Match thread: Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Sunday February 4th

marklaspalmas

BOOM!!!!!,Back of the onion bag.Thought our defence was superb .Like I always say get your defence right and points will come which is what I saw today.Could have scored a couple more especially Holmes when he went himself when there was an overlap to his right.Fax only scored from a kick and like Robin mentioned our forwards bossed the game .A better performance by us than I expected against a good Team and as a bonus without using  DR players.Happy days and a double thumbs up from me .

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I keep reading stuff from Fev fans regarding the numbers of Fax travelling support. I mean its not like Fev have been turning up to the Shay in large numbers in recent years. I can't remember the last time either team travelled with more than 500 fans to be honest.  I do put that down to the state of the game at our level though as both teams have done pretty well in terms of results.

Early on last season when we played at shay, was over 2k there and was half and half, number wise. Even jon sharpe commented saying it was like a home game. Wonder if cas got any more 10 a penny forrads like clarke, best forrad on pitch today with wheeldon?

8 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

BOOM!!!!!,Back of the onion bag.Thought our defence was superb .Like I always say get your defence right and points will come which is what I saw today.Could have scored a couple more especially Holmes when he went himself when there was an overlap to his right.Fax only scored from a kick and like Robin mentioned our forwards bossed the game .A better performance by us than I expected against a good Team and as a bonus without using  DR players.Happy days and a double thumbs up from me .

Should have gone for goal with the kickable penalty at 8-4 second half, always go for goal when it's close, luckily it didn't matter today. 

Could and shouldve been a win by more than the 16pts it was, Davies n Keal blew walkover tries in 2nd half

Fax were lucky to get 4 points. They were so one dimensional it was untrue, seen more creativity in an U8s game. Murrell had an absolute stinker today - too busy bantering with the fev fans than concentrating on the job in hand, they played the downhill slope terribly

If that is the stuff they are dishing up this year they can forget top 4 on that showing

The pack was awesome, Mitch Clark really drove it in today, Riddy kicked them to death but my MoM of was Briscoe, superb attack and defense all game

Same again next week, lets hope the weather remains similar - Toulouse dont like a sticky wicket

10 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Could and shouldve been a win by more than the 16pts it was, Davies n Keal blew walkover tries in 2nd half

Fax were lucky to get 4 points. They were so one dimensional it was untrue, seen more creativity in an U8s game. Murrell had an absolute stinker today - too busy bantering with the fev fans than concentrating on the job in hand, they played the downhill slope terribly

If that is the stuff they are dishing up this year they can forget top 4 on that showing

The pack was awesome, Mitch Clark really drove it in today, Riddy kicked them to death but my MoM of was Briscoe, superb attack and defense all game

Same again next week, lets hope the weather remains similar - Toulouse dont like a sticky wicket

Dirty horrible niggly team fax,  fev far superior 1st half hour, should have been 20 up, fax couldnt get out of there own half. Got a bit of decent territory late on 1st half, few silly penaltys finally got them over. Think it went a bit flat when carlisle went off and holmes to hooker. Showed our class when he came back on though, holmes and ridyard back to halfs and thackray looked dangerous linking from full back. Big shifts from ckarke, wheeldon and moore in the pack, touchs of class from riddy and holmes, both wingers went really well again. We will be some team when things click and walton ulugia available again.

Must be more clinical in attack. The number of sets on their line and we only scored 2 tries.not good enough. As least Farrells break and Riddys finish settled the nerves. We ground it out on a heavy but playable pitch and deserved the spoils.

38 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Should have gone for goal with the kickable penalty at 8-4 second half, always go for goal when it's close, luckily it didn't matter today. 

It was a differential penalty. Can't kick for goal. They actually did rush on with the kicking tee but got turned away.

Just a couple of minor irritations from today’s game. If someone from the club reads this post will you kindly remove one of the tables from near the bar to allow people to get through and purchase some drinks ,also I disagree with the attendance of 2000 and odd there was at least 3000 plus .At the  bar before the game they had run out of glasses which is a first for me.

On 31/01/2018 at 2:31 PM, The Blues Ox said:

No, never mentioned Clark. Ten a penny player really and we could take a number of Cas's forwards and have them do the same job. As I put on the Fax forum, Clark and Aston not bothered about in the slightest

It must be worrying given your defence is your strong point how much Fax struggled to put such a "ten a penny player" on the floor.

Think it was a decent performance and our defence was solid, but at times we looked clueless in attack again, a few individual errors cost us tries, we really should have won by more points, I think that was the worst Fax team performance I’ve seen in a while and we should have been 20 up in the first 20/25, but struggled to put it to bed.  Some really promising individual displays today and once we put it all together I think we’ll be great but we’re not quite there yet.....2 points on the table will do nicely though!

On 31/01/2018 at 2:31 PM, The Blues Ox said:

No, never mentioned Clark. Ten a penny player really and we could take a number of Cas's forwards and have them do the same job. As I put on the Fax forum, Clark and Aston not bothered about in the slightest but would obviously have taken Lo but Cas have some very good wingers now available to us anyway and it really does not matter who we play on the wing as it isnt often they get the ball.

Hope for your sake this was a one off performance by Clark, Ox, otherwise your credibility involving player knowledge might have been materially tarnished.

9 hours ago, Squidward said:

Hope for your sake this was a one off performance by Clark, Ox, otherwise your credibility involving player knowledge might have been materially tarnished.

It was tarnished soon as he came out with that comment. Clark is a former junior kiwi, who started at Doncaster, did a good enougth job with them, to earn a contract at big spending full time Bradford, few times i saw him there he was quality, especially against leigh in summer bash, were he was 1 of best players on pitch. Then he signs for Tim sheens full time Hull kr, didnt see much of him and think he had a few injurys, but done enough for Daryll powell to give him a shot for sl league leaders last time out. At 24 hes got big potential, and well thought of in the game.

Archived