villeneuve sur Lot beat St Esteve (now 2nd) and Lezignan (1st) now  lost at Toulouse. Avignon who are likely to join the top 4 with a game in hand lost at St Gaudens just the other week too. I still like to feel its better than last year. Villefranche  head Elite 2 gave Lezignan a fright in the Cup game the other week and the Catalans of Baho are chasing the Aveyron side all the way as they did last year. Both these second tier out-fits have sound bases with either U19s or reserves as well as schools of rugby.

I think injuries are taking their toll in the lower teams like Villeneuve and toulouse,when they beat these teams at the beginning of the year they had full teams out and the foreigners hadn't arrived for the better teams. 

15 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I think injuries are taking their toll in the lower teams like Villeneuve and toulouse,when they beat these teams at the beginning of the year they had full teams out and the foreigners hadn't arrived for the better teams. 

Also the fact that St Esteve now have 5 or 6 Catalans SL squad members playing for them each week. Thibault Margalet was on the bench for them against Villeneuve FFS, really don't see the point other than to massage Guasch's ego.

On 28/02/2018 at 7:51 PM, barnyia said:

Yes he's in the elite team of the week, Villeneuve minervois are struggling due to injuries and the crisis at carcassonne, so they've moved up to.elite 2 with a team of young ex juniors and older players from the original team, carcassonne was supposed to send squad players every week but as the players weren't being paid this couldn't be imposed, I've only seen one or two games and they struggled a little in both, next year will be alot better I reckon if Carcassonne get through their problems and the new changing rooms 

The new stand etc looks impressive and  sends out great vibes for local RL. Good to see VM travelling to Trèbes which is more of a XV hotbed with UST (XV) regional champions a few years back. Idyllic surroundings at the l'Aiguille (like Limoux !) with it's unique position close to the Canal de Midi. What kind of crowds have been turning up ?

17 hours ago, audois said:

Avignon who are likely to join the top 4 with a game in hand lost at St Gaudens just the other week too.

Four hours (or more) on the bus probably isn't ideal preparation for a game. Similar to L1 here - home advantage counts for a bit when you have long distances to travel?

Toulon have a minimum of a 3 and half hour drive and maximum 7 hours one way for all away games except for when they play Avignon, we play them in 2 or 3 weeks time at our place. I think we (lezignan ) are the closest team to them after Avignon and it took us a good 3 to 4 hours bus ride one way! 

They beat limoux convincingly in the cup a couple of weeks ago, half of their team was selected for a friendly international against Italy, it was a mixture of the teams in the east of France v italy, their game was called off last weekend at limoux as I think limoux where short of players, 

Archived