Sign in to follow this  
Moscow01

Keighley

6 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

I mean the RFL could take over the club and make sure they completed the season. This is league 1 RL we are talking about, its not like they have hundreds of thousands in player costs.

And where does that money come from? 

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, I would imagine that the RFL are including them in the fixtlist as a contingency against their actual survival. No doubt if Keighley do manage to scrape through but hadn't been included then you would be on here slating them for their lack of vision.

Maybe you can tell us all what is going to happen, with 100% certainty, of course.

The RFL had completed the fixture list so bung them out and worry about it later. If you want to know what is going to happen try asking Austria Holdings, and good luck with that, but I wouldn't rely 1% on what they tell you.

14 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The RFL have changed tactics from recent times.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/14818876.CONFIRMED__York_City_Knights_NOT_in_2017_fixture_list___yet/

Maybe you can tell us all,why?

Probably because the knights had no financial issues just a former owner making life difficult with the council and the rfl

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

16 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The RFL have changed tactics from recent times.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/14818876.CONFIRMED__York_City_Knights_NOT_in_2017_fixture_list___yet/

Maybe you can tell us all,why?

Strategy, not tactics, surely?

And no I cannot tell you why - why do you think that I could?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, DEANO said:

Probably because the knights had no financial issues just a former owner making life difficult with the council and the rfl

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Strategy, not tactics, surely?

And no I cannot tell you why - why do you think that I could?

It was a hope that you could.

Is there a strategy on who has 'Special Measures' applied to them?

Is it just when players/coaches are NOT paid - when HMRC are not paid?

A club between owners/in dispute with a council/stadium owner(s)/operators?

An owner in dispute with the RFL,perhaps?

With the RFL being transparent,and being supported by the happy-clappers,I thought someone would be able to put into writing so us plebs who attend games could be grateful for the consistency and transparency.

Then supporters,whether in the heartlands or elsewhere,would know what to expect.

Simple things like,whether or not the club is capable of approaching players ready to rock 'n' roll as soon as the Special Measures are lifted...or whether or not the contact with players would be futile?

Anything for the Keighley followers to hang onto after the previous owner passed the club on to another owner and the lifeblood of the club are left helpless,while something or other is being played out...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

If it was later in the season the RFL might have to take them over if only to ensure games would be played. But at this point it's more likely they set a drop-dead point - say Jan. 1 - and either the team is able to commit to the season or they can't.

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

If it was later in the season the RFL might have to take them over if only to ensure games would be played. But at this point it's more likely they set a drop-dead point - say Jan. 1 - and either the team is able to commit to the season or they can't.

Have the RFL ever done such with any other club?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It was a hope that you could.

Is there a strategy on who has 'Special Measures' applied to them?

Is it just when players/coaches are NOT paid - when HMRC are not paid?

A club between owners/in dispute with a council/stadium owner(s)/operators?

An owner in dispute with the RFL,perhaps?

With the RFL being transparent,and being supported by the happy-clappers,I thought someone would be able to put into writing so us plebs who attend games could be grateful for the consistency and transparency.

Then supporters,whether in the heartlands or elsewhere,would know what to expect.

Simple things like,whether or not the club is capable of approaching players ready to rock 'n' roll as soon as the Special Measures are lifted...or whether or not the contact with players would be futile?

Anything for the Keighley followers to hang onto after the previous owner passed the club on to another owner and the lifeblood of the club are left helpless,while something or other is being played out...

That's all that I am AC, a fan.

Not a happy-clapper either, never have been, but not do I condone knee-jerk criticism of everything that an organisation does, or doesn't do. Reasoned judgement should be to the fore, even in RL.

I have no idea. I think it it unlikely, but given the circumstances they should try something. Otherwise there's 10 teams and odds are at lease one or two of them won't finish out the season given the way things are going now.

7 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

I have no idea. I think it it unlikely, but given the circumstances they should try something. Otherwise there's 10 teams and odds are at lease one or two of them won't finish out the season given the way things are going now.

I seem to remember making that point a few months back, Div one as it stands is unworkable for any club new or old, better to combine it with the Championship then at least the better clubs in there would have something to sell, someone suggested two conferences with a play-off to decide promotion if that's still on the  menu by then.  Logistically there appears problems but nothing that's not surmountable if there's the will and aptitude to overcome them, and therein lies the problems.

13 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I seem to remember making that point a few months back, Div one as it stands is unworkable for any club new or old, better to combine it with the Championship then at least the better clubs in there would have something to sell, someone suggested two conferences with a play-off to decide promotion if that's still on the  menu by then.  Logistically there appears problems but nothing that's not surmountable if there's the will and aptitude to overcome them, and therein lies the problems.

Are New York,and other clubs,joining League 1 in 2020?

I'm surprised another club hasn't been invited to join this year.

Admitting another club like NYC will do little for League 1, who seem to be losing a team or two every year. There has to be a division between fully professional operations and semi-pro - the former in the Championship and the latter in League 1. Again, too late this year, but for next year these leagues have to be rationalized. IMHO of course

1 hour ago, Moscow01 said:

Good news - a former Keighley player has just announced he’s been paid the money he was owed. 

It seems some have been paid. But not all the money owed.

Plus its just been announced Hunslet Parkside will replace Kly in the Yorkshire cup.

If some players,but not all the staff,are only receiving a fraction of the monies owed,then it would also seem feasible that other monies owed,have not been paid - and this goes back several months to during the playing season.

Any takeover would need some time to sort out the mess.

https://www.keighleynews.co.uk/sport/17277706.half-of-keighley-cougars-squad-so-far-received-unpaid-wages/

I don't know quite what the message is meant to be...

Feel for the sponsors and supporters - as well as any player who may be hanging on. 

To quote that old cartoon show, "What a mess."

So here we are at the end of the week and what's happened? In this case no news is not good news.

11 hours ago, TIWIT said:

So here we are at the end of the week and what's happened? In this case no news is not good news.

Well on the plus side there in the Challenge Cup and don't have to pay anything when they get to the final?

Tipped off by whom, sounds like more Austria Holdings BS. If Lingard and Gill re-align themselves with Austria Holdings as the owners of the club they should be thoroughly ashamed. 

• Like 1

I hope they survive, but if they know they can't they should come clean it's only fair on the rest of the league. I can a shambles down the line. 

Edited by newbe

Is there enough players around who are prepared to take the obvious risk to get a squad together?

2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Is there enough players around who are prepared to take the obvious risk to get a squad together?

Probably. But you get what you pay for.