Match Thread: Halifax v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 30th June 2019

marklaspalmas

I hate losing. Especially like that. The only way to get over it is to move on to the next game.

Halifax. Out of the Top 5 but in the Cup Semi-finals. It's never easy for us at the Shay.

But our performance will tell us a lot about the rest of the season. Was Barrow a blip, or something more serious?

The squad? Bit early to say, but Davies & Teteh didn't make the 19. Golding missed out too. All injured? Will Briscoe be back? Leeds are still really struggling.

Will Carr make some changes? Plenty of players were below their normal standard last match.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was a very hard watch last week.

Difficult to pinpoint exactly why although the number of unforced errors was off the scale. Not one or two repeat offenders, but nine or ten players making one bad error (handling or kicking) all in the same game.

It does seem harder at this level to "get up" for games against teams that, on the basis of their league position, don't seem to be top 5 candidates...so if they turn up to play, and perform better than their league position indictaes (as was the case with Dewsbury & Barrow,, both of whom played really well), we get found out.

I do think there were signs that we had gone a bit off the boil against Sheffield and Widnes to be honest, even though we won both games by fair margins in the end. Let's hope Barrow was a wake-up call.

MLP says it's never easy for us at the Shay and yes it's always a battle there but until last year I think we had won 10 on the bounce in the league at Fax. Let's hope normal service can be resumed next week

It would be nice to bring a bit more zip into the forwards for Fax 

Davis hit the ball at speed and Bussey can line break and off load. 

Is Bussey’s arm injury progressing - nothing reported ?

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im afraid for us it will be an easy Fev win this year. 

Why? With the squad Fax have we are capable of beating anyone in this league. The trouble is I've been saying that all season and I can count on one hand the amount of times we've put a decent 80 minute performance together. It's time for a change and i for one am confident for this game. I'm looking forward to a cracking game and a few ???? with my Fev friends. Up The Fax ❗?

The warning sign of a slide began at Sheffield and continued into the Widnes game despite two good results. The defensive display against Widnes means nothing now after the Barrow performance and carry on the handling mistakes at Fax then we are in trouble. The old adage of that you are only as good as your last game is certainly true and we need a vast improvement this week.

8 hours ago, haskey said:

Not necessarily Oxy boy , You didn't watch the shambles of a performance last week by Fev

No but Ive watched the shambles of most of our performances this season so in my eyes Fev will look to put right the wrongs of last week where as we will just go about the game as normal which means we will play well for 20 minutes and the rest will be spent making unforced errors, giving penalties away, and probably completing somewhere about the 50% mark.

58 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

No but Ive watched the shambles of most of our performances this season so in my eyes Fev will look to put right the wrongs of last week where as we will just go about the game as normal which means we will play well for 20 minutes and the rest will be spent making unforced errors, giving penalties away, and probably completing somewhere about the 50% mark.

Twenty minutes will be fine Oxy. With the way we played last week. Thats not to take anything away from a very good Barrow performance.

12 minutes ago, haskey said:

Not the oxy boy we know , knocking your team like that. methinks you should cut down on the amber nectar.

Our performances this year have turned me to the bottle.??

Seriously though I probably expected as much from this season as I have ever done any of our seasons in this league, especially what had happened at other clubs, so to turn out like this has been disappointing to say the least.

25 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Our performances this year have turned me to the bottle.??

Seriously though I probably expected as much from this season as I have ever done any of our seasons in this league, especially what had happened at other clubs, so to turn out like this has been disappointing to say the least.

IF St Helens get three players sent off in the semi final and you get to Wembley then you'll be singing a different tune Oxy?? Seriously though you've got your spot in the limelight and I certainly wouldnt count you out of the top five yet.

Archived