Sign in to follow this  
Manxmanc

New York/Ottawa Rugby League - signs of activity

9 hours ago, aj1908 said:

toronto must be listening to you.  they re-signed quinn nwgati.  which country is that lad from ?

torontos job is to be as strong as possible on the field, not get canadian ring ins to pretend to be something they arent.

with all the other obstacles placed in their path, surely signing the best players they can is the smart thing to do for a newly established club in a country where the sport is trying to grow ?

as i said before, the melbourne storm have established a presence in melbourne.  they have produced 2 nrl players i think in 20 years.  the people of melbourne dont care.  their success has brought in the crowds and established the club.  same as what toronto are trying to do

Is that the Melbourne in Australia , where they play RL ?

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

A timely intervention, acknowledging the Melbournes in Ontario and Quebec.

52 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Nope....Melbourne, Ontario:

Melbourne is a small community located within Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada. It lies on the boundary between two municipalities, Strathroy-Caradoc and Southwest Middlesex. About half the population of Melbourne lives in each municipality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Nope....Melbourne, Ontario:

Melbourne is a small community located within Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada. It lies on the boundary between two municipalities, Strathroy-Caradoc and Southwest Middlesex. About half the population of Melbourne lives in each municipality.

And ?

Just now, Kayakman said:

What do you mean 'And?'?????

What actual contribution to the discussion does pointing out there is a Mebourne in Canada achieve ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

What actual contribution to the discussion does pointing out there is a Mebourne in Canada achieve ?

I will answer your question but :

“First, You Have to Do These Things I Say”

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

What has the last 5 pages had to do with the thread title ?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

What has the last 5 pages had to do with the thread title ?

Threads drift as you know , I responded to the much used argument of using Melbourne as an example for clubs not producing players , but Melbourne is in a country that does produce players , Toronto are in a country that doesn't 

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Threads drift as you know , I responded to the much used argument of using Melbourne as an example for clubs not producing players , but Melbourne is in a country that does produce players , Toronto are in a country that doesn't 

Why does it matter if the country produces players if the huge area doesn't? It didn't seem to matter when London didn't have too many of their own products in their first team.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

yes lol hence the reference to melbourne storm

Edited by aj1908

whats the difference ? it shows clubs dont need to get locals for fans to  be interested.  i think wolfpack fans would rather a team of imports who wins games, than a team of canadians who lose every game.

its like saying clubs should only rely on their own juniors.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You forgot to finish your statement at the end there Gubs....add in ......'yet'.

CORRECTION PLEASE NEGATE (Quinn is now signed)

Please make the necessary edits to your now disproven statement Gubs.
Come on now...own up.

Eat that crow.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You forgot to finish your statement at the end there Gubs....add in ......'yet'.

CORRECTION PLEASE NEGATE (Quinn is now signed)

Please make the necessary edits to your now disproven statement Gubs.
Come on now...own up.

Eat that crow.

call him starbug.  he was a much happier poster under that username lol.  

6 hours ago, aj1908 said:

whats the difference ? it shows clubs dont need to get locals for fans to  be interested.  i think wolfpack fans would rather a team of imports who wins games, than a team of canadians who lose every game.

its like saying clubs should only rely on their own juniors.  

Not the point of discussion , which you know 

23 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have said on more than one occasion we really need to see and learn from Toronto before opening the doors to other teams in virgin territories, anyone who thinks everything is going to be rosy are deluding themselves there will be pluses and there will be mistakes, 3 years of a yet to be signed off prototype is not enough time to evaluate the process and go into full production, and all the while the supply chain is faltering, that needs to be addressed at source not just hoping that a couple of new outlets will appease the situation.

Although i agree we need to learn from toronto only using one prototype and testing against a signular variable will not produce the best results and could lead to unexpected outcomes in the future. You really need a minimum of 2 or 3 more to give a better idea. 

With Ottawa and new York would Toronto keep players based in Canada?

Would additional teams help/increase the growth of the community game?

Can a team from North America grow a team and not buy it, and how would this effect it's support base?

Would more teams mean a tv deal? 

With more North America teams would the Toronto effect still occur at British teams?

With more well know places in America having teams would the sport become more popular in the UK, exotic factor like the nfl?

More importantly is Toronto the exception and there simply isn't any interest in rugby league in North America?

There are lots more questions that simply having one team doesn't answer.

• Like 2

Given the behavior of the RFL you have to seriously question if they really want foreign expansion at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

Given the behavior of the RFL you have to seriously question if they really want foreign expansion at all.

Given the behaviour of RL as a whole you have to seriously question everything about everyone's intentions and goals!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

Then take the NRL route. They won’t touch you with a barge pole.

36 minutes ago, SL17 said:

They should.be in the nrl.  They could make ot.in the nrl too

1 hour ago, aj1908 said:

They should.be in the nrl.  They could make ot.in the nrl too

Lol.. Why do you think they are in UK?? Get real..

Billionaire can’t build a team. 

Tough..

Edited by SL17

2 hours ago, SL17 said:

If TWP continues to thrive, Ottawa and New York are successful and there are rumblings of other North American teams starting up (Boston, Philadelphia, Jacksonville) and the RFL continues to concentrate on the M62 I can very well see Argyle leading the whole bunch into creating a new North American conference of the NRL.

Who would then raid Super League for every decent player they have.

8 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

If TWP continues to thrive, Ottawa and New York are successful and there are rumblings of other North American teams starting up (Boston, Philadelphia, Jacksonville) and the RFL continues to concentrate on the M62 I can very well see Argyle leading the whole bunch into creating a new North American conference of the NRL.

Who would then raid Super League for every decent player they have.

Good luck..

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Lol.. Why do you think they are in UK?? Get real..

Billionaire can’t build a team. 

Tough..

travel would be prohibitive.

their team has finished top of every division they have played in 3 years running