Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Monkeymagic22

Major announcement

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It’s probably something and nothing, like a new lottery or membership scheme.

Agree it’s probably something like the new Petula the Pit pony thats gonna help Percy out??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A major announcement means just that. Something major. Not going into all the ins and outs of previous probs Robin. But you must remember the problems we had with a so called major investor. Ok I am just going down a different road to what other people have suggested the meeting is about. Just a worry that's all. I will leave it now. Still having difficulty driving in the dark after my eye ops so might not make the meeting. It is however getting lighter as time goes by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By previous investor and your lack of clarity, I'm assuming you mean Nahaboo?

Though as far as i know i can't for the life of me remember nahaboo having any designs or intent regards the land. Perhaps i missed that. Can you clarify please Colin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too can’t remember him or anyone trying to get their hands on the land. The only bad thing I remember Faisel doing was giving a cheque for £60 000 pounds to the Stand Gang that was paraded at a Home match which bounced.Dispicable.From a selfish point of view I hope the land is leased/ sold to a Company which build a WaterPark with a couple of decent Pubs and a bookies attached so I can go fishing there at 6 in the morning,have a couple of pints at dinner time,have a bet on the Gee Gees before walking into the ground to watch the boys.That would be my Sunday taken care of.??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

By previous investor and your lack of clarity, I'm assuming you mean Nahaboo?

Though as far as i know i can't for the life of me remember nahaboo having any designs or intent regards the land. Perhaps i missed that. Can you clarify please Colin?

Did he actually have any idea himself what he was trying to do? 


Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Did he actually have any idea himself what he was trying to do? 

Mr Bling was given a large following by a lot of us at fev. Hindsight is 20/20. 

He was an odd un....

But colin made an allegation that "a previous investor" tried to get the land but didn't back that up..... so I'm assuming its suposition rather than fact.... 

Thursday will be here soon enough and then we'llall be 4 days older ??

Edited by Robin Evans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry everybody. The way I saw it was that he was trying to gain control of the club. That meant he would make decisions regarding our assets. A step further on  but not without some suggestion that it might happen.  Just that after previous experiences I hope it doesn't happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two spare tickets on the plane to Toronto????? Raffle to start next Thursday????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Sorry everybody. The way I saw it was that he was trying to gain control of the club. That meant he would make decisions regarding our assets. A step further on  but not without some suggestion that it might happen.  Just that after previous experiences I hope it doesn't happen again.

   I agree with you to a point. I think he was in it more for his own benefit but he did stump up money.It might have worked out,but i think we have progressed as a club under Mark Campbell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Agree it’s probably something like the new Petula the Pit pony thats gonna help Percy out??

Leave Percy alone. He is a stalwart of the Sharlo team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some (probably) extremely wide of the mark speculation:

I heard yesterday that Pontefract RUFC are selling up their land (it's worth millions with planning permission) and moving to a greenfield site just outside Ponte and building a "massive, state of the art facility".  Not sure how true this rumour is.

Could we be joining forces, selling up our land and sharing this new facility? They'd struggle to justify building a stadium (although Carnegie play there occasionally), but with our crowds, a stadium becomes feasible.

On a selfish note, it'd be ideal for me.  The speculated site is a 5 minute walk:tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Here's some (probably) extremely wide of the mark speculation:

I heard yesterday that Pontefract RUFC are selling up their land (it's worth millions with planning permission) and moving to a greenfield site just outside Ponte and building a "massive, state of the art facility".  Not sure how true this rumour is.

Could we be joining forces, selling up our land and sharing this new facility? They'd struggle to justify building a stadium (although Carnegie play there occasionally), but with our crowds, a stadium becomes feasible.

On a selfish note, it'd be ideal for me.  The speculated site is a 5 minute walk:tongue:

It would be cheaper to surface Halfpenny Lane and build the new facility somewhere around there to combine with the Fev cricket and soccer facilities to make a Sports Village. I doubt if they'd need a massive stadium but they could then use Fev for big matches.

It would also provide an alternative way into the LD Stadium from Pontefract, with parking available at the new rugby club and a new footpath adjacent to the railway line on the south side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

It would be cheaper to surface Halfpenny Lane and build the new facility somewhere around there to combine with the Fev cricket and soccer facilities to make a Sports Village. I doubt if they'd need a massive stadium but they could then use Fev for big matches.

It would also provide an alternative way into the LD Stadium from Pontefract, with parking available at the new rugby club and a new footpath adjacent to the railway line on the south side. 

That's not a bad idea.

I think the only issue would be the protected line of the proposed Featherstone/Ackworth/South Pontefract relief road. Not that I can see it being built in my lifetime.

The site that was being talked about was on Hardwick Road, not far from the railway bridge.  Again, not sure how true the rumour is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both my sons play for them and they haven’t said owt to me but talking about Grounds are Wakey still on about finding another ground to play in or are they happy to stay where they are?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wakey have gone a bit quiet lately.  It'd make sense for them to come to us.

Re PRUFC, I was down yesterday watching my lad and it was just something one of the other dads said.  Reckoned he'd seen it in some election literature, possibly from the conservative candidate.

I knew they were looking at building a new club house / changing area.  But this was a new one on me. As I said, just a bit of wide of the mark speculation, but it'd be nice for Ponte/Fev to have a decent new multi use sports facility.  Also, I've always thought that we should include Ponte in our name, the number of Pomfretians that support the gingers and walk round in their shirts is very worrying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Also, I've always thought that we should include Ponte in our name, the number of Pomfretians that support the gingers and walk round in their shirts is very worrying. 

I see where you're coming from but i'm not sure how you'd get Ponte into the name without it sounding too clunky or just becoming "Pontefract Rovers"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fevtom said:

I see where you're coming from but i'm not sure how you'd get Ponte into the name without it sounding too clunky or just becoming "Pontefract Rovers"

Featherstone and Pontefract Rovers, still be Fev Rovers after all who calls Brighton, Brighton and Hove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Wakey have gone a bit quiet lately.  It'd make sense for them to come to us.

Re PRUFC, I was down yesterday watching my lad and it was just something one of the other dads said.  Reckoned he'd seen it in some election literature, possibly from the conservative candidate.

I knew they were looking at building a new club house / changing area.  But this was a new one on me. As I said, just a bit of wide of the mark speculation, but it'd be nice for Ponte/Fev to have a decent new multi use sports facility.  Also, I've always thought that we should include Ponte in our name, the number of Pomfretians that support the gingers and walk round in their shirts is very worrying. 

Ive been playing down at ponte union, the place is absolutely buzzing at the minute, running almost every age group at junior level, plus a couple of girls teams, 4 open age teams, 1st team been promoted, 2nds near top of the league in 1 final and another semi on wednesday and 1 of best vets sides about. There are plans for new facilities, which i think will be simular to the current set up, but more modern and better club and dressing rooms, which i believe wont be too far away from the moor lane set up. Definatly nothing to do with the big fev announcement though, so we can keep guessing?.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another guess.Have the Club got the permission and finances to start building the corporate box area etc between the Club house and the new stand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...