Pitch advertising

2 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I think it looks great and makes the game look more professional.  And if it enhances our ability raise sponsorship revenue then even better. 

As for the spinning wheel for try/no try what’s the issue? It raises sponsorship and isn’t particularly offensive!

Maybe they could use it to hide the lines on the Toronto pitch ?

They should spin it over TRY and then pause and jerk back to NO TRY.  That would choke a few on their cornflakes (or Boddingtons).

2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I like it, jazzes the field up a bit, adds a bit of glamour, as others have said, makes it look more professional. I would like to see the numbers on the pitch as well, don't see why they can't put numbers on pitch at all the solely rugby grounds anyway. 

As would I and I looked into why maybe they don't a while back. 

St Helen's - Should be able to but does have football played on it sometimes

Wigan - Mixed use

Leeds - RU played 

Cas - Not a full size pitch but could on 10, 20, 40m 

Wakefield - Could 

Salford - RU played 

Hull - Mixed use 

KR - Could

Hudds - Mixed use

Catalans - do already? 

London - RU played 

Warrington - Could 

Not sure what paint they use in Aus but I have noticed the New Parra stadium and Melbourne both have football played regularly that overlaps with RL and you can barely see the markings - looks awful on pitched over here. 

13 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Wigan - Mixed use

Leeds - RU played 

Wakefield - Could 

Salford - RU played 

Hull - Mixed use 

KR - Could

Hudds - Mixed use

Catalans - do already? 

London - RU played 

Warrington - Could 

Not sure what paint they use in Aus but I have noticed the New Parra stadium and Melbourne both have football played regularly that overlaps with RL and you can barely see the markings - looks awful on pitched over here. 

It does look awful when the football lines don't get scrubbed out properly over here but I always presumed it was cos football takes priority over rugby (certainly does at kcom anyway) but i would say saints and Leeds are the primary tenants of their grounds so I would hope they took precedent but unfortunately this is RL.

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

That's odd isn't it, considering they didn't on last night's and don't usually. I wonder if there is an issue with green kits and close ups and the tech?

I think having the logo visible on the close-up has only started to come in in the last few weeks, and only at certain games.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Wigan - Mixed use

Leeds - RU played 

Wakefield - Could 

Salford - RU played 

Hull - Mixed use 

KR - Could

Hudds - Mixed use

Catalans - do already? 

London - RU played 

Warrington - Could 

Interesting post, and it would be nice if the virtual markings could paint the numbers in if they're not there physically. In the meantime I'd settle for London having the actual lines painted white rather than greeny-blue while you try to ignore the white 5 and 22M ones.

14 hours ago, Dave T said:

I remember when the NRL first used them, you lost them when you zoomed in, and as that happens every tackle it looked odd and it could be a bit confusing. They soon advanced it to cover the zoom in angles too.

I’m not sure that’s right Dave. When do you think that happened? I’m sure I noticed it disappearing even this year. Could be wrong...

An idea that intrigues me is whether in future it would be possible to vary the adverts for different broadcasters to open new revenue streams. For example, when Sky Sports broadcast instead of Victoria Bitter UK viewers see Tetley's bitter. Hell, I fancied a KFC today but I've no idea what £5 gets me these days.

6 hours ago, Nomad XIII said:

An idea that intrigues me is whether in future it would be possible to vary the adverts for different broadcasters to open new revenue streams. For example, when Sky Sports broadcast instead of Victoria Bitter UK viewers see Tetley's bitter. Hell, I fancied a KFC today but I've no idea what £5 gets me these days.

I’ve never eaten so much chips and gravy from KFC as I did during RLWC 2017. 

7 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I’m not sure that’s right Dave. When do you think that happened? I’m sure I noticed it disappearing even this year. Could be wrong...

Yeah, I noticed it a while back, but obviously not at all games as per yesterday. Wonder if I saw it on test or something. Or if they backed it out.

8 hours ago, Nomad XIII said:

I think that’s possible now, when you watch Premier League abroad they have digital adverts on the grass to the side of the goals, but not here. 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

8 hours ago, Nomad XIII said:

Salmonella? 

(I'm joking, I like KFC as well!) 

9 hours ago, Nomad XIII said:

My local chips shop changed hands during the summer, and it is still empty, I walked in yesterday to see the prices, £3 for chips, and £6 for fish, that is £36 to feed a family of four. It's no wonder they are empty. A chip shop in the town centre is offering FREE sausage and chips between 1200-1400 on a Tuesday, every Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, I noticed it a while back, but obviously not at all games as per yesterday. Wonder if I saw it on test or something. Or if they backed it out.

Yeah, I see in the thread someone saying it’s new this year. Haven’t seen it yet myself. Not happening at the SCG tonight.

I guess from my position, I just don’t find it authentic. It can’t be that expensive and difficult to paint them. Just do it properly for Pete’s sake.

I had no idea they used virtual ones. I was actually admiring the paint job the other day and thinking what a great job they've done, blending those colours of the Betfred logo together. I was trying to work out how on earth they'd do it. 

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

23 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Yeah, I see in the thread someone saying it’s new this year. Haven’t seen it yet myself. Not happening at the SCG tonight.

I guess from my position, I just don’t find it authentic. It can’t be that expensive and difficult to paint them. Just do it properly for Pete’s sake.

It's just not possible to use pitch the paint at a whole load of our stadia, including Old Trafford. So this is a very effective way of getting around that whilst giving value to our sponsor.

Archived