Euro XIIIs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Yakstorm said:

It certainly would make this mountain of a project slightly easier targeting only active and established clubs versus brand new entities and I agree with you that it would arguably help raise playing standards quicker.

Considering the claims of how many teams showed interest in joining (over 50 wasn't it?) then sure there must have been some more established entities in the mix to consider.  

I don’t think they have targeted clubs to be fair, clubs have expressed interest to them. 

2 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

It certainly would make this mountain of a project slightly easier targeting only active and established clubs versus brand new entities and I agree with you that it would arguably help raise playing standards quicker.

Considering the claims of how many teams showed interest in joining (over 50 wasn't it?) then sure there must have been some more established entities in the mix to consider.  

Perhaps the more established clubs are what the RLEF are going for with their more professional comp?

7 hours ago, yanto said:

Fair play to Euro XIII for awakening sleeping countries.

Can you name how many of the clubs have been active in domestic competitions in the last two three or four years ?

If his aim is raise the standards in Europe.....which he claims.... then in my opinion should he not be targeting clubs that are currently playing.

He is ignoring the established clubs ( or the established clubs are ignoring him maybe ) that would be a better option to bring his vision to fruition  and is going back to the very basic grassroots .

So far ...and I may be  wrong on this and I am willing to be corrected....only Rotterdam ,Mad Squirrels (love the name ) and Rhonda are actually playing  the game on a regular basis ??

You would think if his vision is to make the game stronger  in Europe he would be investing in clubs that actually play and not be looking to start new teams who will be five or even ten years behind the more established side.

Defies all logic  and his claims that he is looking to raise standards.

Just asking for a friend.

İ am not sure that entirely accurate,  it maybe so in nation's where there has been little activity. Anadolu, for instance, is new as a team but it is merely the face of our broader strength and supported by multiple teams. 

Our inclusion, as a single team will raise the standard significantly as we draw not just from one team and it's success but help raise the standard in general. 

İf anything, İ think nation's with multiple teams should all consider new teams for independence rather than just a present team being entered (which will likely draw the best players to one team)

30 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

İ am not sure that entirely accurate,  it maybe so in nation's where there has been little activity. Anadolu, for instance, is new as a team but it is merely the face of our broader strength and supported by multiple teams. 

Our inclusion, as a single team will raise the standard significantly as we draw not just from one team and it's success but help raise the standard in general. 

İf anything, İ think nation's with multiple teams should all consider new teams for independence rather than just a present team being entered (which will likely draw the best players to one team)

No arguments with that. 

But as I asked how many of these clubs actually play in a domestic competition so once their Euro XIII commitments are over where will the players go? 

Your guys, Rotterdam, Mad Squirrels, Rhonda have competitions to fall back into. 

That leaves an aweful lot of players dusting down their boots for a maximum of four games and for a lot one or two games. 

If Euro XIII targeted established clubs or combination teams in countries with domestic leagues then as you suggest it should help raise the standard. As it stands now where will the Danish, Swedish, Spanish, Italians.. Yes there will be an Italian club, and Brussels guys (for example) play after they are knocked out of the cup. 

If they had 50 plus applications I would guess they could have selected the majority that are already playing to strengthen those domestic competitions. 

Again doesn't seem to be really thought through. 

7 hours ago, yanto said:

Things are looking good.

A)Skane v Copenhagen (40 minutes over the osterund bridge)

B)Rotterdam v Brussels (3 hour road trip)

C)Dublin v Birmingham ..cheap enough day return flight

D)Mad Squirrels v Budapest ..another road trip 

E)Anadalou v ...Serbia out ,Greece out,Albania out.....this is a dificult one Maybe the long awaited Moldova club or even a Ukraine team 

F)Valencia v a North Italian club 

G) say Polish club v a surprise Austrian club ......another day trip..eaarly start that ?

H) Portugal which he has promised v another Spanish side..Again duable in a day

Round two

A v D North / Central Europe...not to expensive

B v C Flying Brussels of Rdam to the UK Dublin again Ryan Air decent enough cost.

E v G Turkey to Poland /Austria ..again Turkey stuck out on the edge ....difficult  better if its Ukraine or Moldova 

F v H Portugal Spain Italy group easy travel

Semi Finals in Valencia ..all paid for by sponsors backers ..thats his aim get everything into valencia.

Final Valencia

Buchan has out foxed us all ?????   ?????

Sorry to much time on my hands ?

Sorry missed Rhonda out they can play Birmingham, easy travel and Dublin can have a trip to Europe. ?

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

Is the weather good enough to play in Feb/March in Northern Europe?

Danish football has a break from, I think, the middle of December to the middle of February. So shouldn't be an issue.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 hours ago, yanto said:

Things are looking good.

A)Skane v Copenhagen (40 minutes over the osterund bridge)

B)Rotterdam v Brussels (3 hour road trip)

C)Dublin v Birmingham ..cheap enough day return flight

D)Mad Squirrels v Budapest ..another road trip 

E)Anadalou v ...Serbia out ,Greece out,Albania out.....this is a dificult one Maybe the long awaited Moldova club or even a Ukraine team 

F)Valencia v a North Italian club 

G) say Polish club v a surprise Austrian club ......another day trip..eaarly start that ?

H) Portugal which he has promised v another Spanish side..Again duable in a day

Round two

A v D North / Central Europe...not to expensive

B v C Flying Brussels of Rdam to the UK Dublin again Ryan Air decent enough cost.

E v G Turkey to Poland /Austria ..again Turkey stuck out on the edge ....difficult  better if its Ukraine or Moldova 

F v H Portugal Spain Italy group easy travel

Semi Finals in Valencia ..all paid for by sponsors backers ..thats his aim get everything into valencia.

Final Valencia

Buchan has out foxed us all ?????   ?????

Sorry to much time on my hands ?

Looks like a long trip for Rhondda then.

25 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

They went to Cumbria in the Challenge Cup this year, so they are used to going to the back of beyond ?

Barrow is still Lancashire if you ask those that live there and us West Cumbrians .

Nowt to do with God's country ?

Some interesting stuff in there. Perhaps anyone more knowledgeable could enlighten people as to the names mentioned?

Its clearly positive in aspirations. I still have some reservations thats its trying to be all things to all men and worry that this has taken the RLEF and governing bodies by surprise.

I appreciate how clubs like Brussels will be happier having a competition to play in regularly, though this won't come to full fruition till 2022. I'm still wary of how that ambition fits in with brand new clubs (Birmingham, Budapest), established clubs (Rhondda, Vrchlabi, Rotterdam, Skane), re-ignited clubs (Brussels, Copenhagen), and new "sit on top teams"/select XIIIs (Anadolu, Dublin). I'm not even sure where Valencia fits in those categories tbh. Like I say there's a risk this is trying to be all things to all men rather than nailing down what it actually is.

Awaiting part 2 of that interview with trepidation.

24 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

A bit more clarity there, I like it. Obviously he hasn’t named the individuals behind the funding, which I’d love to know, but he’s not obliged to and it’s fair enough if they want it kept private. 

32 team cup and an 8 team league in 2022 sounds good. I guess that would mean the teams in a decent domestic league can stay in but also enter the cup, and teams from countries with no other teams can play in the league. 

Just now, Eddie said:

A bit more clarity there, I like it. Obviously he hasn’t named the individuals behind the funding, which I’d love to know, but he’s not obliged to and it’s fair enough if they want it kept private. 

32 team cup and an 8 team league in 2022 sounds good. 

I agree thats fine about the actual sources of the funding. 

Archived