Herbie Farnworth is in demand in the NRL

Reports are that several NRL clubs, including Sydney Roosters and perhaps Melbourne Storm, are interested in signing English winger/centre Herbie Farnworth.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/broncos/nrl-2020-brisbane-broncos-transfer-news-herbie-farnworth-trent-robinson-sydney-roosters/news-story/768da1d8dc8730f9bd2531975a886f41

28 minutes ago, Celt said:

He looked pretty poor yesterday I thought.

Is he actually English? He had that whinging moaning expression on his face which made me think he was, but physically he looked more like a typical antipodean NRL centre. He has some good size about him, something I think England's backline lack a lot of the time.

He's properly English yes - born and lived here until he was 14/15 I believe. Similar to Gareth Widdop I guess in that sense.

Broncos are poor at the moment but he could be part of a young nucleus of players including Haas, Staggs, Croft, Fifita and Pangia Jr, that will be around at the Broncos for the next 6/7 years. Peaking in about 3 years i'd guess.

18 minutes ago, Celt said:

Is he actually English? He had that whinging moaning expression on his face which made me think he was, but physically he looked more like a typical antipodean NRL centre. He has some good size about him, something I think England's backline lack a lot of the time.

Definitely English (Pic. England U-16) Burnley born and bred.

I agree with Hela Wigmen, Broncos are woeful at the moment, so he’s not getting much opportunity with the ball. 

In his first start at centre, I think he showed up well defensively, keeping the latest Aussie wonderkid, Bradman Best pretty quiet. 16 tackles made, 2 missed. 

When he came close to scoring late in the second half, he showed some good footwork and it was either Greg Alexander or Corey Parker who said that he’d been ‘very good’ tonight. You’re entitled to your opinion that he was pretty poor though. I disagree. 
I don’t think his versatility is doing him any favours at the moment. He could do with a run at one position (Centre). Also, hopefully the Broncos form improves and we’ll see a bit more from him offensively.

492124C4-6759-40EB-B3B0-2D253F4B35DF.jpeg

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

He's properly English yes - born and lived here until he was 14/15 I believe. Similar to Gareth Widdop I guess in that sense.

Bit different to Widdop, who I believe emigrated to Australia with his family.

Herbie started to go out to Australia during school summer holidays when he was 14, with the sole intention of carving a career in the NRL. Started playing with Burleigh Bears and was spotted by Broncos. His family are still here in Lancashire.

4 minutes ago, burnleywelsh said:

Bit different to Widdop, who I believe emigrated to Australia with his family.

Herbie started to go out to Australia during school summer holidays when he was 14, with the sole intention of carving a career in the NRL. Started playing with Burleigh Bears and was spotted by Broncos. His family are still here in Lancashire.

Sorry, yes I agree their circumstances overall were different. I more meant that he's definitely out and out English but started his pro career in the NRL - he and Widdop are the only two i'm aware of that have done that? Tom Burgess, whilst never playing for the first team, was signed on by Bradford Bulls and trained with the first team so I don't count him. 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Literally have no opinion of him, he’s in a woeful side so he’s barely got a chance on the ball. 

Milford does not look the player he was either.  I think the clocks counting down rapidly for the coach.  

1 hour ago, burnleywelsh said:

In his first start at centre, I think he showed up well defensively, keeping the latest Aussie wonderkid, Bradman Best pretty quiet. 16 tackles made, 2 missed. 

He may have only missed two tackles but it was a poor defensive read from Farnworth that allowed Kurt Mann over for the Knights first try.

But I don't want to sound too harsh, it was his first start at centre in the best Rugby comp in the world. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

58 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Milford does not look the player he was either.  I think the clocks counting down rapidly for the coach.  

I bet Wayne Bennett is laughing himself to sleep every night after the politics behind him leaving the Broncos to get Seibold there a year early.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I bet Wayne Bennett is laughing himself to sleep every night after the politics behind him leaving the Broncos to get Seibold there a year early.

Yeah, probably.  I don’t wish any ill on Seibold but sometimes coaches just do not click with the team or start off out of kilter and then struggle to realign it.  He could be a victim of both.

Ive just looked at Milfords stats and although he got ran at a fair bit for his tackle count, the stats aren’t that bad.  He just didn’t seem motivated.

Just now, DavidM said:

I bet he isn’t 

86A03F50-BA63-4A69-8317-7CE7476CEDAF.jpeg.cad01315333e27a4fab0a51b21167deb.jpeg

OK, I bet he is laughing on the inside!

3 hours ago, Celt said:

2 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

I guess he must've only got that whinging moaning expression on his face when he moved down under ?

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Very defensive over why Mitchell was sobbing his way off the pitch.

No he wasn’t. He’s protecting a) his player and b) a human being from the abuse and vitriol of the media. 

The dissection that went on regarding Mitchell and his tears post-match in Australia was disgusting. 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

OK, I bet he is laughing on the inside!

ncQk7PR.jpg 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Thanks again for that . It’s my all time favourite !

Fair attribution; it is also a complete rip-off by me of a joke in the book The Goodies' Disaster Movie, where they have a spoof CV for Charles Bronson, showcasing his versatility.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, burnleywelsh said:

I agree with Hela Wigmen, Broncos are woeful at the moment, so he’s not getting much opportunity with the ball. 

When he came close to scoring late in the second half, he showed some good footwork and it was either Greg Alexander or Corey Parker who said that he’d been ‘very good’ tonight. You’re entitled to your opinion that he was pretty poor though. I disagree. 
I don’t think his versatility is doing him any favours at the moment. He could do with a run at one position (Centre). Also, hopefully the Broncos form improves and we’ll see a bit more from him offensively.

Isn't that a photo with  ' Bobby ' Brian Foley who I think is his uncle and was once a coach at Wigan St Patricks and then on the youth coaching panel at Wigan warriors ?

Archived