Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

24 Aug: Coral Challenge Cup Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • St Helens by 13 points or more
      45
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
      21
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
      2
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
      8
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
      2
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more
      1

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 14:00

Recommended Posts

Edit - fed up with silly posts, sorry.

I was at Headingley on Friday and nobody is talking about the empty seats. We had a side on view and had to deal with drunken idiots all day. My ticket for the cup final on Saturday was literally half the cost of a day at the cricket and we had fantastic seats on the half way line.

I don't get how people are willing to disparage the cup final. It was played in a wonderful stadium in what felt like a great atmosphere and we've not seen a single negative word on this thread about fan behaviour etc. 

FFS sake let's talk our game up and stop posting bobbins about Bernard Cribbins. It's so frustrating.

 

Edited by Leeds Wire
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

Edit - fed up with silly posts, sorry.

I was at Headingley on Friday and nobody is talking about the empty seats. My ticket for the cup final on Saturday was literally half the cost of a day at the cricket and we had fantastic seats on the half way line. At the cricket we had a side on view and had to deal with drunken idiots all day.

I don't get how people are willing to disparage the cup final. It was played in a wonderful stadium in what felt like a great atmosphere and we've not seen a single negative word on this thread about fan behaviour etc. 

FFS sake let's talk our game up and stop posting bobbins about Bernard Cribbins. It's so frustrating.

Agreed. On all points.

The Bernard Cribbins stuff was funny a fortnight ago. Now it’s just off topic and annoying. No more, please.

  • Like 1

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all the upset at Saints about the Wembley referee and officials it reminds me again of John Monie's quote "Only critisise the referee when you've won"

Always liked that one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 18:38, Just Browny said:

It was a war of attrition and our fitness proved better than Saints'. We had both first-choice halfbacks out and Currie at stand-off. St Helens' "one-out run by a winger" approach in the 2nd half was perhaps more exciting, but we shut it down fairly easily.

I'm sure it's been picked up elsewhere in this thread already, and i'm surprised that the commentators didn't spot it but Currie was named at 6 but played the whole game at his usual left second row position. At no point did he play as a stand off. Jack Hughes played 6 all game, albeit Ratchford stepped in on tackle 5 to share the kicking with Dec P.

Presumably Currie was named at 6 to mislead Saints and keep them guessing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nathanwood7 said:

I'm sure it's been picked up elsewhere in this thread already, and i'm surprised that the commentators didn't spot it but Currie was named at 6 but played the whole game at his usual left second row position. At no point did he play as a stand off. Jack Hughes played 6 all game, albeit Ratchford stepped in on tackle 5 to share the kicking with Dec P.

Presumably Currie was named at 6 to mislead Saints and keep them guessing.

Yes, it was weird that the commentary tram didnt explain this. Hughes played a very good game at 6, it was a lovely pass for BMS's try.

Edited by Dave T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching the game back for the 4th time, really surprised how little attention and plaudits bryson goodwin has got for that tackle on tommy makinson,  who has has been scoring theatrical tries for nearly  4 seasons and no one has been able to get near him. 

 

It was amazing defence   and up there with tackle 52.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Just watching the game back for the 4th time, really surprised how little attention and plaudits bryson goodwin has got for that tackle on tommy makinson,  who has has been scoring theatrical tries for nearly  4 seasons and no one has been able to get near him. 

 

It was amazing defence   and up there with tackle 52.

He got plenty of plaudits from the Warrington fans who were sat next to me and deservedly so


100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2019 at 04:19, Oxford said:

I must admit I'm very impressed with how well the Saints have taken their loss.

Are you Eddie Hemmings in disguise? It's simply 'Saints' not 'the Saints', a real pet hate of mine!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...