Henson getting fit for a crack at league

20 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Nope. When I popped in he had a game of '5's and 3's' with us and was taking the pee out of Eddie's hair dye. 

Top geezer 

he really does sound brilliant 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

If you think he'll be able to stroll though 80 mins in league 1 you don't know very much about the standard there, and the types of players he'll be playing against. He was a marquee signing for West Wales so he does have something to prove. 

Let's hope he plays on Sunday and see if it's a stroll against the Dons pack, or even his opposing halves or centres come to that.

27 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Let's hope he plays on Sunday and see if it's a stroll against the Dons pack, or even his opposing halves or centres come to that.

I expect there'll be a lot of big props this season (if he plays) looking to run over the top of him. And that's not going to be to prove a point but many will see him as the weak link in the defensive line. He will have a lot to prove and regardless of his Rugby Union experience it will be a baptism of fire for sure. 

On 18/05/2021 at 19:33, barnyia said:

With the level of rugby he's played league 1 is just a bit of fun to keep fit. It's not like he's anything to prove and probably just fancied trying league. Daniel wagon in France was the same he was playing in the 2nd/3rd division in his late thirties but it was just his weekend exercise like if I go for a walk. He strolled through 80 minutes. 

If he has this mentality he’s in for one almighty shock . I think he’ll honestly be doing really well if he makes any kind of significant impact .

If he "just fancied trying league" for the first time at 40. He'd have been better genuinely helping a Welsh community club. I suspect that's not the case. I hope to see him at the Keepmoat.

Of course it's entirely possible he's going to prove everyone wrong and be the difference between the two teams. Who knows?

57 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

If he "just fancied trying league" for the first time at 40. He'd have been better genuinely helping a Welsh community club. I suspect that's not the case. I hope to see him at the Keepmoat.

Of course it's entirely possible he's going to prove everyone wrong and be the difference between the two teams. Who knows?

Nah. Saw him perform or not perform against Widnes 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

19 hours ago, yipyee said:

I didnt think he did too bad against widnes, tackled, kicked well, didnt offer too much in attack but wasnt a weak link in defence. All you can ask for really for a debut in a foreign game. 

You must have been watching a different game. He hid throughout 

23 hours ago, DavidM said:

If he has this mentality he’s in for one almighty shock . I think he’ll honestly be doing really well if he makes any kind of significant impact .

The impact has already been made. Lots of column inches and publicity for his new club

44 minutes ago, LeeF said:

The impact has already been made. Lots of column inches and publicity for his new club

Exactly. For both him and West Wales it's job done. Anything extra now is a bonus and, given his age and how much WWR can possibly pay him, his priority has to be his business. Fair play to him for even getting out onto the pitch once. Plenty wouldn't.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Exactly. For both him and West Wales it's job done. Anything extra now is a bonus and, given his age and how much WWR can possibly pay him, his priority has to be his business. Fair play to him for even getting out onto the pitch once. Plenty wouldn't.

when you put it in that context thats fair enough- good post 

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

You must have been watching a different game. He hid throughout 

I thought he started strongly good positional kicking. I dont think he hid in attack, more so he didnt know what was going on.

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

Yes would love to see their attendances now crowds are allowed back in

41 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Yes would love to see their attendances now crowds are allowed back in

They seem to be one of the better clubs on social media. Some of the “bigger” clubs could learn a few things

11 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Whats your point?

Mine is there is now positive press instead of constant negative press

My pint is they’re still getting beat every week 

18 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Thats irrelevant though, they clearly want to build a fanbase and not be boom and bust

I will say this that success can't only be measured on the pitch. Progress is necessary of course and teams need to be competitive at some point. They seem to be heading in the right direction though and hopefully they can grow a fan base in West Wales. 

23 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Missing again this week for Raiders. Not training at the moment so some way off fitness it seems 

how's he gonna get fit without training?

Archived