Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

8-9 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

On 06/02/2020 at 16:35, Stirlin said:

Have decided against going. Strong wind and drenching rain have breached the lead flashing where the garage roof joins the house. I've got a bucket in the hallway to catch the drips from the ceiling. Plenty of work in Bradford for my roofer friend Paul next week.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

10 hours ago, winnyason said:

2500 at ernest for Toulouse decent turnout. But looks tiny at 19k stadium. Hard to really know what crowds be at superleague. 

Maybe 5 to 6k 

I’d say less, especially if they were struggling near the bottom of the table. Avignon might be a better bet for a viable SL team, in terms of potential crowds anyway. 

Bootham Crescent pitch inspection and safety review at 10.30 for York v Bradford. Can't see it going ahead. The wind and rain in York is dreadful.

Edited by Hopping Mad

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’d say less, especially if they were struggling near the bottom of the table. Avignon might be a better bet for a viable SL team, in terms of potential crowds anyway. 

No doubt a avignon could be big as if not bigger than Catalans. My 2 cents worth on it I believe they need to look at taking busloads from albi which is league mad and up the road to some degree. 

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

Fev v Fax, inspection at 12 noon to see if it goes ahead.

Cheers, was looking forward to a bit of championship rugby, I expect its likely to be called off looking at the forecast. 

Just now, dkw said:

Cheers, was looking forward to a bit of championship rugby, I expect its likely to be called off looking at the forecast. 

I am not hopeful the game will go ahead. If it does I might need my big coat on for this one!

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

I am not hopeful the game will go ahead. If it does I might need my big coat on for this one!

Surely your mates will mock you then. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, winnyason said:

2500 at ernest for Toulouse decent turnout. But looks tiny at 19k stadium. Hard to really know what crowds be at superleague. 

Maybe 5 to 6k 

You've already got a head of yourself Winny, Toulouse have not got there yet.

FWIW I think that their on the road games here across the channel are going to be a lot more competitive from those teams at the top of the division, they all seem to have improoved in their rosters from last season, yes even Toulouse but the other teams will not have all the travelling inconvenience to comply with.

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Have decided against going. Strong wind and drenching rain have breached the lead flashing where the garage roof joins the house. I've got a bucket in the hallway to catch the drips from the ceiling. Plenty of work in Bradford for my roofer friend Paul next week.

Thought you Welsh guys enjoyed "Leak's"😜

Seriously good luck, it ain't have a shi77er when something like that happens. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JonM said:

What chance of any games going ahead today? 

Has it is in Leigh at the moment not much chance at all, glad it was yesterday now, albeit when it was announced being Saturday I wasn't to pleased, Saturday doesn't seem conducive to attracting the numbers Sunday does these days. 

Just in case anyone is wondering why it was a Saturday, it was because Manchester United Women's team have a scheduled game v Chelsea at the LSV which is MUW's home ground, I guess they pay more than Leigh Centurions for the privaledge, albeit I still don't think they should have the preference.

39 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

If anyone hasn’t seen Joe Bretherton’s try yesterday, it’s worth checking out 

Yep saw that in the highlights. It looked like he actually played on the wing & scored a hat trick.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just in case anyone is wondering why it was a Saturday, it was because Manchester United Women's team have a scheduled game v Chelsea at the LSV which is MUW's home ground, I guess they pay more than Leigh Centurions for the privaledge, albeit I still don't think they should have the preference.

No doubt they'll be whingeing about Leigh wrecking the pitch.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has it is in Leigh at the moment not much chance at all, glad it was yesterday now, albeit when it was announced being Saturday I wasn't to pleased, Saturday doesn't seem conducive to attracting the numbers Sunday does these days. 

Normally not a problem Harry , but it's on't telly , it's them that calls the shots 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Broncos (v Haven) still seem confident.

Widnes v Batley still on at the moment too, although the pre-match kids' tournament is off.

24 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

No doubt they'll be whingeing about Leigh wrecking the pitch.

Me thinks that will come in the future, sometime, it's probably a good job the weather was not to bad yesterday or it may have come much sooner like today, all the world revolves around the round ball game, doesn't it?