Jump to content

Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v Halifax. Sunday 9th February 2020


marklaspalmas

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, marklaspalmas said:

Mine's an Izadi, Reserva 2015 from Rioja. Yourself?

It's raining here too btw. Well, spitting.

A very good 2015 chateauneuf du pape we bought from the estate we visited last summer.... and a medal winning Bordeaux bought from a merchant in blois last spring.

No rugby.... my attentions are transferred to one of my other passions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10° plus.

Breezy at worst.

Bright and dry.

Worst of the predicted 'storm' passed.

Just come in from 40 mile drive around York area. All roads passable. One fallen branch at a roadside and some big puddles only.

Nanny state?

Can't help but think we really didn't want a match at 6 15 streamed live impacting on the attendance and wouldn't have strongly resisted a proposed cancellation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Squidward said:

10° plus.

Breezy at worst.

Bright and dry.

Worst of the predicted 'storm' passed.

Just come in from 40 mile drive around York area. All roads passable. One fallen branch at a roadside and some big puddles only.

Nanny state?

Can't help but think we really didn't want a match at 6 15 streamed live impacting on the attendance and wouldn't have strongly resisted a proposed cancellation.

Maybe they didn’t want the pitch completely ruining impacting on further home fixtures .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

Maybe they didn’t want the pitch completely ruining impacting on further home fixtures .

Maybe so.

But with still almost 3 hrs to kick off in good drying conditions with a forecast of less than 50% light rain if any im a bit surprised. I haven't seen the pitch but the official reason given is that of safety of the supporters. 

Guess I'm a bit grumpy at having planned my day around the game it's been called off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pitch was like a swimming pool and there’s still more showers to come, so whether the sun is shining or not now it doesn’t make any difference. 

Im Fev and im proud

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

There was standing water on the pitch at midday and there are more heavy showers forecast over the next few hours. We had posts in this thread asking for an early decision. One of those damned if you do, damned if you dont situations I'd say.

Objective and sensible reflections as always TPH.

With it being the safety of supporters as the reason though I just think some wind and rain isn't reasonably likely to be harmful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Just as forecast. Cancelle3d too soon?

Too soon? Have you been outside today? I certainly didn't fancy going in that weather, they have to make a decision and stick to it - and they have. Nearly all matches postponed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Too soon? Have you been outside today? I certainly didn't fancy going in that weather, they have to make a decision and stick to it - and they have. Nearly all matches postponed. 

Mild and sunny when I went out but reading the other reports sounds like a sound decision. With regard to Chisholm I think they will put a match in on a Friday night say before the cup tie so his suspension isn't extended to a fourth listed match. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...