23-24 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Second game on the bounce where we have conceded twice as many points in the second half as we did the first.

I'm pleased to read above that London are not quite in the groove - yet Whitehaven had lost 4 in succession before playing on our wonderful surface.

Still,that Dylan chap once wrote and sung,....'' For the loser now will be later to win.For the times they are a changin'...''

I'm expecting some good news by midweek.No,it ain't a musician appearing at Stebonheath Park.

The darkest hour before the dawn.We'll be ready for London after the late arrival in Tottenham some months ago.

As The Proclaimers sang,''....I'm on my way from misery to happiness..'' 

I think the title may be out of reach,now.

Good on you. Keep the chin up. 

4 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I'm expecting some good news by midweek.No,it ain't a musician appearing at Stebonheath 

Is this "jam tomorrow" the reason that WWR keep turning down proposals to play the postponed Bears game?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

It’s getting a bit depressing down at New River - we’re not losing due to being a poor side, we are losing week after week due to poor discipline and concentration- lack of leadership in the field and focus. We have a few people out who would make a difference. 

Fans are getting hacked off as I suspect the owner is too. I feel for the coach who I think is great, but rumbles now about his future. We need the players to step up now and perform for 80mins. 

8 hours ago, Bearman said:

Is this "jam tomorrow" the reason that WWR keep turning down proposals to play the postponed Bears game?

I've no idea about that.

Some bloke named Emanuelli has selected some of our players for the students games in July.

The club CEO has a work ethic I last witnessed from a successful Australian head coach,and is out all day today at a youth festival.

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/16399/a-big-weekend-of-rugby-league-in-wales

The injury list,and 'sudden' work commitments have disrupted the season.

It wasn't my fault the RFL changed the game to fit in a Challenge Cup game,for your club,which cost me more than a few pennies - but the canal walk was pleasant enough.

A midweek night match would be problematic,I guess.

If you don't like us now,our 2 games this year should lead to an even more 'enjoyable' 2019.All those Welsh players you have...

Another distant derby game...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

18 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I've no idea about that.

Some bloke named Emanuelli has selected some of our players for the students games in July.

The club CEO has a work ethic I last witnessed from a successful Australian head coach,and is out all day today at a youth festival.

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/16399/a-big-weekend-of-rugby-league-in-wales

The injury list,and 'sudden' work commitments have disrupted the season.

It wasn't my fault the RFL changed the game to fit in a Challenge Cup game,for your club,which cost me more than a few pennies - but the canal walk was pleasant enough.

A midweek night match would be problematic,I guess.

If you don't like us now,our 2 games this year should lead to an even more 'enjoyable' 2019.All those Welsh players you have...

Another distant derby game...

Sorry, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

As it happens I do like WWR and appreciate how tough it is.

Like you, the student internationals are really hitting us. We have NINE first teamers in the student squads.

I know midweek games are difficult we had to go to York last season. They too had to play a cup game on the date of our scheduled fixture so we were penalised that day.

Hemel also had to travel the other year all the way to Newcastle to play an evening game. 

Those Welsh players that we have CHOSE to travel to Coventry rather than to West Wales and I have to admit I am glad they did.

Ron Banks

Echo the sentiments about being hacked off by the Skolars’ performances. They’re their own worst enemy, it’s not a case of being a poor side, it’s dumb and lazy play a lot of the time. 

I’d really not like to see Jermaine Coleman go, he’s up their with the best Skolars have had and he’s given great service to the club. 

7 hours ago, Bearman said:

Sorry, my comment was a bit tongue in cheek.

As it happens I do like WWR and appreciate how tough it is.

Like you, the student internationals are really hitting us. We have NINE first teamers in the student squads.

I know midweek games are difficult we had to go to York last season. They too had to play a cup game on the date of our scheduled fixture so we were penalised that day.

Hemel also had to travel the other year all the way to Newcastle to play an evening game. 

Those Welsh players that we have CHOSE to travel to Coventry rather than to West Wales and I have to admit I am glad they did.

So Hemel will have travelled from West Yorkshire ?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Agree some of the players look unfit and overweight. This would back up the previous comments of Oliver regarding players being lazy. I can’t see them winning any games other than when they plat the teams below them and even then I think Coventry and Hemel could beat them

29 minutes ago, Londonfan said:

Agree some of the players look unfit and overweight. This would back up the previous comments of Oliver regarding players being lazy. I can’t see them winning any games other than when they plat the teams below them and even then I think Coventry and Hemel could beat them

Do I detect a lack of confidence and belief in your hosts for next Saturday,West Wales Raiders?

Big week ahead.

Please bring your unfit and overweight players,if they continue to play dumb and lazy.

Our last chance to put in a performance to match the excellent surface before we go 4g,and then a Championship stadium.

We could be well away from the bottom of the ladder by then...:yes:

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, DEANO said:

So Hemel will have travelled from West Yorkshire ?

Smart answer, but wide of the mark as it was whilst they were still based in Hertfordshire 

Ron Banks

10 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Echo the sentiments about being hacked off by the Skolars’ performances. They’re their own worst enemy, it’s not a case of being a poor side, it’s dumb and lazy play a lot of the time. 

I’d really not like to see Jermaine Coleman go, he’s up their with the best Skolars have had and he’s given great service to the club. 

Really like Skolars as a club, seem to work hard and go about things the right way, would be great to see them move up the leagues.  If only there was a multi millionaire waiting in the wings!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

8 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Really like Skolars as a club, seem to work hard and go about things the right way, would be great to see them move up the leagues.  If only there was a multi millionaire waiting in the wings!!

It’s odd because one of the things JC worked on when took the post up was fitness. Really gone backwards this year. Need players who really want to play for the club. I don’t feel all the current squad want too. 

Archived