Ottawa bid accepted by RFL for 2020 start – but New York entry delayed until 2021

3 hours ago, SL17 said:

I respect your comments. But unfortunately Elstone controls SL. So his commitment stands with SL.

If you want SL then get ready for some very harsh decisions. Regardless of what you can bring to the table.

Personally id have stuck at Championship level until 2021.

Elstone is at the beck and call of the SL chairmen. He doesn’t control SL any more than I do. He’s an employee at the end of the day. If he doesn’t do as his masters ask he’ll be kicked into the long grass. 

rldfsignature.jpg

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SL17 said:

Well it really didn’t offer anything only than a trip to Toronto in both Leagues. How SL view that is another thing, but again hopefully  Toronto are SL’s problem next season.

Total ignorance of the facts. I'm not going to bother listing the benefits TWP have brought to the game of RL, I'll just put you on ignore like the other fella incapable of thinking first before they type.

I think some balance is in order here.

References have been made to Robert Elstone's favourable comments on his visit to Toulouse. That's absolutely fine, but many may recall these equally positive comments about his visit to Toronto:

“They’ve created an environment and atmosphere we should capture and promote across the whole of Super League.

“I’m certain we can all learn from how they’ve connected with a younger audience – the one so critical for Super League’s future.

“It’s a vision created by owner David Argyle and it was good to spend time with him.

“Repeating the attributes I think are really important for Super League, he’s certainly ambitious – for the Wolfpack and the sport; he’s confident – really believes he and his team can deliver; and it’s young – he’s talking with, and bringing into the club, a demographic the sport has to connect with.

“Toronto is a fantastic city, and one that anyone would enjoy visiting.

Encouraging the simplistic view that Robert Elstone clearly supports Toulouse and is anti-Toronto, is not based on a a measured assessment of the evidence available.

17 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

They are mostly fake comments from this serial pest: 

7D12AE11-B459-4419-A4D9-D51723646D2F.png

He goes by "Matt Lodge" on Facebook and "Mungoball" on reddit too. 

Not even acknowledging his existence seems to work best.

new rise.jpg

5 hours ago, Pulga said:

You should see the MLR Subreddit....

They're having a bit of a meltdown.

Had a look and it appears the unions fans feel the same way about the Wolfpack as some on here (ie all foreigners, no Canadians, fake crowd, free tickets, a gimmick, won’t last etc).  It seems league and union have a lot in common. 

1 hour ago, Ackroman said:

Total ignorance of the facts. I'm not going to bother listing the benefits TWP have brought to the game of RL, I'll just put you on ignore like the other fella incapable of thinking first before they type.

Better include me as well, simply because I have an opinion that differs from you and those others that I consider can see no further than the drum majorettes, buntings and bright lights, NA expansion is not as simple as many consider it to be, there are many things that can bite the R'se of not only the NA clubs but can also impact on the game over here.

I would not be brash enough to say you are incapable of thinking Ackro, but I will say you and your bretheren are blinkered and even guilty of culpable ignorance. 

32 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

You hope.

No I don't hope for anything either way, I just like to weigh up the what's before me prior to leaping forward, maybe it is me who is deemed to be over cautious, I have said it many times before, I think that we should run for a further period with TWP in SL to see how it unfolds, Ottowa are not joining to stay in the Championship(s) indefinitely, it would not be fair to anyone - time and expense - if they may be excluded from their ambitions because the excerize has failed with another club and they are adjudged to have the same implications attached to them, it may be something as simple as some SL clubs crying foul that they have to travel to Canada whilst others are relieved of doing so, some may say so what, but if it impacts on a top 5 or relegation fight it will definitely come into play.

1 hour ago, Mrs Stottle said:

No I don't hope for anything either way, I just like to weigh up the what's before me prior to leaping forward, maybe it is me who is deemed to be over cautious, I have said it many times before, I think that we should run for a further period with TWP in SL to see how it unfolds, Ottowa are not joining to stay in the Championship(s) indefinitely, it would not be fair to anyone - time and expense - if they may be excluded from their ambitions because the excerize has failed with another club and they are adjudged to have the same implications attached to them, it may be something as simple as some SL clubs crying foul that they have to travel to Canada whilst others are relieved of doing so, some may say so what, but if it impacts on a top 5 or relegation fight it will definitely come into play.

Has someone got mixed up in their multiple accounts?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Better include me as well, simply because I have an opinion that differs from you and those others that I consider can see no further than the drum majorettes, buntings and bright lights, NA expansion is not as simple as many consider it to be, there are many things that can bite the R'se of not only the NA clubs but can also impact on the game over here.

I would not be brash enough to say you are incapable of thinking Ackro, but I will say you and your bretheren are blinkered and even guilty of culpable ignorance. 

You don't know me so I find that comment highly offensive for 2 reasons. Firstly I have no "brethren" and secondly you have no evidence to justify calling me ignorant.

I am also wondering why you would wade into a discussion with me when you would prefer me to ignore you?

I would also like to point out that by putting you on ignore as well, the content of the threads are far less antagonistic.

2 hours ago, Mrs Stottle said:

Finally you come forward...so you are the one who has been secretly manipulating the strings that make Harry jump. 

Get control of your woman Harry!

22 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Looks like Harry has been put in the naughty corner for a while.

No I ain't, I am in a place wereI have no Wi-Fi and my allowance is down to bare minimum, so I used the wife's phone, if I wanted to hide anything I would have chosen another name, wouldn't I? 

9 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Finally you come forward...so you are the one who has been secretly manipulating the strings that make Harry jump. 

Get control of your woman Harry!

Gud un (good one) as we say in Leigh, I knew I could rely on you K'man, nothing escapes you does it. 

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No I ain't, I am in a place wereI have no Wi-Fi and my allowance is down to bare minimum, so I used the wife's phone, if I wanted to hide anything I would have chosen another name, wouldn't I? 

Most normal people would have logged in and just used their own name.

4 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

I think some balance is in order here.

References have been made to Robert Elstone's favourable comments on his visit to Toulouse. That's absolutely fine, but many may recall these equally positive comments about his visit to Toronto:

“They’ve created an environment and atmosphere we should capture and promote across the whole of Super League.

“I’m certain we can all learn from how they’ve connected with a younger audience – the one so critical for Super League’s future.

“It’s a vision created by owner David Argyle and it was good to spend time with him.

“Repeating the attributes I think are really important for Super League, he’s certainly ambitious – for the Wolfpack and the sport; he’s confident – really believes he and his team can deliver; and it’s young – he’s talking with, and bringing into the club, a demographic the sport has to connect with.

“Toronto is a fantastic city, and one that anyone would enjoy visiting.

Encouraging the simplistic view that Robert Elstone clearly supports Toulouse and is anti-Toronto, is not based on a a measured assessment of the evidence available.

moving along with your post and just to put an idea forward.... its radical i know but:

maybe he quite likes both and is happy to have either/both in SL... he just is commenting on the latest one he has seen!

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

to be fair Harry (or Mrs Stottle depending on whether Harry is allowed to post later ?) I think almost every single pro North American or generally pro expansion poster on here is well aware that there are plenty of things that could bite them on the bum etc the choice is to not worry too much about them until they actually do (I am sure the clubs are also well aware and are planning accordingly, we dont need to do that as we dont run the clubs).. its a glass half empty v glass half full thing. I disaster plan at work always have done so that work continues on pretty much no matter what, I would guess the clubs work like that too (most normal places do) but i'm not going to disaster plan for another organisation just for the sake of, but I am not blind to the fact disasters are possible for the clubs just that I hope the organisations are planning to mitigate for them.

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Gud un (good one) as we say in Leigh, I knew I could rely on you K'man, nothing escapes you does it. 

The seasoned paddler is always scanning the horizon, always watching for a change in the weather, nothing ever escapes the reasoned mind.  I did get stuck in about a kilometer of ice out on the big water a few weeks ago though...the wife gave me a proper bit of flack about it upon my return....I know your pain....we all slip up eventually.

Keep on paddlin'.

Just now, Kayakman said:

The seasoned paddler is always scanning the horizon, always watching for a change in the weather, nothing ever escapes the reasoned mind.  I did get stuck in about a kilometer of ice out on the big water a few weeks ago though...the wife gave me a proper bit of flack about it upon my return....I know your pain....we all slip up eventually.

Keep on paddlin'.

if you'd have used imperial it doesnt sound half as bad!

Just now, RP London said:

if you'd have used imperial it doesnt sound half as bad!

We are living in the modern age in Canada! 

Chop,,,chop...chop...is the sound of the paddle as it goes into the ice.   Push,,,push...push...is the power from the shoulder as it drives the chopping paddle over the ice.   Drive,,,drive....drive...goes the voice in the head as you work your way out of the ice, with the chopping and the pushing.

Its a very surreal feeling being stuck in an ice pack, way out on the big water.   I'M STUCK!!!!!!!

WORK,,,WORK....WORK....THATS THE ONLY WAY OUT!

Just now, Kayakman said:

We are living in the modern age in Canada! 

Chop,,,chop...chop...is the sound of the paddle as it goes into the ice.   Push,,,push...push...is the power from the shoulder as it drives the chopping paddle over the ice.   Drive,,,drive....drive...goes the voice in the head as you work your way out of the ice, with the chopping and the pushing.

Its a very surreal feeling being stuck in an ice pack, way out on the big water.   I'M STUCK!!!!!!!

WORK,,,WORK....WORK....THATS THE ONLY WAY OUT!

theres a childrens song that sounds like that.. 

modern age smoodern age... imperial measurements are the way to go... they make no sense and the maths is hard.. just how it should be!

27 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Keep on paddlin'.

You obviously aren't an English teacher Kman. That is a teacher of English as opposed to a teacher from England.

rldfsignature.jpg

17 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You obviously aren't an English teacher Kman. That is a teacher of English as opposed to a teacher from England.

You know I only teach Canadian...the true path of knowledge!

On 20/05/2019 at 17:12, Jayme2020 said:

Excellent news. Wonder what their name will be... Ottawa Otters? Beavers?

Ottawa Stags sounds kind of nice, honours the heritage and legacy of the L1 Team they purchased ??

Archived