Vince McMahon looking to invest in pro sports, files interesting trademark

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

The reality is that many people in the US and Canada have already given up watching/following football..its factual.

Do you have evidence to back this up? And if so, was giving up due to political or entertainment reasons?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jace said:

Do you have evidence to back this up? And if so, was giving up due to political or entertainment reasons?

Yup...I'm not watching anymore (you gotta take my word on it); for entertainment reasons only (you gotta take my word on it).

The real reason for many is probably that our Cheerleaders are a lot better looking than those skanks from Dallas!

WP_Toronto_6_May_2017-108.jpg

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Yup...I'm not watching anymore (you gotta take my word on it); for entertainment reasons only (you gotta take my word on it).

The real reason for many is probably that our Cheerleaders are a lot better looking than those skanks from Dallas!

They are a nice sight for sore eyes.

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The Rhinos cheerleaders are better ?

On 12/23/2017 at 4:04 PM, Kayakman said:

The nature of sport is changing (just like everything else), it is fluid.  I know the protests are part of the NFL decline but none was a bigger fan than me (Bills), but I've just lost interest in it, and I suspect many others have also.  For me it was the constant delays, timeouts, advertisements...overall the entire culture of the game and NFL itself.

I've been trying to express this to many posters on the forum but they just don't get it, believe me, or both.  Plus many have this sort of disbelief, that after many years of predicting growth for their sport, that it might actually happen.  They have had some prominent let downs in the past so this has really dampened the optimism of many.  They need a jolt, they need a push,they need to see progress on the dream to see it realized.

But this IS the time...NA IS the place...its all ready to go...now some of them balk, its hard to believe, because some don't really believe in it themselves.  So North Americans have to show them now, we will lead the way, but we need their help for the initial breakthrough.  Toronto Wolfpack have started the push but we need others to maintain the momentum.

The English Rugby League product is a true winner...and many over there don't even know it!  Others know it but they don't  know what to do about it...you gotta believe Man...you start by believing!

LONG LIVE LEAGUE!

I really didn’t read this post until now.  Dude.  You are spot on!  I couldn’t have said it any better.  Yeah. Rugby League entered my life at the perfect time.  Summer of 2015.  I love League and like Union.  The watched the RWC15 in England. I love the USA Eagles and support them as well as Hawks.  There’s never question of which code was better.  I just loved the speed and simplicity of League.  

On the NFL.  No one knows what will be the end result.  I think some of the players have turned off a lot of fans.  For me it’s the timeouts,  the dumb dumb dumb TD celebrations.  I watched them do a potato sack race (KC) and duck duck goose (Minn).  That’s why I love Rugby League.  After hitting each other they jump back up and keep playing. They aren’t talking $hit after each play.  They don’t rip the gold chains (Aqib Talib) off the sameness opponent twice.  

Rugby league will be a hit here   People at ready for it   Plus, MLS doesn’t have promotion or relegation.  So Americans can now witness that  

Merry Christmas.  

4 hours ago, The Manc Yank said:

I really didn’t read this post until now.  Dude.  You are spot on!  I couldn’t have said it any better.  Yeah. Rugby League entered my life at the perfect time.  Summer of 2015.  I love League and like Union.  The watched the RWC15 in England. I love the USA Eagles and support them as well as Hawks.  There’s never question of which code was better.  I just loved the speed and simplicity of League.  

On the NFL.  No one knows what will be the end result.  I think some of the players have turned off a lot of fans.  For me it’s the timeouts,  the dumb dumb dumb TD celebrations.  I watched them do a potato sack race (KC) and duck duck goose (Minn).  That’s why I love Rugby League.  After hitting each other they jump back up and keep playing. They aren’t talking $hit after each play.  They don’t rip the gold chains (Aqib Talib) off the sameness opponent twice.  

Rugby league will be a hit here   People at ready for it   Plus, MLS doesn’t have promotion or relegation.  So Americans can now witness that  

Merry Christmas.  

Happy New Year Man!

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, BD20Cougar said:

McMahon failed with the XFL first time around, and also with his movie-making empire. He's been really successful with one thing (pro wrestling), but it seems he can't be satisfied with that.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, winnyason said:

It’s won’t work. Nfl too ingrained in America sport it simply be a feeder comp or lower tier nfl. 

Yep, no USP here apart from a strange and self-contradictory claim that the league won't be "political" and that players won't kneel for the national anthem, which has got the all the alt-right members and Trump propaganda bots on twitter excited at least.

6 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Yep, no USP here apart from a strange and self-contradictory claim that the league won't be "political" and that players won't kneel for the national anthem, which has got the all the alt-right members and Trump propaganda bots on twitter excited at least.

There was something about the playing of the national anthems at Lamport on some old thread...that it wasn't done before every game in England...is that true?  Hey, does anyone know if that is true?

7 hours ago, winnyason said:

It’s won’t work. Nfl too ingrained in America sport it simply be a feeder comp or lower tier nfl. 

The one thing he seems to have learnt from the original XFL is timing. Having it after the NFL season but before March Madness does mean there's an outside chance it will get an audience.

I mean, I suspect it will still fail massively but that's the thing that gives it any kind of shot.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

There was something about the playing of the national anthems at Lamport on some old thread...that it wasn't done before every game in England...is that true?  Hey, does anyone know if that is true?

You only get anthems before finals and internationals - or imported sports like ice hockey do it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Unfortunately thats wont get stadiums filled. I mean who starts a rebel gridiron league to try and rival nfl. Nfl bar epl largest sports attendance league in world. Just because there some players kneeling wont stop fact these days nfl is america game. Mcmahon got no cred bar running a good pro wrestling group which had monopolized american wrestling market and watered down its original popular form. The raw 25 years event shows with likes of austin, dx among others he rolled over to sponsors.

How this affects rugby league expansion in usa i dont know. Imo the country calling out for another major sport league to nfl, hockey, baseball, basketball and collage sports. What he doing is simply confusing fans with an rebel league.

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The one thing he seems to have learnt from the original XFL is timing. Having it after the NFL season but before March Madness does mean there's an outside chance it will get an audience.

I mean, I suspect it will still fail massively but that's the thing that gives it any kind of shot.

Yeah but unless he works with nfl and not against it waste of time. For that matter nfl got no 2nd tier unlike say superleague or nrl so if they used xfl as feederay work but doubt it

2 minutes ago, winnyason said:

Yeah but unless he works with nfl and not against it waste of time. For that matter nfl got no 2nd tier unlike say superleague or nrl so if they used xfl as feederay work but doubt it

Absolutely agreed. There's a more than decent argument that a minor league for the NFL would be a good thing, and the obvious time to play it would be a short while after the college season before the summer. However, XFL obviously has no interest in being a minor league and the NFL enjoys taking kids who've been toughened up for free by the college system.

I worry about the safety of players in a league where the game is 'simplified' and faster. I know it can drag watching it but those injuries and hits are real and frequent. They will be worse in one with subtleties like targeting taken out and rest removed.

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Absolutely agreed. There's a more than decent argument that a minor league for the NFL would be a good thing, and the obvious time to play it would be a short while after the college season before the summer. However, XFL obviously has no interest in being a minor league and the NFL enjoys taking kids who've been toughened up for free by the college system.

I worry about the safety of players in a league where the game is 'simplified' and faster. I know it can drag watching it but those injuries and hits are real and frequent. They will be worse in one with subtleties like targeting taken out and rest removed.

The quicker moore sports, these mooted usa rfl franchises and major league rugby get started the better. 

On mcmahon his wrestling product needs competition itself total garbage these days 

On 26/01/2018 at 10:59 AM, Kayakman said:

I went to a baseball game in Australia the other day and got quite a shock when they played the national anthem. At least they only played the first verse. I don’t know the second verse.

We never play the anthem at club rugby league games. Only international games.

On 1/27/2018 at 12:08 AM, winnyason said:

Imo the country calling out for another major sport league to nfl, hockey, baseball, basketball and collage sports. What he doing is simply confusing fans with an rebel league.

Is it really though or is that what you want to believe? All sports you mentioned are ingrained in American culture and have a long history in the country. Is there a likelihood of you following a sport which you haven't seen before because they're playing in a league in your city? I doubt it

18 minutes ago, Jace said:

Is it really though or is that what you want to believe? All sports you mentioned are ingrained in American culture and have a long history in the country. Is there a likelihood of you following a sport which you haven't seen before because they're playing in a league in your city? I doubt it

Please examples 

Basketball in australia nothing game in 80s now huge following and produce athletes or for that matter a league soccer.

Or soccer in us before there pro league, where any of the above in there countries sports culture ? 

5 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

One thing that the XFL didn't have the first time around was Social Media and lots of different media platforms like Amazon and Netflix etc...

That really could be a blessing or a curse.

Archived