2 Mar: SL: Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings KO 8pm

Who will win?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Widnes Vikings
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/18 at 20:00

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32:16 now. Strong finish from Wigan.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The first half was 2017 Wigan all over again, the second half was exactly what Wigan fans want to see. I thought Widnes did quite well in the first half. Wigan had about 15 minutes of being unable to do anything with the ball, suffered a few dubious calls from Hicks and seemed unable to get out of a rut.

The second half was one way traffic and the team attacked pretty well. Widnes did a decent job keeping the left edge quiet but the combinations between Powell, Joel Tomkins, Bateman and Davies were dangerous, with Sam Tomkins chiming in from fullback. It's the first time we've looked really dangerous on the right which is positive as we've been too focused on the left.

Tom Davies was outstanding throughout. Burgess looked much more confident. The Sam Tomkins try was reminiscent of his younger years and the forwards in the second half really made a difference.

I think the only change that needs to be made for next week in the Wigan side is Navarrete replacing Tautai, who was the only big disappointment.

the game changer for me was when widnes fluffed a kick to touch from a penalty, burgess made a great pick up and wigan never looked back.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

45 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

The first half was 2017 Wigan all over again, the second half was exactly what Wigan fans want to see. I thought Widnes did quite well in the first half. Wigan had about 15 minutes of being unable to do anything with the ball, suffered a few dubious calls from Hicks and seemed unable to get out of a rut.

The second half was one way traffic and the team attacked pretty well. Widnes did a decent job keeping the left edge quiet but the combinations between Powell, Joel Tomkins, Bateman and Davies were dangerous, with Sam Tomkins chiming in from fullback. It's the first time we've looked really dangerous on the right which is positive as we've been too focused on the left.

Tom Davies was outstanding throughout. Burgess looked much more confident. The Sam Tomkins try was reminiscent of his younger years and the forwards in the second half really made a difference.

I think the only change that needs to be made for next week in the Wigan side is Navarrete replacing Tautai, who was the only big disappointment.

I could not agree with this sentence more. Tautai needs to focus on running the ball in hard rather than trying to play like a half back! Really looking forward to seeing Navarrete in the starting 17 to see what he can do.

5 minutes ago, MamaKangaroo said:

Good to see that normal service has been resumed and Widnes are still capable of total collapses in the 2nd half - I was starting to worry :ph34r:

Second half we had no ball, no field position and for good measure O'Loughlin giving Hicks the benefit of his advice.

Bigger surprise was that we were actually 16 points up after 39 mins with the team we had out.

On a side note I now know what it feels like to be a penguin on South Georgia.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

I think Widnes will be fine this year. They had everything against them last night, with Wigan and Wane desperate for a good home home performance and pretty much a full side out. For us, the most heartening event was Sam’s scoring from distance. He has got a lot of his old pace back - he consistently tracked back and caught breaks against Wire last week. Fingers crossed he gets the confidence to back himself again...

Archived