Fitness Thread

7 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Every other day, and skip if I do other intense exercise.

Right...

Week 3, day 3:

22-30-20-20-28

...with long pauses

hundredpushups.com/week3.html

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I feel like I spend 40 plus hours a week in the gym either laying around 800 bricks/day or 300 ish blocks. I can't go to work as my site is closed. The difference in my physical and mental wellbeing is noticeable already. I'm snacking on things I wouldn't normally touch,chocolate and biscuits,had 9 slices of toast for breakfast and as a result feel sluggish mentally and very lethargic. The beautiful Sefton park is on my doorstep and I've done my mandatory half hour walks,anybody got any tips for anything else? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

I feel like I spend 40 plus hours a week in the gym either laying around 800 bricks/day or 300 ish blocks. I can't go to work as my site is closed. The difference in my physical and mental wellbeing is noticeable already. I'm snacking on things I wouldn't normally touch,chocolate and biscuits,had 9 slices of toast for breakfast and as a result feel sluggish mentally and very lethargic. The beautiful Sefton park is on my doorstep and I've done my mandatory half hour walks,anybody got any tips for anything else? 

Fancy joining in with the press ups? 

• Thanks 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Just now, bobbruce said:

I just realised I just did as many as I could manage will try to follow this now. 

That works too!

I had tried to work out where you were in the programme!

1 minute ago, Bob8 said:

That works too!

I had tried to work out where you were in the programme!

Might do the same Friday then start Monday as if it’s week 2 as I’m not going to get a full week 1 in anyway. 

Just now, bobbruce said:

Might do the same Friday then start Monday as if it’s week 2 as I’m not going to get a full week 1 in anyway. 

Oi! Stick to the rules!

First, see how many you can do in one go.

Just finished Week 3, completed a set of 50 (43 years old).

So, my next lot will be

21, 25, 21, 21 and then 32+

Edited by Bob8

I’ve ended up doing last day of first week today. It did give me the option of jumping to week 3 but I think that will be a bit much for me. 

So .... 11,15,9,9 and 31. 

The last on my list says 13+ and I’m assuming it wants you to do as many as you can manage. Will start week 2 on Monday. I think because I did so many on Wednesday I found it really hard to get going with this set but was fine once I’d warmed up. Hopefully they’ll be a bit more manageable now I’m following the programme. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’ve ended up doing last day of first week today. It did give me the option of jumping to week 3 but I think that will be a bit much for me. 

So .... 11,15,9,9 and 31. 

The last on my list says 13+ and I’m assuming it wants you to do as many as you can manage. Will start week 2 on Monday. I think because I did so many on Wednesday I found it really hard to get going with this set but was fine once I’d warmed up. Hopefully they’ll be a bit more manageable now I’m following the programme. 

Good stuff! I think I will be fine in week 4, and come to a standstill in week 5.

@Bob8 thanks for posting that pushup link, it'll give me something else to focus while stuck in the house.  Just did the test, but have to do pushups from the knees as the back just collapses trying to go off toes.  ###### just doesn't function.  

Anyways, for the test I did 42 consecutive pushups from the knees at age 45.

See how the arms are tomorrow if I start properly! LOL

• Like 1

I did a 5K yesterday, 15 laps of my garden and the cul-de-sac.

Still weigh 80.5kg

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Any one here tried intermittent fasting? Thinking of starting a 12 hour fast after my evening meal, increasing to 16 hours. I have been doing plenty of workouts (lost count of how many KB swings I have done), but can’t seem to shift some belly fat.

Check in this week at 81.5kg.

Managed a decent run today but am suspecting that quite soon it’s going to be circuits of the garden.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Press ups, week 4, day 1:

21-25-21-21-33

...and 79.3kg

Edited by Bob8

6 hours ago, Damien said:

A little challenge:

Well that is hardcore.

PS: 1.32, I will keep on that. And, we do better next time as I will be ready for getting very hot very quickly.

Edited by Bob8