1895 Cup

750VFR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Barroooww said:

First half horrendous, second half the total opposite. Credit to Bradford’s young lads who kept going til the end they did their club proud. The 7 position concerns me though as watts did not look comfortable at all there. Hopefully get a loan player in soon! Special mentions tonight to big Alec, Danny morrow, Dan toal and Jamie Dallimore who’s kicking game was immense tonight. 

Up The Raiders

We'll struggle against better players without a 7 as puara isn't the answer. Thought both wingers were excellent today both taking plenty of ball in. Glad to see spedding get on the score sheet and an assist at the end will build the lads confidence 

Let’s not get carried away against Bradford’s reserves side. Dallimore has finally found his level !! The 1st half was very poor but scored some good tries in the 2nd half 

Susio & jono Smith morrow really good tonight 

1st half

3 handling errors 1st 7 minutes

4th one in the 14th

2 knock ons off drop outs 

A knock on/awful pass on kick returns

2nd rows kicking last tackle

For their try it was knock on ... penalty try.

2nd half..

6 completed sets on the trot from kick off all with repeat sets or tries at the end of them. No errors until around the 54th minute.

Scored 20 points in that spell and gained 3 penalties

This game isnt rocket science. 

Well done Barrow.

Well done Bradford. 

17 minutes ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

Bradford totally out enthused us in the first half, wasnt good to watch! 2nd half totally different, must have got a good bollocking at half time. Jono Smith was outstanding at both 2nd row and hooker! Susino immense in 2nd half and was good to see Dallimore play a more unstructured game.

Think that was always going happen first half they all got the nod in a so called first team game. They'll have been buzzing and pumped up but that only takes you so far when you don't have the size or experience yet.

dallimore was a class above but then so he should be. Keeps the winning mentality at your club which is a good mentality to have. Was some nice tries scored tonight where barrow could probably try different moves in a match maybe why knocks on happen a lot first half trying stuff you normally wouldn't well you got that hit out.

4 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Think that was always going happen first half they all got the nod in a so called first team game. They'll have been buzzing and pumped up but that only takes you so far when you don't have the size or experience yet.

dallimore was a class above but then so he should be. Keeps the winning mentality at your club which is a good mentality to have. Was some nice tries scored tonight where barrow could probably try different moves in a match maybe why knocks on happen a lot first half trying stuff you normally wouldn't well you got that hit out.

Thought your number 15 was very good tonight. Is he a first teamer on his way back to fitness? 

1 minute ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Thought your number 15 was very good tonight. Is he a first teamer on his way back to fitness? 

Bustin is reserve player but he is on his way back to fitness if he gets fitness he will get into are first team once fit he's a big unit. 

I bumped into a couple of bosses from work at the match who don't normally come to games. They'd brought along a group of 10-15 Americans who are over here for a meeting and I'm told they bloody loved it!

They couldn't believe how hard they go in at each other, compared to the Gridiron stuff they're used to.

They certainly got an 80 minute glimpse into what it's like being a Raiders fan: The best and worst all crammed into one game - Clown car in the first half, Rolls Royce in the second half.

I did wonder if the first half performance was down to a lot of the lads probably having worked all day and then had to get their heads into playing a game of rugby, unlike the weekend matches when the whole day will just be about rugby for them?

Anyway it was a brilliant second half to watch.

The Bradford youngsters done there club proud there were some fantastic performances from a number of there young lads the bulls will be back up in super league with the size and speed of these kids barrow once again error after error then vintage play when toal,walker and sisino came on and Jono at scrum half that bloke is a fabulous team player deserves all the plaudits he gets 

w

Couldn't get to the game unfortunately but watched the whole game on phone in App Our League. Coverage in both stream and commentary were brilliant.

Certainly in the 2nd half Raders played some lovely rugby. I thought MOM were Smith & Dally. Susino had a good game but they all did in the 2nd half.

Good to see over 1,000 again but the main stand seemed very scarce of spectators.

Before the Rochdale game the players, coaching staff and particularly Cresta took a lot of stick from quite a few on here. I know that we played bottom of the league and an U19s but you can only play what's in front of you. Any game has to be won.

The Bradford coach selected his squad for the match, and I'm sure he had his reasons. Paul crarey picked his squad, and he had his reasons, I know which one I think was right, and would always back Paul 100%. As for Bradford, as the saying goes, you make your bed, and have to lay in it.

2 hours ago, Penno said:

I did wonder if the first half performance was down to a lot of the lads probably having worked all day and then had to get their heads into playing a game of rugby, unlike the weekend matches when the whole day will just be about rugby for them?

Anyway it was a brilliant second half to watch.

The bradford lot had no doubt worked/college/school and had a 3 hour bus journey? They didnt seem overly perturbed.

If so, could argue Bradford tired 2nd because of their journey over... 

Really.... 

If anything their "heads" probably thought we are playing kids, this will be a walkover .... 

Barrow were cack 1st half 

Bradford were made to look cack 2nd half by a good performance 

2 hours ago, alba said:

The Bradford coach selected his squad for the match, and I'm sure he had his reasons. Paul crarey picked his squad, and he had his reasons, I know which one I think was right, and would always back Paul 100%. As for Bradford, as the saying goes, you make your bed, and have to lay in it.

Difference been barrow had a ten day rest bulls had a 3 day turn around. Also the reason bradford picked the team they did has a more important game against Batley in the league on Sunday why make them play 3 times in a week when you can rest them. We can now concentrate on the league with no extra games overall let's see who made the right choice. This could come back and bite barrow your currently in a relegation scrap although you need the winning mentality do you really want more games?

16 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Difference been barrow had a ten day rest bulls had a 3 day turn around. Also the reason bradford picked the team they did has a more important game against Batley in the league on Sunday why make them play 3 times in a week when you can rest them. We can now concentrate on the league with no extra games overall let's see who made the right choice. This could come back and bite barrow your currently in a relegation scrap although you need the winning mentality do you really want more games?

Barrow don't have the luxury of a reserve side. We basically pick a side each week from the 19/20 players who are fit and available. 

Hopefully in the not too distant future we will have a reserve side.

Some impressive youngsters in the Bradford side last night.

2 hours ago, B4RR0W said:

The bradford lot had no doubt worked/college/school and had a 3 hour bus journey? They didnt seem overly perturbed.

If so, could argue Bradford tired 2nd because of their journey over... 

Really.... 

If anything their "heads" probably thought we are playing kids, this will be a walkover .... 

Barrow were cack 1st half 

Bradford were made to look cack 2nd half by a good performance 

Also possible, like half empty or half full.

Great 2nd half ... I thought Jono was a revelation at acting halfback .............gave us a much quicker go forward during the sets. Thought all the forwards were immense in that 2nd half and Dally had his best game for quite some time.

The Bradford Nos 10 and 15 look like 1st team material

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Leigh away on the Wednesday night. Toulouse on the saturday. Following week a must win home game against Dewsbury...

Hang on, let me get my Bradford excuses out.....

Won't someone think of the player welfare!

Since Mr Beaumont is involved with both our next opponents in this competition, and the comp sponsor, one assumes there will be quite an effort by Leigh to get to Wembley. 

David Taylor

@750VFR

59 minutes ago, Bearman said:

With a 50/50 split of the gate we might make a few quid.

(Do a Bradford and send a kids team to concentrate on the league?)

We don't have a kids team. At times this season we've struggled to field a first team.

If we have to put out most of our guys, we might as well have a pop at it.

Archived