20 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

The thing to remember is don't panic. 

Now that all the Poles have gone home because of Brexit, there is plenty of tinned, cheap meat, and sausages, in the corner shops now.

Not around here - the spam/corned beef section is devoid of anything - and even all the marmite has gone despite only 50% of people loving it

• Haha 1

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well... after 66 days in ICU my sister's fella who was described as being as near to death as can be without dying.... has made it. He's home. Half the fella he was.... and the virus has ravaged his l

I'm not putting up with this goading of a volunteer moderator who does a sterling job on my behalf generally on here, but especially recently when I was ill for almost a month with what might well hav

Well my sister's fella is making very small steps in the right direction. From being described as as near to death without being dead, he's now sat up, off dialysis and yesterday was breathing on

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Some selfish people about. Two elderly ladies,in their late 70,s both said they would completely ignore any self isolation order.One said she would still take her dog for her usual long walk on her local beach,the other said she met a group of friends in the same  age bracket as her, every week for lunch and plenty of red wine and this would carry on even if there was a self isolation order. Both said the same, if I get it,I get it. No consideration given whatsoever to other people. Their names were read out as they telephoned in to I believe it was the Jeremy Vine programme.Radio 2 should forward their names to the Local Police Authority and should both be arrested as soon as they put their foot out of their door.  Silly old selfish b*******

Next door neighbour has a teenage son who's school closes down today.  He has told her that 'all the boys form school' have planned to 'meet up' at various locations around the town ni the coming weeks.  She has told him he won't be going out, but I bet a lot of parents won't know where their kids are.  Silly old  young selfish b*******.

well under pressure from one and all plus other political parties Government publishes some SAGE advisory documentation.

Never sure it would be a good idea personally. but listening to Sky it reinforces that should have ignored that pressure. Not sure how they understand responsible journalism.

Edited by redjonn
30 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Not around here - the spam/corned beef section is devoid of anything - and even all the marmite has gone despite only 50% of people loving it

My local Londis seems to have plenty of supplies, my local co-op has plenty of empty shelving units available.

Where were you last Thursday?

24 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Next door neighbour has a teenage son who's school closes down today.  He has told her that 'all the boys form school' have planned to 'meet up' at various locations around the town ni the coming weeks.  She has told him he won't be going out, but I bet a lot of parents won't know where their kids are.  Silly old  young selfish b*******.

Parental-Distancing-1.pngParental-Distancing-2.png

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

30 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I asked my just 18 yo how long she reckoned her school colleagues would remain under social isolation and her answer was

"well as x and y keep bunking off school to go for a shag I reckon about a day"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

I asked my just 18 yo how long she reckoned her school colleagues would remain under social isolation and her answer was

"well as x and y keep bunking off school to go for a shag I reckon about a day"

Some more January babies for @ckn to factor in to his future strategy.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

24 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Just heard on the radio that rules are being relaxed to allow Pharmacists to split large packs of paracetamol and supply them to the public in small quantities (bottles).

Our local boots pharmacy is operating 1 in 1 out with the queue out in the air outside, they take your name/script when you arrive and then call you in 1 at a time during which time you can grab other items from the shelves

21 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Just heard on the radio that rules are being relaxed to allow Pharmacists to split large packs of paracetamol and supply them to the public in small quantities (bottles).

To protect from accidental overdose, anything over 16 (or is it 32?) paracetamol are Pharmacy Only Medicines or Prescription Only. By splitting them into small boxes of 16, they can turn decent stocks of restricted stuff into consumer stuff. It'll not be bottles I'd have thought, just strips put into generic boxes.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 minute ago, ckn said:

To protect from accidental overdose, anything over 16 (or is it 32?) paracetamol are Pharmacy Only Medicines or Prescription Only. By splitting them into small boxes of 16, they can turn decent stocks of restricted stuff into consumer stuff. It'll not be bottles I'd have thought, just strips put into generic boxes.

I stock up when in the USA, buy a tub of 500.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

I stock up when in the USA, buy a tub of 500.  

Don't get caught coming through customs with that many, you're into restricted numbers there. Law was changed a good couple of decades ago now if I remember following a spate of accidental overdoses on relatively low numbers.

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

yep, Our pharmacy has always had a max two packs/32 tablets.. for couple  years

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Don't get caught coming through customs with that many, you're into restricted numbers there. Law was changed a good couple of decades ago now if I remember following a spate of accidental overdoses on relatively low numbers.

Good job they didn't see the ibuprofen or naproxen then...... 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

My daughter works for Trussell Trust, the charity that runs Food Banks. There has been a major drop-off in donations since this vinus scare. I know that people's first responsibility is to their own families but, if you're still able to, don't forget other families too.

I don't write many serious posts but this is one.

Still remember to laugh though... ?

Thank you.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

11 minutes ago, ckn said:

Understand the 16 rule. The woman being interviewed was head of the Royal Soc of Pharmacists and when asked specifically about brown bottles she replied 'yes' if needed as not all bulk is in blister packs. They will have to be purchased from the counter (not shelf stock) and a record made. She also commented that they were in the process of disseminating the info so not to be surprised if your local pharmacist was unaware.

9 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Good job they didn't see the ibuprofen or naproxen then...... 

Ibuprofen will get a sigh most likely, naproxen less so due to its nature but still nowhere near the attention you'd get over paracetamol!

3 hours ago, ckn said:

So, not taking up the government's offer to take loans to keep going? Surprising for a big company (no sarcasm!)

Best wishes for what this means for you!

The loans are a bit of a joke and are no solution to what is happening.

Yes they are government backed but the usual lending criteria will pretty much be the same, so Personal Guarantees, forecasts etc (how are we supposed to forecast?)

Boris asking companies to please keep the staff but then saying the solution is to take up a loan to do so??

What the Government should have done is the same as Ireland - total freezings on VAT and PAYE payments for 3 months, that would have given businesses an instant cash flow injection, which knows when these grants and loans will actually make their way into the businesses accounts - way too long to matter I suspect

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Enforced Isolation here in Spain does not allow you to take walks on the beach. You can not go out for a walk at any time. You can take your dog out for a toilet break, in other words if you have a garden let it out there,if not take it to the nearest suitable spot,clean up after it and return straight home.Ignore these directives and you are looking at a big fine.With repeat offenders receiving a massive fine and a custodial sentence. Just this last couple of days in my area 31 people have been detained and fined for walking around.By the way,all the beaches are cordoned off,you can not go on them.

• Sad 1

Spidey ,Isolation is meant to be staying indoors. Social distancing is keeping yourself away from others,at a distance in other words.Not Isolation,social distancing. The two women I have mentioned are not Isolating like they have been asked,here in Spain,told.How can you defend anybody who has no respect for others,what if they get the virus and passes it on to somebody else who dies,is that acceptable in your eyes?

31 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

The loans are a bit of a joke and are no solution to what is happening.

Yes they are government backed but the usual lending criteria will pretty much be the same, so Personal Guarantees, forecasts etc (how are we supposed to forecast?)

Boris asking companies to please keep the staff but then saying the solution is to take up a loan to do so??

What the Government should have done is the same as Ireland - total freezings on VAT and PAYE payments for 3 months, that would have given businesses an instant cash flow injection, which knows when these grants and loans will actually make their way into the businesses accounts - way too long to matter I suspect

to be honest the freezing of vat and paye won't do anything to save my daughters business... she knows the VAT freezing is a given whether she needs to ask or if its automatic... the PAYE payments are minor compared to the net wages and again whether she needs to ask or its automatic she takes that as a given as in even normal times their flexible on that. . She hoping to see some support for staff wages... that's the important one plus the mechanics of it.

So I don't think just replicating the things you mention Ireland are doing is that much help... better than nowt but in reality not make much difference to normal flexibility in the system.

4 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Spidey ,Isolation is meant to be staying indoors. Social distancing is keeping yourself away from others,at a distance in other words.Not Isolation,social distancing. The two women I have mentioned are not Isolating like they have been asked,here in Spain,told.How can you defend anybody who has no respect for others,what if they get the virus and passes it on to somebody else who dies,is that acceptable in your eyes?

Whoah there a minute. That’s not what I said at all. Maybe I didn’t understand the whole context from your first post but please don’t twist my words like that