Trains, Planes & Automobiles

Ever been underwhelmed by a replica of a famous vehicle where the effort clearly wasn't put in?

Here's the remedy!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

One of the few good bits from the movie Condorman. A customised Nova versus five Porsches.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:kolobok_biggrin:

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 months later...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 month later...

My neighbourhood just got buzzed by one of the only two surviving airworthy Avro Lancasters. Not the lowest it's been over my roof, but still loud enough to startle.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

45 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

My neighbourhood just got buzzed by one of the only two surviving airworthy Avro Lancasters. Not the lowest it's been over my roof, but still loud enough to startle.

Awesome 

• 1 month later...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/hull-train-stations-historic-platform-8640008

Network Rail have announced they are reopening platform 1 at Hull Interchange. The platform is grade 2 listed because of its historical role in moving immigrants from the continent to America during the 19th and early 20th centuries. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Red Baron had better look out!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 5 weeks later...

My video of flying into Manchester from Preveza Greece on Sunday.

Manchester Landing

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 2 weeks later...

This the O'ptasia luxury holiday yacht it is available for hire at € 900,000/week. I took these photos from our villa when it was moored at Nidri on the Greek Island of Lefkas.

IMG_0238sm-600x400.jpg IMG_0257sm-600x400.jpg IMG_0269sm-600x400.jpg

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 3 weeks later...

The last English Riviera Express service, punching its way through Storm Babet a few days ago.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two more "Superloop" bus routes began operations in London today, attempting to make it easier to get around the outer boroughs on public transport without having to change multiple routes or go in to the city, then out again.

https://www.london.gov.uk/programmes-strategies/transport/superloop-connecting-outer-london-boroughs-more-quickly

I travelled on SL10 from Hendon to Finchley and it knocked about 10 minutes off the journey time by other available routes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing better to do on a grey morning than visit the UK's newest station. Brent Cross West opened today. It also serves as a safe and well-lit footbridge across the railway between the retail park and the new town centre that's currently being built. Here's a shot of the bridge, looking towards the central section where the ticket office and gates are, plus a shot of the Staples Corner pagoda.

MW8YWVi.jpg

JVs5GUa.jpg

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It did its job in preventing any actually useful public transport being commissioned.

The Boring Company is the biggest scam going on that front. For some reason local authorities keep falling for it, it's painful to see.

22 hours ago, M j M said:

The Boring Company is the biggest scam going on that front. For some reason local authorities keep falling for it, it's painful to see.

I checked there website yesterday looking for something else and they appear to have  no current projects. Perhaps this is a rare moment of sanity prevailing over hype.

https://www.boringcompany.com/projects

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a week in which there was lots of praise for the structural integrity of the a350 Boeing's beloved 737 Max decides to show the quality of under-regulated American workmanship.

This was a brand new (delivered October) plane. The piece missing is a plugged (unused and supposedly sealed on this plane) emergency exit door. Had the adjacent seat not been empty the person sitting there would have been lucky to survive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, M j M said:

After a week in which there was lots of praise for the structural integrity of the a350 Boeing's beloved 737 Max decides to show the quality of under-regulated American workmanship.

This was a brand new (delivered October) plane. The piece missing is a plugged (unused and supposedly sealed on this plane) emergency exit door. Had the adjacent seat not been empty the person sitting there would have been lucky to survive.

Always keep your seat belt on.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!