Cameroon

Eddie

Cameroon friend of mine in Russia (Yes Russia) still does some bits of work for us originally came to play football for Locomotiv Moscow way back and married a Russian girl his kids are fantastic 3 of them its like Earth Wind and Fire with their haircuts:) Anyway he promised me one day to take me to Cameroon to meet his mate Roger Milla anyone remember him dancing round the corner flag after scoring a goal:))

Lovely people the Cameroons very laid back I think they could eventually be the PNG of Africa:)))

Paul

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Cameroon friend of mine in Russia (Yes Russia) still does some bits of work for us originally came to play football for Locomotiv Moscow way back and married a Russian girl his kids are fantastic 3 of them its like Earth Wind and Fire with their haircuts:) Anyway he promised me one day to take me to Cameroon to meet his mate Roger Milla anyone remember him dancing round the corner flag after scoring a goal:))

Lovely people the Cameroons very laid back I think they could eventually be the PNG of Africa:)))

Paul

It’s no surprise he hasn’t with that attitude. 

5 minutes ago, Celt said:

This kind of thing pops up on TotalRL a lot.

Tiny shoots of development, and people instantly start talking about much bigger things... World cups, pro teams, 'PNG of Africa' whatever.

I think there is zero chance of Rugby League becoming the national sport of Cameroon. (As it is in PNG). I also think there is almost zero chance of Cameroon being competitive in a World Cup (like PNG have).

Sorry to shoot your point down, but I just think it is completely unrealistic.

Stop being so negative, I’m lumping on them to beat Australia in the 2029 World Cup final. 

1 hour ago, Celt said:

Tiny shoots of development, and people instantly start talking about much bigger things... World cups, pro teams, 'PNG of Africa' whatever.

I think there is zero chance of Rugby League becoming the national sport of Cameroon. (As it is in PNG). I also think there is almost zero chance of Cameroon being competitive in a World Cup (like PNG have).

Wow, what, even in say - 100 years time? 

Might as well pack it all up now.

2 hours ago, Celt said:

Troll. That's your second in a week or so, by my count.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

The Cameroon domestic season starts this weekend, 7 teams (or maybe 21) in the men’s competition and 6 in the women’s. Looks like plenty of kids are playing too 🇨🇲 👍

https://www.voice-online.co.uk/sport/2020/11/09/rugby-league-set-to-return-in-cameroon/

What`s the go with the number of men`s teams, you might put together another 1 or 2 teams if you can find the extra players , but 14.

3 hours ago, Celt said:

Glad I read this post, really cheered me up

6 hours ago, Celt said:

No good, it's played primarily in the north of the country so must be very insular and played by flat cappers🙂

As a trivia point they have over 250 languages.

Archived