Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
SINGE

2020 Squad and signings

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

I do love a bit of Trello.  I've tried to extol its virtues to a few people, mostly without success. 

Put it this way, it's setup as one of my favourites that I look at at this time of year 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Nobby, Crook & Hawkyard already J think there could be quite a turnover this year, making it even more difficult next season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Change is inevitable.  Throughout the years we've had people go , followed by the feeling of doom and gloom. But then the new faces have been as good. Remember the goodway, worrall, Flanagan , years? Replaced by  McAlister,  round, and cogger , ashton replaced by ford replaced by crompton.  We're in a tougher division and so we need up our standard. Hawkyard was brilliant, but like he says , he's not getting younger.  I'll be sad  to see bridge go, being local, but it happens. Let's see what happens. BTW anyone know if george Tyson is still in Oz?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Change is inevitable.  Throughout the years we've had people go , followed by the feeling of doom and gloom. But then the new faces have been as good. Remember the goodway, worrall, Flanagan , years? Replaced by  McAlister,  round, and cogger , ashton replaced by ford replaced by crompton.  We're in a tougher division and so we need up our standard. Hawkyard was brilliant, but like he says , he's not getting younger.  I'll be sad  to see bridge go, being local, but it happens. Let's see what happens. BTW anyone know if george Tyson is still in Oz?

He was at a home game a few weeks ago, think he's getting his knee done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It goes without saying every player has played his part, and in an ideal world all would get renwed, but in reality it'sa year on and it's a step up, and some are in realityh going.

Polls a re limtited to 3 questions, so here goes, an alternative. I'll collate if enough do it.

Release or Keep   1    Kyran Johnson
Release or Keep   2    Aaron Jones-Bishop
Release or Keep   55    Declan Kay
Release or Keep   3    Zack McComb
Release or Keep   4    Jack Holmes
Release or Keep   7    Dave Hewitt
Release or Keep   8    Phil Joy
Release or Keep   9    Gareth Owen
Release or Keep   11    Ben Calland
Release or Keep   12    Emmerson Whittel
Release or Keep   13    Jack Spencer
Release or Keep   15    Adam Brook
Release or Keep   16    Danny Langtree
Release or Keep   17    Jimmy Beckett
Release or Keep   18    Ben Davies
Release or Keep   19    Jamie Greenwood
Release or Keep   20    Matty Wilkinson
Release or Keep   24    Liam Bent
Release or Keep   25    Danny Bridge
Release or Keep   27    Harry Maders
Release or Keep   28    Harry Aaronson
Release or Keep   29    Cameron Leeming
Release or Keep   50    Ed Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SINGE said:

It goes without saying every player has played his part, and in an ideal world all would get renwed, but in reality it'sa year on and it's a step up, and some are in realityh going.

Polls a re limtited to 3 questions, so here goes, an alternative. I'll collate if enough do it.

Release or Keep   1    Kyran Johnson  staying [2 year contract]
Release or Keep   2    Aaron Jones-Bishop [release
Release or Keep   55    Declan Kay [keep]
Release or Keep   3    Zack McComb [Keep]
Release or Keep   4    Jack Holmes [Release] 
Release or Keep   7    Dave Hewitt [2 yr contract] 
Release or Keep   8    Phil Joy [Keep] 
Release or Keep   9    Gareth Owen [Keep] 
Release or Keep   11    Ben Calland [Release]
Release or Keep   12    Emmerson Whittel [Keep]
Release or Keep   13    Jack Spencer [Keep] 
Release or Keep   15    Adam Brook [Loan - keep if fax agree] 
Release or Keep   16    Danny Langtree [2 yr contract] 
Release or Keep   17    Jimmy Beckett [Loan - love to see him stay] 
Release or Keep   18    Ben Davies [Release] 
Release or Keep   19    Jamie Greenwood [Release] 
Release or Keep   20    Matty Wilkinson [Keep] 
Release or Keep   24    Liam Bent [100% keep] 
Release or Keep   25    Danny Bridge [Keep]
Release or Keep   27    Harry Maders [Release] 
Release or Keep   28    Harry Aaronson [Release] 
Release or Keep   29    Cameron Leeming [Keep] 
Release or Keep   50    Ed Smith [Keep] 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Adam brook been released by fax this week

I'd have him at stand off , got limited opportunities. He's a good kicker and with some gametime might go alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FailsworthYed said:

I'd have him at stand off , got limited opportunities. He's a good kicker and with some gametime might go alright

I agree.  Sign him up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Brook but he didn't really gel with Hewitt. Think they both played better with Crook. Would like a proper stand off with Hewitt at 7 and Brook as back up for now.

Not too worried about the signings at the min. The vast majority of the squad want to stay and will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fiftiesremembered said:

Good that you are not worried !!

Why could we not keep McComb???

 

Same old story nobody offered a deal by the club even after the grand final win, the deal for zak was done couple of months ago, when clubs can recruit from end of may, we always leave it too late to offer deals. Bridge news above may surprise yet

Edited by ChampagneCharlieReturns
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McComb to Sheffield, officially.  


With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Same old story nobody offered a deal by the club even after the grand final win, the deal for zak was done couple of months ago, when clubs can recruit from end of may, we always leave it too late to offer deals. Bridge news above may surprise yet

Difficult for the club, do you sign him up on Championship or Champ 1 wages?  

Can't blame a player for getting things and money sorted as soon as possible, its a short precarious career!

  • Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Difficult for the club, do you sign him up on Championship or Champ 1 wages?  

Can't blame a player for getting things and money sorted as soon as possible, its a short precarious career!

Last time the club offered players two different deals, one for each eventuality, not rocket science is it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a mooch around the forums (or is it fora?) Someone on Sheffield's forum is asking whether they are in special measures? On the Dewsbury forum they are suggesting that some Sheffield players are leaving and mentioning that the RFL are refusing to register players in an unnamed team. Don't know if 2+2 =5 or whether there's legs in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Just had a mooch around the forums (or is it fora?) Someone on Sheffield's forum is asking whether they are in special measures? On the Dewsbury forum they are suggesting that some Sheffield players are leaving and mentioning that the RFL are refusing to register players in an unnamed team. Don't know if 2+2 =5 or whether there's legs in it. 

The comment on the Sheffield forum wasn’t started by an Eagles fan. 

I’m guessing that the formal announcement of Zack McComb means that it’s not Sheffield unless you can sign players without registering them? Who knows with the RFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Just had a mooch around the forums (or is it fora?) Someone on Sheffield's forum is asking whether they are in special measures? On the Dewsbury forum they are suggesting that some Sheffield players are leaving and mentioning that the RFL are refusing to register players in an unnamed team. Don't know if 2+2 =5 or whether there's legs in it. 

Is that not just Bradford in special measures I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...