Sun 2 Feb: SL: Toronto Wolfpack v Castleford Tigers KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/20 at 14:30

Squad not as bad as it could have been. 

Assuming all named are fit it will probably be:

Rankin

Olpherts 

Matuitau 

Shenton 

Eden/Claire

Trueman

Richardson 

Watts

Mcshane 

Millington 

Griffin

Hepi

Massey

Milner

Smith

Blair

Moors/O Neil

No reason they can't get the job done ?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Oli Holmes also out now, groin injury in training.?

Although it sounds like a fair few of the injured might be ready accordimg to DP.

Holmes, Foster, Mcmeeken,  JSL, Feki definitely out.  So struggling for a back row!

A few others 50/50 calls.  Junior Moors in with a shout of playing.  Concern would be players been rushed back too early but I'll feel a lot better if Watts, Milner, Cook, Smith  and Blair are available!

I think Hardisty will be on the bench. (Now, not selected?)

Full house?

Six hours to kickoff, and I can't sleep up here in Barrie.  Reading everything I can about rugby league doesn't help, mind you.  Based on the injury lists for both teams, coupled with the desire by Cas to put this upstart team in their place, and the passion by Toronto to prove they belong, I think it's going to be a tough slog.  Injuries will be the deciding factor in my opinion, so I'll say Toronto by between 2 and 6 points.

On 31/01/2020 at 10:05, Kenilworth Tiger said:

I've got my tickets so hoping the 400 mile round trip is worth it!!   ?

If you're on the Western Terrace it'd be good to meet up.

But as you're doing a 400 mile round trip, I'm guessing you might be coming up from Hook (Hampshire) meaning you will probably be in the seats with the rest of the upper class.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

16 minutes ago, nmew said:

Six hours to kickoff, and I can't sleep up here in Barrie.  Reading everything I can about rugby league doesn't help, mind you.  Based on the injury lists for both teams, coupled with the desire by Cas to put this upstart team in their place, and the passion by Toronto to prove they belong, I think it's going to be a tough slog.  Injuries will be the deciding factor in my opinion, so I'll say Toronto by between 2 and 6 points.

I think the TWP will win. With a skinny squad, as the season progresses and injuries arise, it will be tougher. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Has anyone any idea of the expected crowd?

As far as I can see, tickets to the Leeds v Hull match include entrance to Toronto v Castleford. Presumably a few thousand Castleford fans woukd have bought tickets for this fixture, but I'm not exactly sure how the system works.

32 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Has anyone any idea of the expected crowd?

As far as I can see, tickets to the Leeds v Hull match include entrance to Toronto v Castleford. Presumably a few thousand Castleford fans woukd have bought tickets for this fixture, but I'm not exactly sure how the system works.

The declared attendance for both games will be the same, presumably the capacity of Headingley as it is a sellout.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

The declared attendance for both games will be the same, presumably the capacity of Headingley as it is a sellout.

I guess so.

As the attendance guru, I wonder whether you be willing to hazard a guess at the actual attendance. Because of the Sonny Bill factor, I would have thought there will be an unusually high attendance for the start of an 'undercard' event.

1 minute ago, Manxmanc said:

I guess so.

As the attendance guru, I wonder whether you be willing to hazard a guess at the actual attendance. Because of the Sonny Bill factor, I would have thought there will be an unusually high attendance for the start of an 'undercard' event.

If both attendances are announced as the same it’ll be good for the figures this season! Does seem a bit like cheating though!

Just now, Manxmanc said:

I guess so.

It’ll be full because the attendance will say so ?

In seriousness I’d imagine it’ll fill up closer to the main event. It’s a long time to be standing out in the cold in the South Stand etc.

The interesting is if the Leeds fans will get behind t’Wolfpack.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

It’ll be full because the attendance will say so ?

In seriousness I’d imagine it’ll fill up closer to the main event. It’s a long time to be standing out in the cold in the South Stand etc.

The interesting is if the Leeds fans will get behind t’Wolfpack.

It would be great if the first match had a really healthy attendance, followed by the full house for Leeds/Hull.

It would also look great on Sky, and in subsequent news bulletins. Even with the 6 Nations tosh around, there's a good chance the RL will be featured.

5 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

If it is 20k, they should split it between the two games other than declaring 20k for each, otherwise it is a false figure. 

If you wish to be 'fair', shouldn't the figures for each match simply be the number of people attending. For example, if 20,000 watch the Leeds game, it's 20,000; if 15,000 watch the Toronto game, it's 15,000.

That aside, I don't mind the sell-out figure being applied to both matches.

If the tickets allow admittance to both fixtures then the maximum number of tickets for each game has been sold out. Its only like when clubs count all season tickets into an attendance. It's irrelevant that the person decided not to show up, they still have a valid ticket. 

Or all the cardboard cutouts! ?

1 minute ago, TboneFromTO said:

Is this what we are getting all bothered over today? Attendance? 

Let's go pack.  I'll see you at headingly!

I take your point. I think lots of us just want to see a great occasion watched by a large enthusiastic crowd.

28 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

It would be great if the first match had a really healthy attendance, followed by the full house for Leeds/Hull.

It would also look great on Sky, and in subsequent news bulletins. Even with the 6 Nations tosh around, there's a good chance the RL will be featured.

When does that start? 

44 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

If the tickets allow admittance to both fixtures then the maximum number of tickets for each game has been sold out. Its only like when clubs count all season tickets into an attendance. It's irrelevant that the person decided not to show up, they still have a valid ticket. 

In that case the quarter of a million that turned up for magic weekend must be some kind of British attendance record!

In all seriousness though this kind of double header is definitely better than playing it at a random ground.

Archived