Dual-registration to be abolished

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Tbh I don't think it would make a massive difference in terms of standings so I agree

Unfortunately that would quite possibly then result in genuine feeder clubs being created , as currently the SL clubs prefer to deal with the bigger lower tier ones , what we would then probably see is more ' investment ' in clubs where we see coaches provided ( and paid ) by SL clubs to the lower tiers , something most have already suggested on here isn't healthy 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

To be fair you could probably apply this description to almost any league in every UK sport. That's just the way it is.

Indeed John , be that SL or the Premier League 

How would you feel if your club became an essential permenant feeder/reserve club to a SL neighbour ?

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Unfortunately that would quite possibly then result in genuine feeder clubs being created , as currently the SL clubs prefer to deal with the bigger lower tier ones , what we would then probably see is more ' investment ' in clubs where we see coaches provided ( and paid ) by SL clubs to the lower tiers , something most have already suggested on here isn't healthy 

Exactly, I brought up Doncaster and Hull but I'm sure there are other examples.

Tbf as a Super League club it would make sense tactically and financially to set up a L1/Championship club. 

To be honest no one likes DR and if it does go there will be winners and losers I think it will favour the clubs with big money owners but as I said winners and losers. There will have to still be a loan system with both long and short term loans otherwise players aren’t going to play and develop and I’m not just talking about SL. Take Fev for example they have signed a number of young players from SL academies who they think can develop into first team players with a squad of 25 players some will have to go out on loan to get game time but on a one year deal they can’t really go on a season long loan so would have to be short term if not they will sit on their hands all season which isn’t going to do any of them any good.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

It could easily make the Championship a 5 club competition , which in truth it already is 

Maybe those 5 should form a league with the bottom 7 of sl since there are only 4 clubs in sl

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Indeed John , be that SL or the Premier League 

How would you feel if your club became an essential permenant feeder/reserve club to a SL neighbour ?

That wasn't the point I was responding to. Why did you need to alter course?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Most are anyway. 

I don't think you really understand what a feeder club is if you think that.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 03/10/2020 at 11:16, Cardypaul said:

To be honest no one likes DR and if it does go there will be winners and losers I think it will favour the clubs with big money owners but as I said winners and losers. There will have to still be a loan system with both long and short term loans otherwise players aren’t going to play and develop and I’m not just talking about SL. Take Fev for example they have signed a number of young players from SL academies who they think can develop into first team players with a squad of 25 players some will have to go out on loan to get game time but on a one year deal they can’t really go on a season long loan so would have to be short term if not they will sit on their hands all season which isn’t going to do any of them any good.

Better make that 26 Connor Jones rejoined for next season from Salford 

Archived