• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I think a team had a plan (was it manchester rangers?) playing out of the modern man city campus, they also wanted to link in with the colkeges and university.. The RFL said no thanks.

Schools and Community clubs to begin with and that's hard work

Salford are working on that, there are some new clubs in the fold.

Mancunians will not support a team that does not have Manchester in its name so this is all pointless. Bit like Saints doing a few initiatives in Liverpool and then ditching them 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Mancunians will not support a team that does not have Manchester in its name so this is all pointless. Bit like Saints doing a few initiatives in Liverpool and then ditching them 

Creating new community clubs around different areas of Manchester is pointless?

15 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Creating new community clubs around different areas of Manchester is pointless?

Absolutely not. 

just throwing the name Manchester about is though. Just call them sale lions or Trafford lions instead.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Absolutely not. 

just throwing the name Manchester about is though. Just call them sale lions or Trafford lions instead.

I agree with you. I think community clubs should be named after the community they serve

9 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Yeah, it’s only the name that’s holding back the clubs around Manchester. 

1 hour ago, JM2010 said:

I agree with you. I think community clubs should be named after the community they serve

I know what you mean. There is a problem, though. If we did that,  we'd have to call the England RL team the Moaning Minnies, as they serve the England RL community. 😀

In any case, thesee days, the community a team serves is far wider than the locality of the team base. People move away and watch on Tv or listen on the radio. I bet there are many current and former Lions followers who live outside the area.

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad