The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

How old are you..15?

I would think the younger the fan the more likely they are to support the idea of TWP and expanding the game to new and exciting markets (they've obviously never been to Ottawa but that's neither here nor there).

The anti-TWP forces - who do seem to be increasing in number - I equate to an older group that probably equates to the BREXIT crowd, all quite happy to cut off their nose to spite their face.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Salford. U don't win that and you're screwed looking at the following 4 fixtures. Frightening to think of how hapless Toronto will look against Saints, Wigan, Warrington and Leeds.

I take no pleasure in that btw. They are clearly woefully underprepared. That isn't controversial is it?

No, it is a tough schedule.

But it's only the first game of a long season. I'm still confident TWP are a middle of the pack team.

3 hours ago, PatrickB said:

SKY TV just announced that as well as today, they will be showing 10 more Toronto Wolfpack matches this season, including 8 from Lamport Stadium.

It's good news, but doesn't help us season ticket holders watch the away matches.

But, here's hoping something else happens.

It appears to me they are getting more coverage that ANY OTHER RL TEAM on the planet.

They had already announced 4 TWP away games would be broadcast as part of the first announcement, and now a further 10 'home' games. There are still quite a few weekends where Sky haven't announced who they will be covering, so more may be picked up there. So there may be more than the 6 games in the UK shown on Sky. 

But your last line is wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Salford. U don't win that and you're screwed looking at the following 4 fixtures. Frightening to think of how hapless Toronto will look against Saints, Wigan, Warrington and Leeds.

I take no pleasure in that btw. They are clearly woefully underprepared. That isn't controversial is it?

my point is dont bet the farm against the Wolfpack. It;s the first game of the year, we will be fine

Toronto look like they need 2 or 3 hard running forwards to gain meters up the middle... a few new recruits in there squad so that may explain all the handling errors as getting used to playing together as a team. Its early in the season but i get the feeling from that display TWP will struggle and be in battle to avoid relegation... and im not a fan of relegation.

4 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Ignore him Rob - he's the biggest culprit. He thinks he owns this forum in his own bizarre way.

What are you on about now?.....it was their first SL game...they lost...they will learn...its how you finish, not how you start.

1 minute ago, Rob Nash said:

I'd like Kayakman to explain himself. I've said nothing derogatory about his club and as I've already said I hope they do well! If he'd like to comment on my club's prospects for the coming season then I would welcome that.

I will repeat it again (for Wildcat mainly)...it was their first SL game...they lost, Cas won...they will learn...its how you finish not how you start.

I wish you Club all the best in the season.

2 minutes ago, Chamey said:

I can't see Toronto finishing much stronger than they start due to a tiny squad though.

Its going to be tough playing with one arm tied behind our backs but we will give it a go.  It will be a successful season.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

I will repeat it again (for Wildcat mainly)...it was their first SL game...they lost, Cas won...they will learn...its how you finish not how you start.

I wish you Club all the best in the season.

Well done for finally responding to him without being snarky or sarcastic. 

20 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its going to be tough playing with one arm tied behind our backs but we will give it a go.  It will be a successful season.

Not really tied behind your back son - if you are talking about the salary cap.

It's the same for every club to follow the rules and you seem to have more money than any other in SL despite not being one of the big clubs.

Saying that I hope you dont get relegated but its going to be a hard season for you lads.

All the best.

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You don't have one hand tied behind your back at all though do you. If you properly based yourselves in Toronto I suspect that a number of players would take a slight pay cut in order to live a year in such a wonderful city.

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

18 posts removed, I’ll decide in the morning whether to ban someone or not.

So much utter drivel in this thread already, I'm seriously contemplating imposing a ban on discussing anything relating to Toronto Wolfpack in this section of the forum, beyond the usual match threads, because the prospect of having to moderate this pointless yah-boo rubbish any longer is doing my head in. ?

Right, opening the thread. A firm rule: if you publicly attack another forum member, IN MY SUBJECTIVE JUDGEMENT, then I will start with a plan to ban you outright then look for any mitigating circumstances. Most likely, I will simply see someone winding you up and ban them as well rather than reduce the consequences on you.

If someone's winding you up and it's not in clearly good spirits then hit report. Deal with it yourself and you are going to get banned.

If you're a fervent traditionalist who can't tolerate anyone who lives more than hearing distance from the M62 playing your sport then please stay away from this thread and any other Toronto threads as you're just going to get banned.

If you're a Toronto fan who gets all princess-like if someone dares fairly criticise your club, grow a thicker skin or you too will find yourself banned.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• ckn unlocked this topic

I thought the Wolpfack didn't look half bad but the team needs a few games to gel and get to know one another.   Toronto needs to be tougher in the forwards and not let them run at us...just a little  late off the mark is all...it will come.

I enjoyed the game....good signs for the future.

Archived