Luther Burrell @ Wire

9 hours ago, IM2 said:

How is he going at warrington. is he training with them yet? 

Very interested to see how he gets on. Saw him play a few times at Saints and his lateral movement and pace was great. Plenty of experience in league too so he shouldn't take too long to get to grips with things. Very exciting signing 

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Very interested to see how he gets on. Saw him play a few times at Saints and his lateral movement and pace was great. Plenty of experience in league too so he shouldn't take too long to get to grips with things. Very exciting signing 

I didn't realise he had played at St Helens

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

Any body tortured themselves by watching it?

I believe Instagram and Facebook have been told to take down any images of it in line with new government policy.

Without wanting to drift the thread too much I tried searching the internet and came across this article.   I think it’s the only time I’ve read a Daily Mail story related to RL that hasn’t taken a sly swipe and is unusually errr... normal.

I take it the journalist must have been a newbie on probation and has since been fired.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-6894567/Luther-Burrell-takes-swipe-union-prepares-cross-codes.html

19 hours ago, Dave T said:

How has he been going in Yawnion? Any body tortured themselves by watching it?

Be your age, Dave!

You could ask it on the criss-cross code rubbish if you're truly interested.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Be your age, Dave!

You could ask it on the criss-cross code rubbish if you're truly interested.

I'm a bit disappointed that despite the word yawnion this thread hasn't been locked or moved yet! Very poor!

13 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Without wanting to drift the thread too much I tried searching the internet and came across this article.   I think it’s the only time I’ve read a Daily Mail story related to RL that hasn’t taken a sly swipe and is unusually errr... normal.

I take it the journalist must have been a newbie on probation and has since been fired.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-6894567/Luther-Burrell-takes-swipe-union-prepares-cross-codes.html

I don't believe one single word of that article. In fact doubt that interview even happened at all.

9 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

I don't believe one single word of that article. In fact doubt that interview even happened at all.

You think the online paper was hacked by a pro-RL sympathiser? ?

22 hours ago, Dave T said:

How has he been going in Yawnion? Any body tortured themselves by watching it?

I’m assuming with the current situation regarding Jeremy Kyle that RU is having to be played behind closed doors at the minute. 

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

You think the online paper was hacked by a pro-RL sympathiser? ?

I don't see it as pro-RL, or pro-RU for that matter either. It's just pathetic Daily Mail clickbait as usual.

I can't imagine Burrell using those same, tired old clichés and stereotypes in an official interview, especially as he was still presumably under contract at the time. 

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'm a bit disappointed that despite the word yawnion this thread hasn't been locked or moved yet! Very poor!

John's slipping and must've forgot his tablets.

But you're quite right the criss-cross coded questionable is his equivalent of the Gardening Magazines at W H Smiths.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

I don't see it as pro-RL, or pro-RU for that matter either. It's just pathetic Daily Mail clickbait as usual.

I can't imagine Burrell using those same, tired old clichés and stereotypes in an official interview, especially as he was still presumably under contract at the time. 

Jeesh, tin hat to the ready.

I read the article and found absolutely nothing wrong with it, he gave an honest opinion and was hardly slating union. All he really says is with his international career seemingly over, he wants to move back up north for one reason or another. He also seems genuinely excited to be coming back to league 

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 22:02, IM2 said:

How is he going at warrington. is he training with them yet? 

I hope he goes well, but I've always like Ryan Atkins, is he displacing Atkins? 

2 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

Jeesh, tin hat to the ready.

I read the article and found absolutely nothing wrong with it, he gave an honest opinion and was hardly slating union. All he really says is with his international career seemingly over, he wants to move back up north for one reason or another. He also seems genuinely excited to be coming back to league 

Do you honestly believe that they are genuine quotes?

6 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Do you honestly believe that they are genuine quotes?

Journalists don’t make up direct quotes. They may make up stories based on dodgy  unattributed quotes, but I very much doubt those quotes from Burrell about posh dinners etc are fiction 

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Journalists don’t make up direct quotes. They may make up stories based on dodgy  unattributed quotes, but I very much doubt those quotes from Burrell about posh dinners etc are fiction 

Ok, I'm out of here, this is silly now. 

Archived