Wish list

graham fisher

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, colinb said:

Worth on not paper written if it suits.

? says Yoda

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

? says Yoda

its tempting to post when you've had a beer.... but wiser not to....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Franny maloney assisted by shane Williams. The complete package ?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

15 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Franny maloney assisted by shane Williams. The complete package ?

Players or coaching staff ? :rolleyes:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

13 hours ago, Rambo said:

Two of my favourite players. Shayne was a better player than Darren Fleary who went on to play for GB (just too fond of a pie and a pint) and Maloney was one of the best halfbacks at Dewsbury that I can remember. Even at 34/35 years of age

Agree totally. Shayne could have been as good as he wanted. Had he actually gone to Salford when they tapped him up, he might have been. Franny - best Dewsbury stand off in my time as a spekkie.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Good players don't necessarily make good coaches. Read/listen to Peter Fox's interesting insight into this phenomenon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:45 AM, grumpyoldram said:

Agree totally. Shayne could have been as good as he wanted. Had he actually gone to Salford when they tapped him up, he might have been. Franny - best Dewsbury stand off in my time as a spekkie.

And I thought that you went back years GOR.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

And I thought that you went back years GOR.

Go on, I'll bite. Who do you reckon was a better stand off after 1964. Even the 73 champs would have been even better with a decent stand off (Agar was an out of position scrum half IMO). Vasey wasn't bad, and Agar Junior was good at champ level, but for sheer class ?  Nope, I can't think of one better.

George Bernard Shaw.

4 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Nosey Parker is saying Leon pryce and Barry eaton are favourites in his article in today's league weekly 

Leon would be OK - might rope his little brother in as fitness guru. :rolleyes: Probably have some good contacts too.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:32 AM, RLNew said:

Ant Walker, Matt Calland, Mike Grady, Jerome Guisset were all on Rochdales short list and according to paper Mike interviewed for Ireland job. I imagine there would be plenty of interest in the Dewsbury job from the outside looking in? 

Matt Calland?

"Not by a country mile"!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:07 AM, grumpyoldram said:

Go on, I'll bite. Who do you reckon was a better stand off after 1964. Even the 73 champs would have been even better with a decent stand off (Agar was an out of position scrum half IMO). Vasey wasn't bad, and Agar Junior was good at champ level, but for sheer class ?  Nope, I can't think of one better.

Vasey was quality; Hegarty was classy when he decided to play; a bloke called Wolford wasn't bad either. despite the fact that he drifted to loose forward later on; Stephenson was decent; but no-one came close to Dicky Doel.

20 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Vasey was quality; Hegarty was classy when he decided to play; a bloke called Wolford wasn't bad either. despite the fact that he drifted to loose forward later on; Stephenson was decent; but no-one came close to Dicky Doel.

If I remember Dicky's pace, he didn't come close to anybody else either - particularly his opposite number.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:20 AM, Keep The Faith said:

Nosey Parker is saying Leon pryce and Barry eaton are favourites in his article in today's league weekly 

Leon tweeting he has signed a 2 year deal at Workington , so that leaves Barry

IMG_0583.JPG

Not loved at hunslet but some of the whinos must of rubbed off on him. Surely someone who knows the club takes precedent over a journeyman after a pay day.

I asked Gary thorntons daughter about the gig. Never go to Dewsbury was the response 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

15 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Leon tweeting he has signed a 2 year deal at Workington , so that leaves Barry

That's what the tweet looks like but he has actually signed Whitehead on for two years. Maybe Leon will end up at Dewsbury after all, and maybe not. Barry Eaton isn't in with a chance, IMHO.

6 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Not loved at hunslet but some of the whinos must of rubbed off on him. Surely someone who knows the club takes precedent over a journeyman after a pay day.

I asked Gary thorntons daughter about the gig. Never go to Dewsbury was the response 

Do you know if he has applied 9'O?

Archived