Jump to content

Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)


Col81
 Share

Recommended Posts


Just now, Smudger06 said:

Book a coach or 25 return flights to Toulouse + book a coach at each end of the flight.......£££?

20 away fans v 1000 away fans tickets, pies & pints 😂 £££? 

Add Covid to the mix i think Toulouse could be ruled out. 

I don't think you'll need your maths and sums of money answers for that to be the case.

Even so🤞🏾

I'm doing the same for a coach at the moment.

Besides SL is incapable of placing the fixtures of one team v Toulouse and v Catalan in the same time frame, because of the sacred cow importance of derbies on Bank Holidays etc.

 

 

  • Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

#CorbynwasrightandFordesaidso!  Trusssomewhereovertherainbow v Keithcrisisstickingplaster a moral and ethical choice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

 

Can I be right in assuming that if Bradford don't get the nod then there will be a host of posters on this forum following up with "Fair enough", "I was wrong in my assertions". "Looks like it was fair and reasonable after all" and other similar words of contrition?

No chucking fance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

 

Can I be right in assuming that if Bradford don't get the nod then there will be a host of posters on this forum following up with "Fair enough", "I was wrong in my assertions". "Looks like it was fair and reasonable after all" and other similar words of contrition?

Yes Johnny I will, but I think you hope for a host maybe a bit optimistic.

Will I do? 🤶🏾

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

#CorbynwasrightandFordesaidso!  Trusssomewhereovertherainbow v Keithcrisisstickingplaster a moral and ethical choice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

So it's not this free from any club affiliation of an 'independent' panel to adjudicate on the merits of the applicants as per the criteria published is it?

On the link, why is Simon Moran sat on a milking stool whilst the other 3 have chairs, no wonder he looks perplexed.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, matt newsholme said:

As others have said, its a mainly residential area with very limited parking and very few pubs. Majority of City's support is on that side of city so a lot walk to games meaning parking isn't an issue, conversely bulk of Bulls support is southside of city near Odsal so would walk there but need to park at VP. Bigger issues are cost, not just rental but fact City wanted to keep all income from bars as well and the small pitch. We were allowed to play their previously on strict understanding it was a short term deal whilst Odal was rebuilt ( another deal that fell through) but RFL wont allow us to play there long term without extending pitch which would mean major surgery to stands which is uneconomical

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

So it's not this free from any club affiliation of an 'independent' panel to adjudicate on the merits of the applicants as per the criteria published is it?

On the link, why is Simon Moran sat on a milking stool whilst the other 3 have chairs, no wonder he looks perplexed.

There's been plenty of time for this independent panel to have been briefed on exactly what particular criteria is of upmost importance to the powers that be, amongst the released criteria.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You've gotta feel for them, its really tough. They need a club that is going to bring a little bit to the party, or at least the same as others such as Leigh & Widnes have brought in the past and HKR, Salford, wakey etc bring now. But a Club that is also not going to bring too much to the party, never going to challenge them, eclipse them on field or in boardroom. That would be worse. Its really a difficult balance bless em.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

You've gotta feel for them, its really tough. They need a club that is going to bring a little bit to the party, or at least the same as others such as Leigh & Widnes have brought in the past and HKR, Salford, wakey etc bring now. But a Club that is also not going to bring too much to the party, never going to challenge them, eclipse them on field or in boardroom. That would be worse. Its really a difficult balance bless em.  

Pretty much

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Bradford innit

Is it that obvious?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

#CorbynwasrightandFordesaidso!  Trusssomewhereovertherainbow v Keithcrisisstickingplaster a moral and ethical choice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having been to a few Toulouse matches over the years (Including the last ones) I can say that the match day experience was for me superb.

 

Top price ticket for the Toronto Wolfpack match was Euros 90.00 (Around £ 75.00 at that time) for which I received.

* Match ticket 

* Cava reception (As much as you wanted) 

* Unlimited red/white wine

* Oysters (As many as you wanted opened on the spot for you) 

* Around 10/12 delicious tapas

* Wonderful deserts 

* After match food and drinks 

* Guest speakers 

 

There was around 4/500 in the VIP area fab day and very well organised.

 

I know that they would easily attract those numbers + more for each SL match with a 50% margin (Normal) at 500 persons thats as arffur daly would say a nice little earner over 20K per game.

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Possibly.  However, they did know roughly how many would be applying, because they announced the decision to admit a 12th club several days before releasing the criteria and the 'by 16th December' statement, by which time several clubs had expressed an interest. So, are you suggesting that after Monday, when they know the numbers for certain, that they will give a firm date for this? Otherwise, it becomes a case of releasing it as soon as a decision is made, i.e. any time at all between close of business on Monday and close of business on 16th December. 

No, I mean what I said that it was a reasonable statement to make and gives them appropriate flexibility if the decision was either simple or more complex.

I see nothing sinister in it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

No, I mean what I said that it was a reasonable statement to make and gives them appropriate flexibility if the decision was either simple or more complex.

I see nothing sinister in it.

Yes and in my reply I agreed with you.

No one suggested it was sinister in any way, shape or form.

My original query was why they didn’t make a bit more of an event out of the announcement.  By saying by December 16th, rather than on the 16th (which means something quite different), that suggests that the announcement could be anytime after the Monday application deadline.  Obviously the successful bidder will benefit from knowing as soon as possible, so they can start preparing, so if the decision is relatively straightforward then there’s no point delaying until the 16th.
I know it’s not the same as the Olympics but it would be a bit underwhelming if the decision just trickled out in a low key way and barely got noticed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Why don’t we merge two candidates? Bradford Bulls-Toulouse. After all, that’s what will happen next year anyway. 

dont be ridiculous - that would be like merging a team just cos they are on an m62 junction with an expansion team that has exceeded all expectations and fought against the odds to bring something new, refreshing and exiting to our game - imagine if we merged hudds with sheff eagles for example? oh hold on!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Yes and in my reply I agreed with you.

No one suggested it was sinister in any way, shape or form.

My original query was why they didn’t make a bit more of an event out of the announcement.  By saying by December 16th, rather than on the 16th (which means something quite different), that suggests that the announcement could be anytime after the Monday application deadline.  Obviously the successful bidder will benefit from knowing as soon as possible, so they can start preparing, so if the decision is relatively straightforward then there’s no point delaying until the 16th.
I know it’s not the same as the Olympics but it would be a bit underwhelming if the decision just trickled out in a low key way and barely got noticed.

My misunderstanding.  I hadn't realised that you were advocating an event; thought that you were complaining about the detail. 

Apologies.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Little bell tells me its down to 2

TOULOUSE and YORK 🙂

P

Given that the deadline for submission hasn't yet passed I would give your bells another vigorous shake, if I were you.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • John Drake changed the title to Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)
  • ckn locked this topic
  • ckn unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...