Wood Leaves post as Super League Chief

Chanter

SL board, not RFL. Thankfully our leaders have a greater ability to pay attention to detail than their critics on here.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Will be intrigued to see how Wood comes out of the large legal action in progress against the RFL by over 40 Staff employed by Bulls 3.0? Unless we never get to hear because they settle OOC?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

7 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Will be intrigued to see how Wood comes out of the large legal action in progress against the RFL by over 40 Staff employed by Bulls 3.0? Unless we never get to hear because they settle OOC?

If I understand correctly the action is against the organisation rather than any individuals so I expect that he would be unharmed whatever the outcome.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

He may come out of it as former CEO of the RFL and new CEO of the separate RLIF. Most likely well before any events unfold.

16 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

If I understand correctly the action is against the organisation rather than any individuals so I expect that he would be unharmed whatever the outcome.

Indeed - financially.  I meant reputationally, obviously, since we must assume he correctly complied with his fiduciary responsibilities.  Although, on a personal basis, the latter can of course result indirectly in the former, as numerous ex-CEOs can testify.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

23 minutes ago, Scubby said:

He may come out of it as former CEO of the RFL and new CEO of the separate RLIF. Most likely well before any events unfold.

The tribunal hearing is set for next month, so I guess we should get some indication of the outcome fairly soon?

I see various folk on here, not so long ago, were commenting on (as far as I can see, unsubstantiated) rumours about Wood buying/buying into the Bulls?  That would not be something he could do as CEO of the RFL, obviously. Perhaps we will see those rumours finally laid to rest, if he stands down from the RFL and no such development eventuates.

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

There may be a slight misunderstanding here. All so-called rumours posted on here are in fact facts.: FACT. ?

John you have clock up 13 years as a member of this forum.

Forum: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

I am sure I have read that this issue has been settled out of court.The statement by the Solicitor acting on their behalf,was that Cramer made a statement of thanks to the last Administrators thanking them for their response to the situation and that the proceedings were now closed and the Financial outcome would remain confidential.Anybody else read this statement in the Press?

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

John you have clock up 13 years as a member of this forum.

Forum: a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Indeed, ideas, views, whether built on foundations of rock or sand, or as a house of cards. .....of which tbere are many. 

Telegraph and Argus 8th December,

" A settlement has been reached between a group of Bulls players and staff and the liquidated Co. that previously ran the club. A confidential agreement has been drawn up between Lawyers representing claimants and the liquidators of Bradford Bulls Northern Ltd..The settlement was reached after a meeting in October. Richard Cramer thanked the previous administrators for their co operation in reaching a succesful conclusion.The claimants are pleased with the outcome,"

49 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Indeed, ideas, views, whether built on foundations of rock or sand, or as a house of cards. .....of which tbere are many. 

If we just discussed cold hard facts most of us wouldn't be here - we would actually be doing some work! You are talking about a sport that does cloak and dagger like no other. 

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

I am sure I have read that this issue has been settled out of court.The statement by the Solicitor acting on their behalf,was that Cramer made a statement of thanks to the last Administrators thanking them for their response to the situation and that the proceedings were now closed and the Financial outcome would remain confidential.Anybody else read this statement in the Press?

Only with the liquidators of the previous clubs. The RFL and the current club weren't involved in this agreement, as far as I understand.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

If we just discussed cold hard facts most of us wouldn't be here - we would actually be doing some work! You are talking about a sport that does cloak and dagger like no other. 

We flatter ourselves if we believe that. As in many other things our sport is amateurish at cloak and dagger compared with so many others.

I may be wrong Johnny but I thought the problem was with the previous liquidated club.Surely the argument was that the liquidated club were the ones that owed them redundancy payments etc.The way it reads to me is that the complainants are now satisfied with the outcome and therefore have no further claim to pursue.The statement clearly says that the claim has been settled out of court and will remain confidential.However,I am no legal expert and could be completely wrong.

Archived