Squad for Bradford

Town Army

7 minutes ago, duffymoon said:

Both clubs are lucky to have another bite of the cherry! Swinton also have injuries and players on holiday. For any fans attending the Grand Final there is reduced admission if you present your ticket stubb on Sunday.

As I have said previously on here we weren’t good enough to win on Sunday to gain promotion but at least got to the play off final. Swinton finished rock bottom after a 30 game season. Only the rfl could reward a team for such abject failure with an opportunity to stay in that division with a home game decided by the toss of a coin. Lucky to have another bite of the cherry? Workington possibly, Swinton without a shadow of a doubt. The only fair way in this embarrassing fiasco was to promote York and Bradford, relegate Rochdale and Swinton and then implement the new rules from next season so that everybody was aware of what was expected.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IanMac said:

As I have said previously on here we weren’t good enough to win on Sunday to gain promotion but at least got to the play off final. Swinton finished rock bottom after a 30 game season. Only the rfl could reward a team for such abject failure with an opportunity to stay in that division with a home game decided by the toss of a coin. Lucky to have another bite of the cherry? Workington possibly, Swinton without a shadow of a doubt. The only fair way in this embarrassing fiasco was to promote York and Bradford, relegate Rochdale and Swinton and then implement the new rules from next season so that everybody was aware of what was expected.

Agree

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Why should you have preference over swinton.

Why should the season be extended  4 weeks before the end, so a team that have been  clearly out of their depth all season get a crack at staying up.   Just a personal opinion George. If you think it isn't a farce thats upto you pal. 

According to Leon in the paper Wilkes and penky are unlikely to feature due to injury, moi moi is banned and 2 on holiday. If everyone else is there and the maudlings and Jp to come back, Matty Johnson as well then we can surely get 17 out 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

5 minutes ago, wonky said:

According to Leon in the paper Wilkes and penky are unlikely to feature due to injury, moi moi is banned and 2 on holiday. If everyone else is there and the maudlings and Jp to come back, Matty Johnson as well then we can surely get 17 out 

Penky and Wilkes were deffo out on Sunday night now its unlikely to feature.Wouldnt be surprised if one or both features on sunday.

3 minutes ago, duffymoon said:

Penky and Wilkes were deffo out on Sunday night now its unlikely to feature.Wouldnt be surprised if one or both features on sunday.

I’d agree . One game , depending on the seriousness  I’d not be surprised if one or both  got jabbed and sent out for at least a go

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’d agree . One game , depending on the seriousness  I’d not be surprised if one or both  got jabbed and sent out for at least a go

Just gotta be careful, at the end of the day they're not on cooper Cronk's wages to jeapordise their other incomes. I'd imagine that those decisions will have to be made by the players themselves. 

Penky may be able to guide us around with on point passes from dummy half but no scooting allowing us to implement set moves, if that first pass is lofted, loopy or slow it ruins the momentum so no hooker is gonna be massive. Near the line Penkywicz times that bullet pass better than anyone. 

Fingers crossed. 

44 minutes ago, duffymoon said:

I'm under the impression both are on holiday and will miss Sunday, but I suppose until its all confirmed it's just hear say, Elliott will be a massive miss as he has been one of our best lately. 

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Why should the season be extended  4 weeks before the end, so a team that have been  clearly out of their depth all season get a crack at staying up.   Just a personal opinion George. If you think it isn't a farce thats upto you pal. 

You missed the point son , its a50/ 50 contest  regardless of what the r l has decided .

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

Scholey is out too isn't he? 

Jesus it gets worse so we've no front row at all..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

8 hours ago, wonky said:

Anyone calling leon for his comments needs to get a grip of themselves, Geordie you are one of the most negative posters on this forum. Of course not staying over is going to be a factor, compare the 2 donny performances for example. he wasn’t diminishing what the board have given him this year at all, he’s done a great job, simple as that. It’s said it’s been our biggest budget since fifita, Sammut etc, that was only 2 seasons ago ffs. We had 1 budget year under Clarke and that was it. Get behind everyone in blue and white and stop all your whinging, it’s pathetic. 

I was talking about the budget for the last 10 years or so or I’d have said very recent wouldn’t I.

Its my opinion, if you dont like it, tough shoite.

What a mess, tell you what this is a game that nobody wants so why not get a rep from each club to go on the pitch at Old Trafford before the grand final and spin a coin to decide who plays in the Championship next season. Better still have a 'it's a knockout' competition at half time where perhaps supporters could slug it out, this will allow the players to go on holiday. P.S. this post should be not taken  seriously just like the RFL.

7 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Oh the irony of your first sentence and the rest of the twaddle that followed.

I can't believe you are having a pop at Leon, So he gets upset at getting beat, sometimes doesn't say the bog standard manager speak, and is hard on the players. So f***ing what? He is a born winner and expects the highest standards. Every manager wants the best of the best and will plead for everything they can squeeze from the BOD. It's up to the BOD to say yes or no. If travelling the night before wasn't a factor nobody would do it as it would be just a waste of money. When we beat the Bulls Kear used every excuse in the book, Leon was honest enough to admit we were beat by a better team on the day but used some contributing factors as to why he thought we got beat. I think they were all perfectly reasonable.

Some folk just like twining.

Oh so if we’d stayed over the first time we played them we’d have won by 20?

And the change of personnel, bringing in more experience fresher players for the 2nd game didn’t have any impact on the result. Aye OK.

I used to regularly travel 3-4 hours on a bus into Manchester/Cheshire to play rugby and the journey didn’t make a blind bit of difference. In fact half the fun was the craic on the bus on the way down.

If if were a 7 hour journey I’d agree but it was Bradford not London. 

1 minute ago, town blue said:

What a mess, tell you what this is a game that nobody wants so why not get a rep from each club to go on the pitch at Old Trafford before the grand final and spin a coin to decide who plays in the Championship next season. Better still have a 'it's a knockout' competition at half time where perhaps supporters could slug it out, this will allow the players to go on holiday. P.S. this post should be not taken  seriously just like the RFL.

Not another coin toss! but the its a knockout makes more sense than what the RL have decided on..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

14 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Jesus it gets worse so we've no front row at all..

Dickinson and curwen, that’s about it I think. Be shocked if stevie isn’t there though

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, duffymoon said:

Looked like a hammy for penky so doubtful, but no way olly plays could hardly walk Sunday

47 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

You missed the point son , its a50/ 50 contest  regardless of what the r l has decided .

Sorry dad.  My point/opinion is york bulls up automatically amd us and donny should have been the final for the 3rd promotion place.  

15 minutes ago, wonky said:

Dickinson and curwen, that’s about it I think. Be shocked if stevie isn’t there though

Was told today he's on holiday this week, not sure if he's back in time for Sunday. 

32 minutes ago, town blue said:

Spike the mascot could have a race at half time with their mascot at the grand final, that would be a laugh! 

Archived