While in the making

Hate the rec

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

This years squad at Haven is costing much less than last year imo, more worrying you have spent 150K so far on your squad.

Do you actually believe this stuff you post? So you know what each player has cost Town, including it seems people that haven't actually signed yet and as if by magic it comes to a nice round figure of 150k? 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

17 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Do you actually believe this stuff you post? So you know what each player has cost Town, including it seems people that haven't actually signed yet and as if by magic it comes to a nice round figure of 150k? 

Is it any different to the number of experts on here that post about how much Haven spend? The fact they don’t know has never stopped them believing what they post.

1 minute ago, Marrafan said:

Is it any different to the number of experts on here that post about how much Haven spend? The fact they don’t know has never stopped them believing what they post.

I’ve used the phrase already in a post today but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. We didn’t need to know, the fact you needed begging bowls suggested you were spending beyond your means. Not rocket science that.

3 hours ago, donald said:

Amanda was on that amount it was a full time job

Didn't realise it had been that amount, she worked hard for the club, who has taken over her duties now. 

3 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

I agree we were knackered last year over spent and needed bailed out for the second time. Now we have new directors and club seems to be going in right direction. 

Everything's fairly  new with you. Your clubs only been around since 2010

MODERATOR:I have to remind members of this Forum, that  all fans of Rugby league and that includes our friends from up the road are allowed to post on our site.Whitehaven have their own site but not associated with Total RL,You can if you wish apply to become a member which doe's not mean you have to support them, and am sure Julie will make you more than welcome.I believe they have a Forum on Total RL but i have never visited it, so i do not know if it is has well supported has the Havenfans site,I know it is hard to hear they are recruiting well but it is important for Cumbrian Rugby league that we keep a firm foot in the door otherwise they will soon be happy to have no rugby in Cumbria.The season is not that far away when the dust will settle and see where we are both progressing in the league..Thankyou

3 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Apart from commenting about the club going from destitute to once again seemingly flush I can't remember anyone on this site claiming to know exactly how much Haven are spending. My point is that that CRL claims things to be fact quoting exact figures that can't possibly be accurate. I'd have had no issue with the comments if the 150k wasn't mentioned.

Do you not have even a hint of uneasyness that Tommy Todd took the club to the brink of bankruptcy only a few months ago and is now overseeing what on the surface seems to be a less than prudent approach to this years squad building? I get that Forster and Hewers wages are a massive saving but Charlo and the new signings aren't doing it for nowt. I expected a slow build back up but there is aleady a fair old squad in place, with more promised.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

21 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

MODERATOR:I have to remind members of this Forum, that  all fans of Rugby league and that includes our friends from up the road are allowed to post on our site.Whitehaven have their own site but not associated with Total RL,You can if you wish apply to become a member which doe's not mean you have to support them, and am sure Julie will make you more than welcome.I believe they have a Forum on Total RL but i have never visited it, so i do not know if it is has well supported has the Havenfans site,I know it is hard to hear they are recruiting well but it is important for Cumbrian Rugby league that we keep a firm foot in the door otherwise they will soon be happy to have no rugby in Cumbria.The season is not that far away when the dust will settle and see where we are both progressing in the league..Thankyou

Agree with  most of what you say trouty but if a town fan were to put similar comments on havens forum run by Julie  that one  haven  fan in particular puts on here they would be jumped on venomously by the usual crew. We need 2 strong clubs but the veiled digs at town on here are constant. 

Archived