Sign in to follow this  
Manxmanc

New York/Ottawa Rugby League - signs of activity

On 31/12/2019 at 11:29, Kayakman said:

Now..now....we all know you will come around eventually.

I hope for the future of game, you also come around. Until then we live in hope.

On 31/12/2019 at 12:45, aj1908 said:

Did you see the photos above.  They eat anything.  My sister has a restaurant they get stuff from there.  

One of them ate a tennis ball and a mattress at different times.  Cost me thousands at the vet to open him up and get what was left out lol.

As do Goats..

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Not a fan of the guy.....

Me neither.

He left RL to go to a newly created AFL club that was strategically placed in RL territory and he must have known he was there purely to attract RL fans to try a new code.  He got paid a reputedly $1m a season to be the recruitment boy that was to bite the hand that had fed him.

Sod him.

Edit - I would have had no problem with going to the Waratahs straight from RL as the Waratahs were already established.

Edited by Adelaide Tiger

The Brand. The Rampage sounds good!

The branding is as iconic as New York City itself and includes a number of references to the city within its design and colours. 

and

"Now prepping the Ottawa franchise, Perez said he will step down from the Wolfpack’s board of directors while maintaining a minority ownership role. David Argyle, a Toronto-based Australian entrepreneur, heads up the Wolfpack ownership group. "

"Rugby league is the 13-man version of the game, distinct from 15-man rugby union. " 

I'll say ..... "It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

Edited by Oxford

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Incidentally I hope you heard the TRL Forum reference on that podcast. 

Where's that haha?

5 hours ago, Pulga said:

No way they can use "Bulls" playing in the same stadium as the New York Red Bulls.

Rampage is pretty cheesy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

Great name if that’s what it is. 

I agree and it makes a welcome change from the usual range of names that we see and hear.

2 hours ago, Pulga said:

No idea who Moley is but great if it’s true, glad they haven’t been put off by TWP’s current issues. It would be great to see them both in a 14 or even 16 team SL in a few years time - 10 English, 2 French and 2 Canadian teams would be superb. 

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

There won’t be. It’s a rumour at the minute. 

Looks like a load of ######, for a start Perez has made it very clear that they won’t be called the Stags. 

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No idea who Moley is but great if it’s true, glad they haven’t been put off by TWP’s current issues. It would be great to see them both in a 14 or even 16 team SL in a few years time - 10 English, 2 French and 2 Canadian teams would be superb. 

Moley is the RL mole in Australia, a journo reknowned for getting the scoops earlier than most. He tagged the wrong Ottawa thing though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Time for a North American League...

with NY, just need 5 more clubs.

An 8 team league would be awful! 

3 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Time for a North American League...

with NY, just need 5 more clubs.

People can shoot me down but a sixteen team Super League made up or four conferences of four would suit me. 

• Like 3