2020 Challenge Cup fixture dates

3 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Wonder if they'll play the Magic Weekend later in the season now with the Cup rounds being moved forward? Keeping it at the end of May bank holiday slot so close to the new CCSFs would be daft.

Thinking about it, if the Magic Weekend was this weekend just gone, you'd have had a pretty good attendance I reckon. The way this season has gone, people would be far more interested in watching every game as they ask affect your own much more at this stage. Might be a better slot for it.

For the umpteenth time Wellsy , finding a football venue willing to have 6 games of RL on their pitch other than in May would be very difficult 

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m referring only to the final, as I thought was clear in my earlier post. You’ve kind of answered your own point in mentioning the heartlands and the Grand Final, where accommodation is unlikely to be necessary and travel is generally a fixed price, a complete contrast to Wembley.

I’ve got back from London in the last 20 minutes. First Challenge Cup Final I’ve attended and I’ve got little change from £400, and that’s after booking train tickets (with a Railcard) the day they went on sale and spending two nights in a Travelodge in Cricklewood. We pre-booked everything in the hope of Leigh reaching the 1895 final but there’s no way on earth I’d get away with risking that sort of money every year as a “just in case” scenario. I’m sure plenty of others will be in the same boat and appreciate even that extra week or two to get a better chance of cheaper prices if they’re lucky enough to reach the final. 

jesus.. i had my family and mother in law (5 of us).. stayed just off hyde park and my wife, daughter and mother-in-law all went to see Matilda in the West end while me and the lad went to the finals and I have change from £500!

On 26/08/2019 at 00:17, Man of Kent said:

1st Round w/c Jan 6

2nd Round w/c Jan 20

3rd Round w/c Feb 3

4th Round Feb 22-23

5th Round w/c Mar 9

6th Round Apr 2-5

QF w/c May 4

SF Jun 6/7

Final Jul 18

An even bigger gap between the semis and final, then. Don’t really understand why.

I hope the Quarter Finals are Star Wars as per the Marvels super hero style for magic weekend.

5 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Millennium Stadium?

That's what he suggested on the other thread , just pointing out it isn't as simple as just picking any date or venue , a 6 game event has limits as to where and when 

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

For the umpteenth time Wellsy , finding a football venue willing to have 6 games of RL on their pitch other than in May would be very difficult 

8 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Millennium Stadium?

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

That's what he suggested on the other thread , just pointing out it isn't as simple as just picking any date or venue , a 6 game event has limits as to where and when 

Where did I suggest it was simple?

Surely though, out isn't being the realms of madness to consider a preferred time of year and then work around that rather than pick a venue and only to be at their mercy.

So yeah, not quite sure why it has to be a football stadium when it could be Millennium or Murrayfield.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

14 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Surely though, out isn't being the realms of madness to consider a preferred time of year and then work around that rather than pick a venue and only to be at their mercy.

So yeah, not quite sure why it has to be a football stadium when it could be Millennium or Murrayfield.

So we either go with venue first or time of year first ?

20 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

He seems quite het up. Probably pitching for the LSV to get it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

19 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

He seems quite het up. Probably pitching for the LSV to get it.

' het up ' ? , Me ? , Don't be daft , but it is like the old " let's have 13 clubs in SL " suggestions , which then negate Magic , quite often it's like people picking out random places or times without thinking of any consequences , it's been pointed out so many times that while OT allow one match ( is it 2 in a WC/Tri nations year ) , that's all they'll do , they certainly wouldn't let 6 in 2 days , and neither would any other top club outside of a small time slot at the end of the football season

But no doubt somebody will be suggesting the Emirates in February shortly ?

Random question but does anybody offer any kind of ‘season tickets’ for the Challenge Cup. For example, three or four rounds for one set price. 

The clubs could offer this, but the tickets could be valid for any match in that round, so if your team is knocked out, you could go to watch the match of your choice in the next round?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1st Round w/c Jan 6

2nd Round w/c Jan 20

3rd Round w/c Feb 3  - League 1 entry

4th Round Feb 22-23 - Championship entry

5th Round  Mar 15-16   (Last year it was bottom 4 SL)

6th Round Apr 2-5  (Last year it was bottom 4 SL)

QF  30th Apr May 1 - 3

SF Jun 6/7

Final Jul 18

Pretty certain the dates may have been tweaked as per the above 

The above is based on SL and Championship regular rounds dates

On 26/08/2019 at 10:50, Spidey said:

Three rounds of the cup for amateurs before their season starts ?

Apart from the amateur aspect, that's not much different to the qualifying rounds in European football competitions to be fair - see how we go with the schedule maybe and then if it doesn't work see how to improve things imho.

Archived