Sign in to follow this  
Bob8

Fitness Thread

I went back to the boxing gym, after deciding to give the sprain in my wrist time to recover for a week or two.

I was a mess. Sweating hard after five minutes and so exhausted at the end that I dreaded the walk home.

Good to be back though.

81.7kg.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

04-Jun 15-Jun 25-Jun 01-Jul   Week
Gain/Loss
Total
Gain/Loss
Shadow   87.3 87.2 86.7 86.2   -0.5 -1.2
Bedford Roughyed   156.6 155.5 153.2 TBA   TBA TBA
Bobbruce   89.4 88.7 88.7 88.4   -0.3 -1.14
Damien   104.8 103.4 103 102   -1 -5.95
Bob8   81.2 79.9 80.4 81.7   1.3 2.4
CanaBull   73.02 74.3 73.95 73.75   -0.2 -1.18
Edited by Shadow
Overestimate on Lockdown effects on Bedford

I haven’t weighed in this week, hopefully it’s not 200kgs....!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

15 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I haven’t weighed in this week, hopefully it’s not 200kgs....!

The chart don't lie :kolobok_biggrin:

Amended.

I was testing the formatting on the spreadsheet and missed the check figure against your name. 

• Haha 1

Yesterday I went to my first group class for a long time. It was great to do a class again.

I missed the first half as I witnessed a hit and run and had to help the victim. The car went over his head and he was, eventually, able to get up and walk to the side of the road! 

Wow.  169.2lbs.  Biggest gain since I started the weight loss journey in January 2019.  With all that's going on I figured I deserved a break and to relax things a little bit.  Relaxing with more bread, crackers, chocolate, pizza and something that I've had little of in a few years now, booze.  Hardly moved either.  And it's feckin hot and humid over here.  And I've had to use more painkillers than normal.

Perfect storm.

I didn't need relaxation, I needed a reminder of why I stick to my discipline so much, so in that I consider this a win.

Back up to 85kg after a week of not tracking any nutrition and 10 days of not lifting 'weights'. Started to progress the intensity of rugby somewhat now though so not particularly concerned. Can't wait for the gyms to open though! 

01-Jul 14-Jul   Week
Gain/Loss
Total
Gain/Loss
Shadow   86.2 85.4   -0.8 -2
Bedford Roughyed   153.2 151.7   -1.5 4.9
Damien   102 101.2   -0.8 -6.75
Saint 1   84 85   1 -2.2
CanaBull   73.75 76.75   3 1.82
Edited by Shadow

Ok back to the scales...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 6th June I bought a new pair of running shoes, my Garmin App tells me I have already run over 185Km in them and they have an anticipated life of another 460 Km

Or should that be in the Uninteresting Trivial Facts thread? 

Weigh in day and down to 162.8lbs, lost 6.4 lbs of the 6.6lbs I gained last week.  Tracked what I ate, plenty of water and more walking.  the old habits can't get back in, really great to get the insight and especially good mentally that I can pull it back into control.  Might not be as physically active at the moment but pleased the head is reasonably good still.

• Like 2

I ran on Saturday morning and made a few challenging choices on the route so ended up doing 19Km, a bit shy of 12 miles. It was quite warm down my way so when I got home and weighed myself I was down to 83.9Kg.

By this morning after I was properly re-hydrated I was up to 86.4

I may only weigh myself after exercise from now on. 

• Like 2

150.4 for today thank you.  

Looks like 79kg today.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I have been carrying on. 

79.8kg. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

14-Jul 21-Jul   Week
Gain/Loss
Total
Gain/Loss
Shadow   85.4 86.3   0.9 -1.1
Bedford Roughyed   151.7 150.4   -1.3 3.6
Gingerjon   80 79   -1 -3.5
Bob8   81.7 79.8   -1.9 0.5
CanaBull   76.75 73.85   -2.9 -1.08

Little bit up this week, 163.2lbs.  Big (small) victory for me was changing the oil in the van.  Last time I did that, and pushed myself when I really should have stopped, I was laid up for over a week.  Now that I'm keeping the weight off I'm taking more and more small steps to greater independence and freedom.  Certainly feels good!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Little bit up this week, 163.2lbs.  Big (small) victory for me was changing the oil in the van.  Last time I did that, and pushed myself when I really should have stopped, I was laid up for over a week.  Now that I'm keeping the weight off I'm taking more and more small steps to greater independence and freedom.  Certainly feels good!

I've found that not carrying the extra stone and a bit around has helped immensely with my training, I've not suffered an injury in a year,  I can run further and faster , I don't get painful knee joints, I can walk downstairs without the use of the bannister in the morning and I get to be smug. It's a win-win-win-win :kolobok_biggrin:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

When you say "change the oil in the van"

Do you mean

Mobile Chip Van Leicester and Nottingham by the Mobile fish & Chip ...

• Haha 1

Last week, I was able, thanks to some belated birthday vouchers, to purchase a Garmin Vivosport.

Today the entire Garmin world is down, from sales website to data upload to app.

This means I am now unable to believe my run this morning happened as there is no Strava evidence of its existence.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)