Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sat 16 Nov: Women's Intl: Papua New Guinea v England 5am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

12 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Papua New Guinea
    • England

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/11/19 at 05:00

Blimey. Look at it what it means.

Gutting for England but what a moment for PNG.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Man of Kent said:

It’s England, Wayne ?

When you lose nobody remembers your name anyway.

Such a good result for the country with the worst domestic and sexual violence in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

Is Elsie Albert related to Stanton and Wellington? She certainly plays the game in a similar style.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Is Elsie Albert related to Stanton and Wellington? She certainly plays the game in a similar style.

I'd guess not, because they're from the Southern Highlands (Mendi) and she started playing last year at university in Rabaul, New Britain.

16 minutes ago, JonM said:

I'd guess not, because they're from the Southern Highlands (Mendi) and she started playing last year at university in Rabaul, New Britain.

Just done a bit of Googling, and she used to be a boxer. Now studying plant and insect science at university. Whatever, she hits hard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Just seen the highlights and it looked fantastic. Great win for PNG, to whom it clearly means a lot and commiserations to the England ladies. 

• Like 2

PNG is on the move and our game can be at the heart of it. We can be so happy and so proud to have seen the Ordhids get this far. A glorious day for our game. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just watched the highlights, really enjoyable and great win for the orchids - looking forward to the women's world cup! 

• Like 3

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

If you are a GB fan watch the game on the BBC Iplayer, we all need a bit of cheering up and seeing the reactions of the PNG Orchids at the final whistle is heartwarming.

Amazing display by the Orchids who incredibly only played their first match two years ago! England women have now played the Orchids three times in the last two years and all games have been competitive

World Cup 2017 England 36 PNG 8,               1st Test 2019 PNG 10 England 24       2nd Test PNG 20 England 16

This is the basis of a genuine international rivalry, it would be brilliant if we could develop it further. My preference would be to play a double header before one of the Ashes tests, perhaps the one at Elland Road for say the Daihatsu Shield. I choose Daihatsu (but it could be others) because there is a natural fit between the toughness of the vehicles and how hard the Orchids hit, with the sponsor covering the cost of bringing PNG over. This game would also have the advantage of convincing fans that it would be worthwhile to buy tickets for the Women's World Cup, which otherwise is going to be a tough sell. 

Edited by flyingking

www.twitter.com/flyingking2