St Helens Final Tickets.

If you can believe the graphics on RLtickets - shame one has to include this caveat - then Saints have shifted an awful lot of tickets in 2/3 days. Well done.

I do hope its not the usual RFL trick of pretending tickets are sold,when actually they haven't been made available or they have been 'given' to individuals/groups who have no intention of turning up.

However,if accurate,then it will be a substantial turn out from Saints.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, saintspete83 said:

Not been there for a long time and alot of dormant fans will be out. There genuinely could be 25-30k on the way down. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Given the followings we’ve had in Perpignan and London twice this year, I wouldn’t be surprised to see 25k Saints fans. 

Yeah, I'd expect that kind of number.

Even though Wire have a bit of Wemnley fatigue I'd hope our numbers will be up on the last couple of visits and be at least 20k. 

Hopefully 50k between the two teams minimum. Maybe 5k for Widnes and Sheffield? Then we are looking at neutrals to attend in big numbers, which hopefully they will as it is a different final between the current top 2.

I'd be disappointed if we cant top the 75k mark, if we could push through 80k that'd be very good.

It looks like they have around 65 to 70k seats on sale at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, I'd expect that kind of number.

Even though Wire have a bit of Wemnley fatigue I'd hope our numbers will be up on the last couple of visits and be at least 20k. 

Hopefully 50k between the two teams minimum. Maybe 5k for Widnes and Sheffield? Then we are looking at neutrals to attend in big numbers, which hopefully they will as it is a different final between the current top 2.

I'd be disappointed if we cant top the 75k mark, if we could push through 80k that'd be very good.

It looks like they have around 65 to 70k seats on sale at the moment.

I think 70k is certainly achievable. 2 local rivals meeting in a final for the first time. I just hope that the RFL  do not sit back and put no effort into the finals promotion due to the fact that 2 well supported sides are playing. Listening to RR on last week's BBC podcast he claimed that usually 20% (I think) of the sales was from around the London area and that London has a huge "event attending" population. Well Ralph its over to you. 

16 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

I think 70k is certainly achievable. 2 local rivals meeting in a final for the first time. I just hope that the RFL  do not sit back and put no effort into the finals promotion due to the fact that 2 well supported sides are playing. Listening to RR on last week's BBC podcast he claimed that usually 20% (I think) of the sales was from around the London area and that London has a huge "event attending" population. Well Ralph its over to you. 

Yep the public in the south do love an occasion.

I attended a RU club league game at Wembley about 4 or 5 years ago and there was about 85K there (Quinns v Sarries I think). Most of the people around me didn't know much about Rugby or even new any players but as the RU did a great job of publicising the game they came out in numbers.

I was board stiff by the way - awful sport to watch.

I think we'll take a lot of fans to this one. A whole generation of our fans have never seen us in a Cup final and a lot of our latent fanbase will be attracted to a Wembley final have gone (relatively) a while without one.

This will be Warrington's sixth Cup final in the last decade, so understandably their following may be a little less. But with Widnes hopefully taking a healthy contingent too, I'd hope for a crowd of 75,000 +

Here's how Saints sales are looking, but important to bear in mind that a lot of fans use the pre-booking service Saints offer (i.e. reserving tickets in the event of a semi final win). And before anyone starts, we do it at this stage of the competition each time we reach it!

Picture1.png

4 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

Not been there for a long time and alot of dormant fans will be out. There genuinely could be 25-30k on the way down. 

Interesting... I said the same thing last year after the poor attendance and was laughed at on this very site!!!

45 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Tickets still too cheap and discounting kids seats to that extent for the cheap seats is just nonsense.

How long are the RFL tied themselves to Wembley?

Unlike the 50 quid ST that is both home and away games 

5 hours ago, cookey said:

If you can believe the graphics on RLtickets - shame one has to include this caveat - then Saints have shifted an awful lot of tickets in 2/3 days. Well done.

I do hope its not the usual RFL trick of pretending tickets are sold,when actually they haven't been made available or they have been 'given' to individuals/groups who have no intention of turning up.

However,if accurate,then it will be a substantial turn out from Saints.

The RFL ticket  page doesn't seem to have changed for few weeks now, apart from the sections reserved for the clubs most of the rest have been unavailable. Drawing Halifax encouraged a lot to buy early from the RFL.

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

I think we'll take a lot of fans to this one. A whole generation of our fans have never seen us in a Cup final and a lot of our latent fanbase will be attracted to a Wembley final have gone (relatively) a while without one.

This will be Warrington's sixth Cup final in the last decade, so understandably their following may be a little less. But with Widnes hopefully taking a healthy contingent too, I'd hope for a crowd of 75,000 +

Here's how Saints sales are looking, but important to bear in mind that a lot of fans use the pre-booking service Saints offer (i.e. reserving tickets in the event of a semi final win). And before anyone starts, we do it at this stage of the competition each time we reach it!

Picture1.png

Just went on the ticket site and the sold out areas are not sold out.

Did look pretty full though and can see the top south stand being opened soon

Just now, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

When you have around 20,000 seats going unsold, how are the tickets too cheap?

True cheap tickets and memories made which will inspire future players and fans not to mention the food and drink they will buy.

Also 43 quid a coach ticket is like 2200 quid for a coach that would cost 750 tops if you were to private hire for the day...

The pricing structure has really changed for Wembley finals over the last decade. You used to be able to get cheap tickets in the lower tier, yet the cheapest adult ticket is 50 quid there. These re the most popular areas that sell out. The whole lower tier is 50 to 80 for adults now, so that is probably covering the concession rates. 

The empty sections are generally the cheap les desirable upper tier sections now, so hopefully they are getting the pricing structures better.

I remember paying £40 - £45 for the first of the Wires recent finals at the new Wembley.  Same tix now £50.  The RFL need to keep the prices reasonable for us northerners to venture down to the capital. You still may see the groupon offers on the run in to the final to give sales another push. 

I can see Saints fans easily outnumbering Wire for this final being a new experience for many of their fans.  Same when Wire first went in 2009

7 hours ago, Tiger Wolf said:

I remember paying £40 - £45 for the first of the Wires recent finals at the new Wembley.  Same tix now £50.  The RFL need to keep the prices reasonable for us northerners to venture down to the capital. You still may see the groupon offers on the run in to the final to give sales another push. 

I can see Saints fans easily outnumbering Wire for this final being a new experience for many of their fans.  Same when Wire first went in 2009

This plan shows that lower tier behind the sticks was £26-31 for that first game 10 years ago.

£50 now.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/4536208.warrington-wolves-fans-wembley-tickets-coach-and-train-travel-hotel-package/

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

This plan shows that lower tier behind the sticks was £26-31 for that first game 10 years ago.

£50 now.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/4536208.warrington-wolves-fans-wembley-tickets-coach-and-train-travel-hotel-package/

The lower tier is the best place to sit, it was bizarre they were previously the cheap tickets 

The graphic on  Rugby League Tickets seems to give an up to date state of ticket sales in all parts of the stadium,albeit that the upper South Stand appears closedat present. Otherwise,sales appear good. However,most hotel sites I go on only seem to have one room available.

Just now, cookey said:

The graphic on  Rugby League Tickets seems to give an up to date state of ticket sales in all parts of the stadium,albeit that the upper South Stand appears closedat present. Otherwise,sales appear good. However,most hotel sites I go on only seem to have one room available.

What we should remember for the sites is that often blocks showing as sold may simply be allocated to clubs and companies for sale and not actually sold.

I was considering going if I could get hold of Club Wembley seats, which is now impossible so I will be peed off if that isnt completely full come matchday!

Archived