New North American Competition?

9 hours ago, Pulga said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNd8Ps3Ahjh/?igshid=136p46oz3p93

New York has rebranded.

I am whelmed.

It's absolutely terrible. On every possible level. To call it amateur would be too much praise.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DlEHARD said:

NYRL rebrand is a disaster. Can't see the stars. Writing is tiny. N is huge, Y looks cramped.

They switched back on social media which is strange.

Must have gauged the reaction. Wasn't a fan of the original badge but it's streets ahead of what they've produced. It will not be legible in the contexts it needs to be used, the writing is too small, the stars you can't see, the statue is too detailed, it's all wrong. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

25 minutes ago, DlEHARD said:

Seems like NY union has taken the navy blue and orange. https://www.rugbyunitedny.com/

Colours of New York, I think quite a few teams use those colours I don't think there'd be an issue using them.

That's a much better badge also, got to give them that. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

I had an interesting conversation last night.

My wife and I went out on a date with friends. While there, we ran into one of their other friends. He has played for the local Rugby Union team for 20 years.

I mentioned that they are bringing a Professional Rugby League team to Phx. He said he wants to go. I mentioned that it was Rugby League not Union. I definitely didn't expect the response.

He told me "I love league. My business partner served a mission in Brisbane. He loves league too. Even went back and played the game for a while."

He even told me that he has 4 acres of land that he is looking to turn into a Rugby field (for Union) but would love to set up a league youth team and help coach them.

The more I talk to people here in the Phoenix valley I think it could be a big success if it is promoted properly.

6 minutes ago, Arizonared said:

My wife and I went out on a date with friends. While there, we ran into one of their other friends. He has played for the local Rugby Union team for 20 years.

I mentioned that they are bringing a Professional Rugby League team to Phx. He said he wants to go. I mentioned that it was Rugby League not Union. I definitely didn't expect the response.

He told me "I love league. My business partner served a mission in Brisbane. He loves league too. Even went back and played the game for a while."

He even told me that he has 4 acres of land that he is looking to turn into a Rugby field (for Union) but would love to set up a league youth team and help coach them.

The more I talk to people here in the Phoenix valley I think it could be a big success if it is promoted properly.

This is great news. Can I ask, are you active on Twitter? I think I may know who you are. 

5 hours ago, DlEHARD said:

NYRL rebrand is a disaster. Can't see the stars. Writing is tiny. N is huge, Y looks cramped.

They switched back on social media which is strange.

What makes it worse is they aren't even in New York City but pumping out the Manhattan skyline etc. There's gonna be some disappointed blokes when they rock up to the White Plains mall.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

West Division announces open tryouts:

Joe Eichner announced as NYRL's first signing:

Perrybourne and Eichner. The level will be very watchable if they keep this up.

new rise.jpg

3 hours ago, Arizonared said:

RL has the potential to blow RU out of the water in North America as the premier rugby code, it just needs the funding and organisation. 

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

RL has the potential to blow RU out of the water in North America as the premier rugby code, it just needs the funding and organisation. 

To judge by the total lack of any response to the launch from the US media this new league won't be able to deliver that which on consideration isn't surprising.

Their launch amounted to a press release and a video on their Facebook page in which their Chief Operating Officer is seen sitting alone in a gym wearing workout clothes, making an announcement wherein he states that the clubs which existed before the new league was founded have all shown proof of being worth 1 million US$.  Leaving aside the question of whether that is true and the question of whether their Facebook video is accessible to the media, that amount is tiny considering that some minor league baseball franchises are worth over 30 million US$.

Unless they can get some media coverage in the US, how long this lasts is anybody's guess.

3 hours ago, Big Picture said:

making an announcement wherein he states that the clubs which existed before the new league was founded have all shown proof of being worth 1 million US$.  Leaving aside the question of whether that is true.

I admire anyone having a go and trying to take rugby league new heights, but I see a pattern of blatant lies forming and it's a real worry. 1st one is the one you mention from the video.

2nd one: Cleveland (who I have a lot of admiration for) wrote on their social media this week that they were founded in 2018, when everyone knows it was in fact 2020.

3rd one: 350 juniors in Utah apparently started playing this year, mid-pandemic, with tough restrictions still in place.

Not sure what their motivation is, but it makes me hesitant to believe everything else they are saying. 

1 hour ago, langpark said:

I admire anyone having a go and trying to take rugby league new heights, but I see a pattern of blatant lies forming and it's a real worry. 1st one is the one you mention from the video.

2nd one: Cleveland (who I have a lot of admiration for) wrote on their social media this week that they were founded in 2018, when everyone knows it was in fact 2020.

3rd one: 350 juniors in Utah apparently started playing this year, mid-pandemic, with tough restrictions still in place.

Not sure what their motivation is, but it makes me hesitant to believe everything else they are saying. 

The video was odd, this is big news for RL in the USA so why not hold a press conference or put out a more professional media release. They may be planning a proper launch but no sign of it.

Saying 2018 on social media sounds more like error by someone. Cleveland's website states 2020 so they are not hiding it and there is no benefit I can see to claiming 2 years of history.

The Utah setup, whatever it turns out to be, has absolutely nothing at all to do with NARL and the article does not say they are actually playing. It says they are in their "programme", that can mean several things.

6 hours ago, Big Picture said:

To judge by the total lack of any response to the launch from the US media this new league won't be able to deliver that which on consideration isn't surprising.

Their launch amounted to a press release and a video on their Facebook page in which their Chief Operating Officer is seen sitting alone in a gym wearing workout clothes, making an announcement wherein he states that the clubs which existed before the new league was founded have all shown proof of being worth 1 million US$.  Leaving aside the question of whether that is true and the question of whether their Facebook video is accessible to the media, that amount is tiny considering that some minor league baseball franchises are worth over 30 million US$.

Unless they can get some media coverage in the US, how long this lasts is anybody's guess.

Why don't you write them a strongly worded letter telling them all to pack it in and go home because what they are doing isn't worth a w.....k? 

12 hours ago, Pulga said:

West Division announces open tryouts:

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

So this confirms what I had already suspected. The six western clubs are all centrally run by the NARL.

140 contracts across 6 teams, is a bit of an odd number = 23.33 players per team. Also gives them just 4 weeks to train before the opening match, though I am not exactly sure how or where these teams will train, if their players will be from all over the place. 

1 minute ago, langpark said:

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

So this confirms what I had already suspected. The six western clubs are all centrally run by the NARL.

It's a possibility but maybe not so. I think there are some twists and turns in it yet.

2 minutes ago, langpark said:

140 contracts across 6 teams, is a bit of an odd number = 23.33 players per team. Also gives them just 4 weeks to train before the opening match, though I am not exactly sure how or where these teams will train, if their players will be from all over the place. 

Maybe some clubs have a few players signed that they haven't announced which would account for the odd number.

new rise.jpg

16 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Colours of New York, I think quite a few teams use those colours I don't think there'd be an issue using them.

That's a much better badge also, got to give them that. 

Yes, the New York Knicks, New York Islanders and New York Mets use them for reasons linked to New Amsterdam heritage, New York City flag and the World Fair held there in the 1960s which made great play of the colour scheme.

My understanding is the Brooklyn Dodgers (Blue) and New York Giants (Orange), moved out to California simultaneously to play in Los Angeles and San Francisco respectively.

Then baseball’s National League (the Yankees play in the American League) wanted a presence in New York as the above moves caused great consternation - thus the New York Mets were born who adopted the colours of blue and orange to appeal to former Dodgers and Giants fans.

I'm learning a lot about American sport. 

I noticed NARL used some short footage of CaliRL in their latest video. Someone on Instagram said "Has CaliRL sanction?", CaliRL actually replied "Negative". 

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

9 minutes ago, DlEHARD said:

I'm learning a lot about American sport. 

I noticed NARL used some short footage of CaliRL in their latest video. Someone on Instagram said "Has CaliRL sanction?", CaliRL actually replied "Negative". 

How rugby league of them.

new rise.jpg

All smells a bit AMNRL to me...

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Has anyone seen any contracts or other documents in relation to the league. Am interested to know what clubs have signed up for. They cant just be getting free money, surely there must be things they need to prove to get the central funding. Also who is bankrolling the whole thing? 

Archived