Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gav Wilson

2021 New Kit Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Hoping the collars are just for the replica jerseys and the actual 'on field' version is a different style collar. 

Regarding the design overall....I don't hate it and would say it's better than this season's IMHO. I am interested to know what has influenced the heavy use of white on this home jersey? 

I think the recent 'special edition shirt' which was worn V catalans recently showed what the collar will be like, I know this says ISC but I reckon it was an oxen shirt...

Match worn shirt here

spacer.png

Versus Supporters shirt

 

spacer.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they appear to be going to wear it at the Cup Final, so we'll see.

Maybe time to restart that old 'kit design' thread @Chrispmartha Think i might be able to share a few that i did this time round.


Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Well they appear to be going to wear it at the Cup Final, so we'll see.

Maybe time to restart that old 'kit design' thread @Chrispmartha Think i might be able to share a few that i did this time round.

They’re wearing this new one with white on or the heritage one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

They’re wearing this new one with white on or the heritage one? 

The white one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I think the recent 'special edition shirt' which was worn V catalans recently showed what the collar will be like, I know this says ISC but I reckon it was an oxen shirt...

Match worn shirt here

spacer.png

Versus Supporters shirt

 

spacer.png

100% agree. That shirt is an Oxen one with an ISC badge on. Even the collar is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

100% agree. That shirt is an Oxen one with an ISC badge on. Even the collar is the same.

They did release that shirt before they announced Oxen though so perhaps they agreed with ISC to put their logo on the shirt before the Oxen announcement. 
 

You’d have thought Leeds would have waited till the end of the season to release all the Oxen gear and give them more time to get rid off all the ISC stock. ISC clearly aren’t bothered about them wearing the new shirt for the cup final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I am interested to know what has influenced the heavy use of white on this home jersey? 

Would they try to align more with Leeds Utd, now they’ve risen to the Premier League and will get more attention? Maybe not, just crossed my mind when I saw the white was going to be their home shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

Would they try to align more with Leeds Utd, now they’ve risen to the Premier League and will get more attention? Maybe not, just crossed my mind when I saw the white was going to be their home shirt. 

Very doubtful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

They did release that shirt before they announced Oxen though so perhaps they agreed with ISC to put their logo on the shirt before the Oxen announcement. 
 

You’d have thought Leeds would have waited till the end of the season to release all the Oxen gear and give them more time to get rid off all the ISC stock. ISC clearly aren’t bothered about them wearing the new shirt for the cup final

ISC in the UK has been produced by the guys behind Oxen for a while now so it wouldn't surprise me.

I would have thought so too tbh, its a sad damp squib of an ending for a partnership that has graced the most successful period in the club's nearly 150 year history. They're flogging ISC merch (and unbranded Oxen merch) on the club shop really cheap atm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, M j M said:

Very doubtful.

Based on what? I doubt the commercial leadership of the Rhinos have any better ideas tbh sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Based on what? I doubt the commercial leadership of the Rhinos have any better ideas tbh sadly.

Based on the fact that Leeds Rhinos putting white on a shirt is highly unlikely to relate to a soccer club getting promoted - partly given the timescales involved but also given the fact that the club has used white in home kits before - and white away kits have been best sellers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, M j M said:

Based on the fact that Leeds Rhinos putting white on a shirt is highly unlikely to relate to a soccer club getting promoted - partly given the timescales involved but also given the fact that the club has used white in home kits before - and white away kits have been best sellers.

Still doesn't convince me the commercial direction of the club is in a good place. The buzz around LUFC has been apparent for 2 years anyway.

I think your latter point is critical, away shirts. At best white shirts have been special editions such as in 2015/17. It looks like a special edition shirt at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Still doesn't convince me the commercial direction of the club is in a good place. The buzz around LUFC has been apparent for 2 years anyway.

I think your latter point is critical, away shirts. At best white shirts have been special editions such as in 2015/17. It looks like a special edition shirt at best.

Leeds had an all white home strip in 2007.

The decision to have a half and half shirt for next year was to mitigate colour clashes which have occurred this year apparently. Not that that’s a great excuse as we haven’t really had an issue when we have had a proper blue and amber strip but, that is what they have said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds had an all white home strip in 2007.

The decision to have a half and half shirt for next year was to mitigate colour clashes which have occurred this year apparently. Not that that’s a great excuse as we haven’t really had an issue when we have had a proper blue and amber strip but, that is what they have said.

True, I'd forgotten that one in favour of the all navy one we won the GF in!

Aye in fairness we wouldn't have had as many problems if other clubs designed away kits properly. Hull and Huddersfield in particular make little sense.

I think going a bit bold/different is ok, but would have thought they'd have gone traditional for the first shirt they made. That said, as you pointed out the real "first shirt" they made actually was a heritage inspired jersey, only nobody could tell what heritage it was inspired by!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

They did release that shirt before they announced Oxen though so perhaps they agreed with ISC to put their logo on the shirt before the Oxen announcement. 
 

You’d have thought Leeds would have waited till the end of the season to release all the Oxen gear and give them more time to get rid off all the ISC stock. ISC clearly aren’t bothered about them wearing the new shirt for the cup final

TBF it happened with the football clubs too when the season went over the normal end of the season. The reason i remember hearing was that the deals run up until the end of the season and the new ones then start rather than them running until the "end of the season" so the 2020 season deals would then run out as of the day after the grand final (sunday) therefore if clubs are changing manufacturer their contract would mean they should be in the new gear as of Sunday.. if sticking with the old manufacturer they may not wear the new strips, but they may... 

suppose it depends how quickly the new manufacturers can react, football ones are much bigger on the whole and are ready for the end of the season and a quick turnaround to maximise sales, not something we have been known for with kits sometimes not even being available at christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RP London said:

TBF it happened with the football clubs too when the season went over the normal end of the season. The reason i remember hearing was that the deals run up until the end of the season and the new ones then start rather than them running until the "end of the season" so the 2020 season deals would then run out as of the day after the grand final (sunday) therefore if clubs are changing manufacturer their contract would mean they should be in the new gear as of Sunday.. if sticking with the old manufacturer they may not wear the new strips, but they may... 

suppose it depends how quickly the new manufacturers can react, football ones are much bigger on the whole and are ready for the end of the season and a quick turnaround to maximise sales, not something we have been known for with kits sometimes not even being available at christmas!

It depends on the details of the contract I suppose. Take Leeds United, our new Adidas deal was due to start at the conclusion of the 2019/20 season. That date date was suppose to be in May but for rona-reasons was in August. Same with Liverpool. If you were say Arsenal or Chelsea sticking with the same manufacturer, the policy ot wearing next seasons home shirt in the last games of the season has been common recently.

That the EPS guys behind Oxen have been licensed to produce ISC almost certainly has lead to this scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

starting where they left off i see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RP London said:

starting where they left off i see.

I do find the nostalgia for this very odd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Nice homage to Saints in ‘96, that. 

Salford 90/91? Around then anyway.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Lee Mossop Testimonial jersey

Hope they don't need to put sponsors or names across the top at the back.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...