SWINTON (H)

graham fisher

I'm expecting a physical game on Sunday against Swinton as always. But if we don't get drawn in to the niggly stuff we'll beat them,our discipline will have to be spot on. Don't know if we picked any injuries up on Monday at Rochdale,but apart from bringing Garreth Moore back in I'd stick with same team.As we know they beat us twice on our ground last season so it's not going to be easy.

I'll go.

Rams 28

Swinton 14

FTS Glover

MOM Ward

Att 804

We seem to have got over the "one game good, one game bad" syndrome so I am hopeful of another success on Sunday to allow us to look upwards rather than downwards, if only for a little while. The forecast isn't too promising (but better than last year's game) so I predict:

Rams 32 - 18 Lions

FTS Glover

Att: 822

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I predict an easy victory. 18 points plus margin. Swinton have conceded 18 tries thus far in 2 games. If we start like we did on Monday happy days. Competition in the squad for places is keen and spirit is good. If London keep it up we could be in second spot come Sunday evening:clapping:utr

3 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

I predict an easy victory. 18 points plus margin. Swinton have conceded 18 tries thus far in 2 games. If we start like we did on Monday happy days. Competition in the squad for places is keen and spirit is good. If London keep it up we could be in second spot come Sunday evening:clapping:utr

Steady on old lad - you're beginning to sound like Piggy's mate. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

No Garreth Moore again on Sunday,so I'd put Speakman in half's and bring Sam Day in on the bench.

Shame about Gareth. Do you have more info Graham? Initial reports were promising so thought he’d be straight back 

would be v happy to go with Dom at 7 and Sam at 9 or on bench but suspect we’ll see Knowles at 7 and no Sam again. 

Wonder who will be in second row?

hopeful of comfortable win but you never know and doubt they’ll start as slowly as Rochdale who gifted us the first half on Monday. 

6 points would be great start though, especially seeing how Barrow have started so fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Shame about Gareth. Do you have more info Graham? Initial reports were promising so thought he’d be straight back 

would be v happy to go with Dom at 7 and Sam at 9 or on bench but suspect we’ll see Knowles at 7 and no Sam again. 

Wonder who will be in second row?

hopeful of comfortable win but you never know and doubt they’ll start as slowly as Rochdale who gifted us the first half on Monday. 

6 points would be great start though, especially seeing how Barrow have started so fingers crossed. 

I was talking to him this morning,he says he's failed 3 head tests. He hopes to be back for Barrow game.

6 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

Dewsbury are my dark horses this season. I'm no good at predictions though???

We should see a Dewsbury victory this week, but must keep the great defence going and attend to the problems with our discipline. So no Gareth Moore again and I just wonder if Knowles might be absent as I understand he has a gammy knee. Perhaps there might be other changes to the squad too.

Dewsbury 30-12 Swinton

FTS: Worrincy

MoM: Speakman

Att: 783

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Wouldn’t upset a winning team too much so I’ll go with 

1. Guzdeck 

2. Worrincy 

3. Glover

4. Hallet

5. Morton

6. Sykes

7. Speakman (don’t think we can get away with playing Knowles at 7 very often) 

8. Sheriffe

9. Ward 

10. Teanby 

11. Spicer 

12. Crowther 

13. Brown

English, Walshaw, Everett, Day 

Expecting a scrappy affair with lots of laying on knowing Swinton so need to be disciplined at the ruck and not be frustrated.

Should have enough in the tank to see them off final 20. 

FT: 28-16 W

FTS: Glover

MOM: Sykes 

Att: 700+

A very undisciplined team and this should be a relatively straightforward win...

This is the Swinton forum isn't it?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, ram1999k said:

t, Day 

Expecting a scrappy affair with lots of laying on knowing Swinton so need to be disciplined at the ruck and not be frustrated.

Will be good to see Tommy G again.  Let’s hope he’s not playing!!

some optimistic posts on here.  ?

On 23/02/2018 at 1:19 AM, ram1999k said:

I was expecting something similar, but they didn't really revert to spoiling last week.

Our defence wasn't great, but credit must go to them for exploiting it. Going forward they are very good, I'd be very interested to know how Hansen (number 7) and the lad at number 31 go against you. Both looked as good as anything I've seen in the Championship last week.

If you let them play, you could be in for a difficult afternoon, especially with only one semi recognised halfback.

A fantastic result if I’m being honest. The defence was rock solid and the attack did what was required to get the win. Good performances from English, Sykes, Spicer, Speakman and my man of the match Knowles. 

Six tries conceaded all season? Lovely. 

Bring on Barrow :)

A very good forward display today laid the foundations for a convincing victory. Defence was great and the attack worked well if erratically, but there is little cause for complaint and every player made a decent contribution.

Can we maintain this form on the road next week?

A word of praise too for the Swinton fans who turned out in good numbers, as usual, and supported their side well even in adversity. Considering your travels and travails over many years your loyalty is outstanding.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Really solid performance. Bombed a couple in attack but hey ho it happens. We never looked like losing and started the game very well. Two games without Gareth Moore as well which bodes well when injuries to key players come along. Shows we can cope. All the guys put in a sound performance today and were desperate to keep Swinton to nil. It will be tough next week but if we do come away with a win what a cracking start to the season. London loss by 12 looks very good on paper and Fax only managed a 6 point win at Rochdale today. I know drier grounds and better conditions will prevail but I believe that will also play to our strengths. Onward and upward

1 hour ago, jeff the ex ref said:

A really good defensive performance, but the second half attacking performances are looking a bit like the Morrison era. An average of 5.5 second half points over 4 matches is not so good.

Can’t compare that to Morrison rugby! We had three certain tries at least in that half if the handling had been better. With Glenn we didn’t look like scoring at all. 

Archived