Fitness Thread

I appear to have joined Hastings Runners. Because it's always best to sign up to things when you're in an unknowably long period where you won't be able to do them.

They have a club spring 10k in May. Not setting a time target at all but my personal challenge is to be in a position to run that.

In the meantime, I'll be doing a lot of wincing and a fair bit of parkrun volunteering. Physio appointment next week.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

I appear to have joined Hastings Runners. Because it's always best to sign up to things when you're in an unknowably long period where you won't be able to do them.

They have a club spring 10k in May. Not setting a time target at all but my personal challenge is to be in a position to run that.

In the meantime, I'll be doing a lot of wincing and a fair bit of parkrun volunteering. Physio appointment next week.

I genuinely misread that as "I'll be doing a lot of mincing" and thought it must be the injury making him walk funny. 

Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Wiltshire Rhino Gingerjon Moose tim2 Saint 1 Canabull Kayakman Niels
Week 1 93.5 116 156.5 135.6 84.9 66 76   98.88    
Week 2 93.5 116 155.4 134.26 89.9 66 76 82 96.61 275  
Week 3  93.1 115 155.6 131.1 82.55 66 76 87 97.39 125 72.57

loss/gain -0.4 -1 0.2 -3.16 -7.35 0 0 5 0.78 -150 0
Venus 84.72 104.65 141.60 119.30 75.12 60.06 69.16 79.17 88.62 113.75 66.04

As you can see, 

JohnM and Bob8 have been dropped to free up some space. Happy to add you back in if you post a weight for the week.

I have added a loss/gain chart as well. Great effort from Wiltshire, steady progress elsewhere with Canabull developing muscle mass. Must be all that shovelling. Saint 1 getting the +5Kg treatment for missing his posting :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I genuinely misread that as "I'll be doing a lot of mincing" and thought it must be the injury making him walk funny. 

Honestly, if you'd seen how I have been walking, mincing would be an improvement.

I've just described it to someone else as 'constipated John Wayne, walking sideways on tiptoes whilst swearing'.

• Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Shadow said:
  Shadow Matt Santos Bedford Roughyed Wiltshire Rhino Gingerjon Moose tim2 Saint 1 Canabull Kayakman Niels
Week 1 93.5 116 156.5 135.6 84.9 66 76   98.88    
Week 2 93.5 116 155.4 134.26 89.9 66 76 82 96.61 275  
Week 3  93.1 115 155.6 131.1 82.55 66 76 87 97.39 125 72.57

loss/gain -0.4 -1 0.2 -3.16 -7.35 0 0 5 0.78 -150 0
Venus 84.72 104.65 141.60 119.30 75.12 60.06 69.16 79.17 88.62 113.75 66.04

As you can see, 

JohnM and Bob8 have been dropped to free up some space. Happy to add you back in if you post a weight for the week.

I have added a loss/gain chart as well. Great effort from Wiltshire, steady progress elsewhere with Canabull developing muscle mass. Must be all that shovelling. Saint 1 getting the +5Kg treatment for missing his posting :biggrin:

"The K-man Diet" has very impressive results! ?

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

An hour's training and the boxing gym. Knackered.

Yes, truely knackered. Whole body still feeling weary.

Another session tomorrow.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Another hour of training.

Yesterday, it ended with 600 various stomach crunches, which was not too bad. Today we ended with 540 and coming the day after it was far tougher.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Saturday. 5k shuffle in less than 30 mins (just) which is nice. It was very hot! Bbq and beers at night

Sunday rest. Posh brunch out so lots of food and chocolate. 

Monday. Bike intervals with press ups and db snatches 

Back upto 116k but hope to be around 114 by the end of the week.

Chinese New Year so my gym is closed till Thursday. Will do 5ks and condo gym bike stuff

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

The nice physio man prodded and poked me and has identified the problem as being ... well, I wasn't paying attention to the technical terms but the essential is that a big old muscular connection on the left pelvic side has got wound tight and needs to unwind. I have some lovely stretches to loosen the muscle which, combined with the wonderful drugs and general improvement, seems to lead him to think I could be running again in around two weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

The nice physio man prodded and poked me and has identified the problem as being ... well, I wasn't paying attention to the technical terms but the essential is that a big old muscular connection on the left pelvic side has got wound tight and needs to unwind. I have some lovely stretches to loosen the muscle which, combined with the wonderful drugs and general improvement, seems to lead him to think I could be running again in around two weeks.

I had similar physio here but for ligament. I had lots of exercises to do. They helped a lot.

I am off to the gym now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niels said:

I had similar physio here but for ligament. I had lots of exercises to do. They helped a lot.

I am off to the gym now. 

He also said "You know what else will help?

Drugs."

This being Hastings we then had to clarify he wasn't sending me off down to St Leonards to get some gear to help me out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Mother*%#~?#!

Almost 25kms walked this week despite the cold weather making getting going difficult, tracking the food well and I’m up two sodding pounds!

217lbs.  Have to do better this week and keep positive.

Getting it done when it feels is a good measure of success. 

• Like 1